Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:30:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NUD ₦ ] New Universal Dollar | Bcrypt | 0% Pre-mine | First Anonymous Crypto  (Read 127489 times)
bingoberra

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:17:35 AM

Yup, mining solo is very hard right now. A low-end CPU could probably run for months without finding blocks. Better to just buy on Bittrex until an external miner + pool is available. NUD is extremely cheap considering the high diff.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kikeda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 01:01:24 PM

Yup, mining solo is very hard right now. A low-end CPU could probably run for months without finding blocks. Better to just buy on Bittrex until an external miner + pool is available. NUD is extremely cheap considering the high diff.

yep buying it on bittrex is much cheaper than setting up aws instances.
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:51:58 PM

Why isn't NUD at coinmarketcap , can someone make that contact please?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.0

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:52:18 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=713538.msg8062665#msg8062665

somebody said:
“I can't find any information about why the NUD blockchain is smaller than a normal blockchain”

“NUD still use original blockchain model, not mini-blockchain scheme like Cryptonite. You must provide technical evidence to prove your claim.

NUD also promise 'complete anonymity' but appearently it's just a promise.”

I'm not knowledgeable enough to say whether or not NUD's anonymity method is better or worse than others.  I would actually be very interested to see an impartial third-party who knows what they are talking about review the code.

As far as the mini-blockchain goes, NUD team never claimed it was implemented.  Just that they had a method in the works for implementation down the road.  At this point in time, yes, NUD does use a normal blockchain.
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:10:28 PM

longtime no see devteam,they are the confidence of NUD market,and the community.

Devs on vacation for a week.  They will return in a few days.
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:11:40 PM

Why isn't NUD at coinmarketcap , can someone make that contact please?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.0

I'm on it now.
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:16:14 PM

Done.
doldgigger

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:40:54 AM

I am looking for just one exchange which is willing to add NUD and get my exclusive support, ideally it would be stable and offer low fees. Since a hit on a network this early could potentially prove to be fatal exchange security is paramount, having it being operated by professionals would be ideal.

Overall NUD is stable enough to be offered at multiple exchanges but my personal choice is to offer my technical support to just one exchange however the code savvy members might support whatever exchange they wish.

To prevent FUD in advance I am making it clear that: I will also not send any bounties or our donations to any exchanges as to not hurt the free market, no code modifications that will favor one business model over another will be implemented either.

I am getting many daily PMs from people looking to buy so I feel as if there is a market to tap into for an exchange as well here. Hopefully this will be a mutually beneficial deal.

Thanks!

A cryptocurrency which can be depended upon is transparent enough so the free market alone allows exchange operators to make educated decisions about supporting it.

Nepotism between coin developers and "exclusively supported" exchanges does not add to transparency. In fact, it could be considered as a risk from the user perspective.

19orEcoqXQ5bzKbzbAnbQrCkQC5ahSh4P9
Feel free to PM me for consulting and development services.
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:11:46 PM

How much is the bounty for extern cpu-miner?
If the cpu-miner is available, pools will be soon followed and djm34 won't have much problem porting it to gpu.
kikeda

Activity: 364

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:56:37 PM

How much is the bounty for extern cpu-miner?
If the cpu-miner is available, pools will be soon followed and djm34 won't have much problem porting it to gpu.

You could ask julian or head on to the official forum http://nud.fi/forums/ since devs are more active there.
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:14:21 AM

I am looking for just one exchange which is willing to add NUD and get my exclusive support, ideally it would be stable and offer low fees. Since a hit on a network this early could potentially prove to be fatal exchange security is paramount, having it being operated by professionals would be ideal.

Overall NUD is stable enough to be offered at multiple exchanges but my personal choice is to offer my technical support to just one exchange however the code savvy members might support whatever exchange they wish.

To prevent FUD in advance I am making it clear that: I will also not send any bounties or our donations to any exchanges as to not hurt the free market, no code modifications that will favor one business model over another will be implemented either.

I am getting many daily PMs from people looking to buy so I feel as if there is a market to tap into for an exchange as well here. Hopefully this will be a mutually beneficial deal.

Thanks!

A cryptocurrency which can be depended upon is transparent enough so the free market alone allows exchange operators to make educated decisions about supporting it.

Nepotism between coin developers and "exclusively supported" exchanges does not add to transparency. In fact, it could be considered as a risk from the user perspective.

Please look up the meaning of the word "nepotism".  If you're going to come in here and "try" to sound smart, first you must educate yourself otherwise you are just spitting out bullshit as well as FUD.

*hint* there can not be nepotism between coin developers unless those developers share familial ties

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:25:02 AM

Please look up the meaning of the word "nepotism".  If you're going to come in here and "try" to sound smart, first you must educate yourself otherwise you are just spitting out bullshit as well as FUD.

*hint* there can not be nepotism between coin developers unless those developers share familial ties

Google search, first result:
nep·o·tism ˈnepəˌtizəm, noun
the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

I think we could relax a bit. Every community needs
its critics and by his perseverance, dolddigger has proved to
be beyond simple trolling.

“God does not play dice"
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:45:19 AM

Google search, first result:
nep·o·tism ˈnepəˌtizəm, noun
the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

I think we could relax a bit. Every community needs
its critics and by his perseverance, dolddigger has proved to
be beyond simple trolling.

That wasn't my first search result, however, it seems like some sources have chosen to update and extend the meaning (including OED) , probably based on loose, incorrect usage becoming prevalent over time which was very much the root of my annoyance in the first place.

I hold my hands up and hang my head on this one, you got me.  No excuses, my apologies to dolddigger for being a twat on this occasion, not the first time and won't be the last.

@dolddigger... However, I still don't get the point of coming here with such negativity, going back to your post you made two points;

the first I wholly agree with, the second is nonsense.  How can reaching out and asking to establish a new working relationship with an as yet unidentified third party be nepotism by any accepted definition of the word?

Maybe the dev is busy / has another life and doesn't want a full-time job hand-holding every up and coming exchange out there, many of which have proven to be nefarious or naive at best.  I think it's perfectly reasonable of him to say that he only wants to deal with one exchange personally and he did in fact say that anybody else technically savvy enough was perfectly at liberty to involve themselves in supporting other exchanges.

I think you are deliberately twisting awkwardly expressed views and attempting to make them something devious and/or negative out of some personal vendetta.  Hence my failed swipe at you in the same vein.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
tmbp

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:50:19 AM

dump your coins they aint going nowhere
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:43:45 AM

Thanks!

Why all the hate and negativity?  You obviously like NUD, I don't see why you would keep coming back to this thread if you didn't.  It's like you got bored of bringing up the same baseless scam accusations centered around the blockchain reset and scanned through the thread just looking to find something else to bitch about.
tmbp

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:04:45 AM

I have sold all my reserves of this coin, you'd do well to do the same promptly, dev has abandoned the coin after his dump
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:13:13 AM

I have sold all my reserves of this coin, you'd do well to do the same promptly, dev has abandoned the coin after his dump

Is there any truth to this?
tmbp

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:34:58 AM

Is there any truth to this?

Plenty of truth to it, I can still offer you 1BTC per 500,000NUD  Tongue

If you wish to hold then please do, I don't care.
CoinFinder2

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:37:00 AM

I've setup a pool with hash - but I dont know if it works or not.

Ive tried to create a CPU miner also but either the pool or miner (or both) fail as it gets "share above target".

http://www.hashharder.com/nudd/newuniversaldollar

If anyone has a cpu miner out there - try it please Smiley
sixteendigits

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:23:58 AM

Someone needs to learn to use an alternate account for FUD spreading.  Busted!

But yeah, please dump if you would like, scooping up more NUD around 2000 satoshis sounds lovely.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: