Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:42:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin ever goes mainstream  (Read 29017 times)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:23:36 AM

I think that bitcoin will go mainstream after halving cause many, many people will see that we make big money with bitcoin. But if price will not increase, noting will happen obvisusly.

Halving will not make it go main stream. Block size increase will make it as people can transact easier.

How much easier will it get?

GermanFoobla

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:39:10 AM

I think that bitcoin will go mainstream after halving cause many, many people will see that we make big money with bitcoin. But if price will not increase, noting will happen obvisusly.

Halving will not make it go main stream. Block size increase will make it as people can transact easier.
I also think that it is not going to be mainstream because mainstream means that the majority of the people makes use of it and I do not see that happening with Bitcoin.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:09:03 AM

I also think that it is not going to be mainstream because mainstream means that the majority of the people makes use of it and I do not see that happening with Bitcoin.
Everything in life takes time. You can't expect from a fairly new technology where some people may have heard of but totally don't know what it exactly is, that it will get adopted directly.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
n3o111

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:46:08 PM

I would say it's already gone mainstream.   

Of course there's huge room for more adoption, and it's not as mainstream as say people having a debit card or phone in their pocket.

I'm excited about the future of bitcoin and or cryptocurrencies.
thichtieuthuong

Activity: 310
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:52:04 PM

The real problem is deep in the architecture:  it is not designed to handle the huge volume of transactions implied by "main stream".  That stream is like a mighty river which cannot be handled by a water system designed for a small town.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:57:38 PM

The real problem is deep in the architecture:  it is not designed to handle the huge volume of transactions implied by "main stream".  That stream is like a mighty river which cannot be handled by a water system designed for a small town.
Architecture and network capacity is one problem. But it is fixable one. There are ways to make bitcoin more efficient by upgrading code.
There are things we can't change however - I am talking for example about fear of Satoshi's Stashed Coins, many people belive that this is the main reason bitcoin can't be serious investnemt.
As there is always chance of market crashing at the first sign of Satoshi's coin being moved.
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 12:59:31 PM

I would say it's already gone mainstream.   

Of course there's huge room for more adoption, and it's not as mainstream as say people having a debit card or phone in their pocket.

I'm excited about the future of bitcoin and or cryptocurrencies.

Exactly, more and more people are involving themselves in digital world and in digital currency too, and I think bitcoin has already hit the mainstream, now its time to wait n watch what future holds.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:42:12 PM

It would of course be a god thing if Bitcoin was going mainstream but In know that that is not going to happen.
For it to go mainstream means that it has to be on the level of google and youtube.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:49:29 PM

... um, since you mention architecture, actually it is more like a massive aqueduct used for moving water from one city to the next that only has a trickle of the best mountain water running along it that the engineers are using to test (and drink from themselves Smiley ) and none of the small towns, villages, houses or shops have connected their small pipes to it yet.

hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 02:00:01 PM

yes most people were looking for the benefits of halving, and they are very optimistic that halving can make the price increases, so a lot of people who buy and hold before halving occurs.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002

= jasad =

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:11:21 PM

why?tell me rational reason why it gonna happen?i think bitcoiin halving just one of many bitcoin project bitcoin future,its will make bitcoin better and have gain popularity with better price.its just what i think.
sanadas

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 07:24:48 AM

why?tell me rational reason why it gonna happen?i think bitcoiin halving just one of many bitcoin project bitcoin future,its will make bitcoin better and have gain popularity with better price.its just what i think.

The block size increase will make transactions more smooth, so more people and business will use it.

Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 08:38:01 AM

As per my understanding, the block reward halving, will make bitcoin more popular due to the supply reduction with same (initially) demand. In other words we can assume halving will be biggest promotion for bitcoin ecosystem. So, this promotion may take and land into even mainstream of adoptions too.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 08:52:22 AM

Bitcoin will go mainstream one dayz simply cause bitcoin offer old things in new way. We can gamble and send money abroad very easily.
Bitcoin have couple advantage's and that will make btc mainstream one day, but I'm wondering about that coin limit and you know what? Alt coins will fill that, there is couple capable for that.

I think couple good coins and situation is solved. Just will alt coins follow progress that bitcoin can make?

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ngocdhbk2

Activity: 404
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 08:59:10 AM

I believe Bitcoin's mass adoption will occur, will look much different than we think it will, and will probably piss a lot of early adopters/hodlers off.

sanadas

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 08:26:48 AM

I believe Bitcoin's mass adoption will occur, will look much different than we think it will, and will probably piss a lot of early adopters/hodlers off.

The mass adoption is happening now. For me, I use the bitcoin to buy something on line whenever possible.

Chrismeister

Activity: 465

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 08:52:54 AM

If Bitcoin ever goes mainstream that means that Bitcoin has evolved to something bigger and better. Going mainstream means that most of the people make use of it like websites like Youtube and Google.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 09:55:39 AM

I think that it is never going to happen because Bitcoin is easily something that people do not want to make use of in there live because they think it is boring or something.
23dzmaz

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 31, 2016, 10:24:33 AM

I think bitcoin is never goes mainstream. I mean, what is the mainstream affect to bitcoin ? If the bitcoin's price still high when bitcoin goes mainstream, i'm okay with that.
sanadas

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:03:24 AM

I think bitcoin is never goes mainstream. I mean, what is the mainstream affect to bitcoin ? If the bitcoin's price still high when bitcoin goes mainstream, i'm okay with that.

When the bitcoin goes to the main stream, the price will be very high. I think it will be thousands of times higher.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: