Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:15:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WeUseCoins: Some minor announcements  (Read 1246 times)
Stefan Thomas (OP)

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

AKA: Justmoon

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2011, 12:52:14 AM

Don't want to take too much of everyone's time, just need to make some announcements:

Firstly, the funding page is now up: http://www.weusecoins.com/fund.php - Every time the marketing fund spends money I'll update that page so you can see what we're doing. I put in the first video at a fixed amount of 2000 BTC as promised. For future expenses we'll do the accounting individually if possible, e.g. if the voice over costs 500$, we'll put it as a single entry with the corresponding amount of coins at whatever exchange rate we were able to get.

Also, I've added a link to the materials page in the footer: http://www.weusecoins.com/materials.php

The mining guide is launched for now, I've made it even clearer that normal users don't need to mine, I hope it's ok for now. I do still think that it wouldn't hurt if more people understood how mining is done, even if they don't mine themselves. Also the page has lots of links to the wiki and it's a great place to start diving deeper into Bitcoin imho.

I also darkened the font color - somebody suggested that, but I can't find the post anymore. Embarrassed So whoever you are, thanks, good suggestion! Smiley

Finally, I felt that the Bitcoin Roadtrip is an awesome project for some Bitcoin publicity and so the fund made its first donation: 50 BTC to PLATO for the Bitcoin Roadtrip. Go PLATO!! Wheee! Cheesy

And that's all for now. I've been quite busy on my other Bitcoin project which I should finally be able to launch by next weekend. Meanwhile, please keep sharing your thoughts in the 2nd video thread. We have a full 7002 BTC in the marketing fund and I need ideas on how to spend it.

Twitter: @justmoon
PGP: D16E 7B04 42B9 F02E 0660  C094 C947 3700 A4B0 8BF3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 11:34:44 AM

Great stuff!

I'm still not totally convinced mining should be mentioned on weusecoins, but if it's going to be, what you provide is a nice explanation. It could maybe make it clearer that speed is important and that CPU mining is fairly pointless given the current difficulty.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: