Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:32:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: eBay CEO: "We will have to integrate digital currencies..."  (Read 2846 times)
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:20:47 PM

Overstock, Dish, Apple and now (perhaps) ebay, this year will end in an explosion of the bitcoin value in my opinion.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:32:49 PM

Wow things are really rolling back in the positive for Bitcoin.  First it was all the negative news about China but that seems to be in the past now, things looking up...it all goes in waves, cycles...
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:10:02 PM

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:39:55 PM

i only care in that it will affect the price of bitcoin.. i don't care in that i wouldn't use ebay even if they did integrate bitcoin. fuck them.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 04:50:33 PM

big news, one more   Cheesy

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 05:26:05 PM

GG fiat, you just lost the game.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
scribbles

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:12:02 AM

Looking for a bump to value once eBay/PayPal adds to the momentum!  Grin

http://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/id/101734293

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:13:10 AM

i only care in that it will affect the price of bitcoin.. i don't care in that i wouldn't use ebay even if they did integrate bitcoin. fuck them.

Don't mince words. What do you really think?  Grin

Cranky4u

Activity: 810

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 01:15:26 AM

Time to start dollar averaging purchase program again  Smiley

lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:29:22 AM

I wonder if Ebay/Paypal accepting Bitcoin will kick off the next price bubble?
After that, more people will accept BTC as a currency, and will buy and hold it. The trading volume will increase more than double than today.It will be difficult for any one or company to control the price, which will be more stable than today.
p2pbucks

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 01:32:36 AM

No ,don't do this , let's do a competation ,see who will stand last  Grin
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:48:59 AM

This is very positive for Bitcoin; however, just because the CEO holds a certain sentiment, it doesn't necessarily mean that the company will have to follow suit. Like it has been mentioned, lobbying to the company's board is an entirely different situation.

That said, I think the board should be lobbied to; that would actually be a much bigger step than stating it in some sort of press release.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:54:58 AM

This is very positive for Bitcoin; however, just because the CEO holds a certain sentiment, it doesn't necessarily mean that the company will have to follow suit. Like it has been mentioned, lobbying to the company's board is an entirely different situation.

That said, I think the board should be lobbied to; that would actually be a much bigger step than stating it in some sort of press release.

If there is money to be made they will get in line. That is the nature of commerce.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:13:51 AM

If there is money to be made they will get in line. That is the nature of commerce.

or they could protect their current business model by getting lobbyists to go against bitcoin.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 03:16:18 AM

or they could protect their current business model by getting lobbyists to go against bitcoin.
Sure, they could do this. For awhile.

Look how long Blockbuster held out against the one-two punch of piracy* [sic] and Netflix! Oh wait, they crashed and burned hard. Nevermind.

*Non-slander term = digital culture sharing.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:23:37 AM

That would be a very short sighted way to go about it. Beliathon's Blockbuster example is spot on. Adapt to a changing world or go the way of the dinosaurs.

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:49:19 PM

That would be a very short sighted way to go about it. Beliathon's Blockbuster example is spot on. Adapt to a changing world or go the way of the dinosaurs.

I agree that lobbying against it would be very short-sighted but other companies have already started the cogs rolling in that direction (i.e. Mastercard). Naturally adopting new, up-and-coming technologies is the way to go.

There is one key difference between Blockbuster and eBay: their business models are predicated on completely different things. As long as traditional credit and fiat transfers are viable, I think eBay is safe. And frankly, there isn't any particularly substantive reason to believe that will change anytime soon.

Like I said, lobbying it to a business board (especially one in a company like eBay) would at least start a discussion among business big-wigs.
Finchy

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:52:20 PM

It's same with any service, but this is what I like about bitcoin as it's seriously going to make businesses like PayPal and ebay change their ways.
Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:52:40 PM

I agree that lobbying against it would be very short-sighted but other companies have already started the cogs rolling in that direction (i.e. Mastercard). Naturally adopting new, up-and-coming technologies is the way to go.

There is one key difference between Blockbuster and eBay: their business models are predicated on completely different things. As long as traditional credit and fiat transfers are viable, I think eBay is safe. And frankly, there isn't any particularly substantive reason to believe that will change anytime soon.

Like I said, lobbying it to a business board (especially one in a company like eBay) would at least start a discussion among business big-wigs.

Absolutely. Once the herd mentality sets in things are going to get fun.

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:53:30 PM

ebaycoin (EBC).

ALL MY MONEY.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: