Bitcoin Forum
April 02, 2024, 02:35:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin.de OTC  (Read 2203 times)
jago25_98 (OP)

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2012, 11:37:08 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2012, 12:49:24 AM by jago25_98

I've been playing with:

https://www.bitcoin.de/r/475e9c
 Note: this is my referral link.

I find it notable since it's OTC over the counter with ratings and so forth so as far as I can see it doesn't require regulation since it is simply enabling people and exchange.

To get English you have to set it to Spainish first and then to English or login. 

Fiat transfer methods:
-SEPA
-Liberty Reserve
-Moneybookers
-German bank accounts

I did a search but can't seem to get a match for "bitcoin.de" even though I've seen it mentioned in a thread before. Are there similar markets to this other than Bitcoinmarket?

Edit: how many of us have managed to keep our identity/banking system unlinked from out bitcoins? That is, i wonder how common it is to not have a link between bank account and bitcoins...

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 04:23:04 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 01:38:58 PM by 2weiX

I LOVE BITCOIN.DE
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 04:59:53 PM

I advise not using it.

There's a fee on selling.
There's a fee on creating an order: If you only sell 10BTC from a 50BTC order, you *HAVE TO* create a new order - with new fees!
There's another fee: If you cancel an order, there's a "marketplace fee".

Complete and udder ripoff.
No decent FAQ, no detailed view of paid commissions.

I prefer bitmarket24.eu.

Well, hidden fees are pain in the ass. But bitmarket24.eu doesn't even work for me.

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 05:16:43 PM

I advise not using it.

There's a fee on selling.
There's a fee on creating an order: If you only sell 10BTC from a 50BTC order, you *HAVE TO* create a new order - with new fees!
There's another fee: If you cancel an order, there's a "marketplace fee".

Complete and udder ripoff.
No decent FAQ, no detailed view of paid commissions.

I prefer bitmarket24.eu.

Well, hidden fees are pain in the ass. But bitmarket24.eu doesn't even work for me.

what's the problem?
I 've moved >3000 BTC there this year, works fine for me.
kangasbros

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 05:20:02 PM

what's the problem?

LOL, I can't reach the url bitmarket24.eu, and if I google it, nothing is found...

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 05:29:02 PM

what's the problem?

LOL, I can't reach the url bitmarket24.eu, and if I google it, nothing is found...

sorry, I suck.

I meant https://bitmarket.eu/

Where'd I get the 24 from?
brunozisterer

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 06:00:28 PM

I worked since the beginning with http://www.Bitcoin.de never ever had a problem realy good Bitcoinmarket.
Also with http://www.Bitmarket.eu I had never problems.
New on the market is now: http://www.bitcoin-24.com
They started not long ago, but on this market you can directly cash in via
"sofort überweisung" and buy Bitcoins. I think MxGox will start to loose customers.
kangasbros

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 06:20:44 PM

I worked since the beginning with http://www.Bitcoin.de never ever had a problem realy good Bitcoinmarket.
Also with http://www.Bitmarket.eu I had never problems.
New on the market is now: http://www.bitcoin-24.com
They started not long ago, but on this market you can directly cash in via
"sofort überweisung" and buy Bitcoins. I think MxGox will start to loose customers.

How fucking hard it is? Just add a large button "Fees", which lists all the fees with the service.

"Bitcoin-24 will not charge any fees for Bitcoin transactions!"

That is the only information they seem to give. Fuck you. I will not send any money to that service, and I will as well discourage everyone from using it.

pedro82

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 08:34:33 PM

At beginning of July 2012 i made an exchange in Bitcoin.de that went wrong and lost, so far some money. Bitcoin.de recognized the problem but six days later did not refund me yet. 

Bitcoin.de did not get into details but it seems to me that my exchange peer hacker them and that got way with my bitcoins and the money i send him to buy it !

When problems arise you have not a name a phone a address …

I will post the end of this so you learn with my experience, but so far I don`t recommend them .
kangasbros

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 08:47:37 PM

At beginning of July 2012 i made an exchange in Bitcoin.de that went wrong and lost, so far some money. Bitcoin.de recognized the problem but six days later did not refund me yet. 

Bitcoin.de did not get into details but it seems to me that my exchange peer hacker them and that got way with my bitcoins and the money i send him to buy it !

I will post the end of this so you learn with my experience, but so far I don`t recommend them .

Well, it is an p2p exchange... The problem with these is always that how to initially gain reputation. Someone has to take the first step and start trusting someone.

I guess bitcoin.de places some limits on new users, such as maximum buy amount etc.

p2p trading would of course be perfect from some viewpoints - no bank transfers to single entity (exchange) etc. However the trust issue is very hard problem to be solved.

pedro82

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 10:02:30 PM

Well, it is an p2p exchange... The problem with these is always that how to initially gain reputation. Someone has to take the first step and start trusting someone.

I guess bitcoin.de places some limits on new users, such as maximum buy amount etc.

p2p trading would of course be perfect from some viewpoints - no bank transfers to single entity (exchange) etc. However the trust issue is very hard problem to be solved.

That's not that simple , that site hold bitcoin wallet of peers , and froze respective  BTC involved during exchange , so if BTC disappeared they are the first suspect till prove innocent, and the fact is that five days had past and they did not clear explain  me what happened ! If they where professional/serious exchange  they would at least inform what happened. These guys takes fees for every exchange so they should at least answer emails and try to mitigate things!
pedro82

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 09:32:36 PM

After several thays of silence they show up and refund me !

They still did not get me into details of this issue but they paid me after all !

All ok now!
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 10:19:21 PM

bitcoin.de does NOT charge a fee to place an order. There is a fee of 0.5% for the buyer and 0.5% for the seller when the order is matched. Because it's a p2p exchange, they take 1% off of the BTC, but the buyer has to pay 0.5% less. (Check it, that amounts to 0.5% for both sides)
Their support is somewhat slow. Try sending your message in German, I find it helps.

bitmarket.eu is fine. It simply works, but you have no feedback or history of the person buying/selling.

bitcoin-24 is fine. They have no fees on trades, and no fees on withdrawals. They charge a fee for deposits using Sofortüberweisung, MtGox USD Code, Liqpay and OKPAY. The owner is very responsive, usually within a day or so. His English isn't the best but he tries anyway. He's actively trying to improve the exchange, and recently added two-factor auth after my suggestion.

How fucking hard it is? Just add a large button "Fees", which lists all the fees with the service.

"Bitcoin-24 will not charge any fees for Bitcoin transactions!"

That is the only information they seem to give. Fuck you. I will not send any money to that service, and I will as well discourage everyone from using it.
Seriously, chill out. The info is there. Try clicking some things. It's not rocket science.

jago25_98 (OP)

Activity: 900
Merit: 1000

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 05:00:09 PM

These OTC markets should have the ability to define your identify by GPG key. That way, you can go from #OTC to various sites with the same reputation

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Danijel Habek

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 11:54:39 PM

I've stopped trading at Bitcoin.de as I've had to use Moneybookers to withdraw, as I'm out of SEPA. Everytime I've got money from trade the sender was "Bitcoin.de". And everyone knows what happens to peeps who trade bitcoins through MB. In case you don't know, your account at MB gets closed if they find out that you're trading bitcoins, as it doesn't play well with their TOS.

Quote from: TraderTimm
For me, bitcoin is freedom that I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.
curado71

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 10:53:51 AM

bitmarket.eu is closed. They now refer to Bitalo that did not open yet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: