Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:42:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new 5850 for $146  (Read 1525 times)
cmg5461 (OP)

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 06:02:21 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400276694236?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2981wt_1136

I bought one of these.  Comes with a 1 year warranty.  Just wondering if it was a good deal or I got ripped off o.o

It was a "can't-resist" moment Cheesy

If I've helped: 1CmguJhwW4sbtSMFsyaafikJ8jhYS61quz

Sold: 5850 to lepenguin. Quick, easy and trustworthy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 06:22:39 AM

Can't really say because I haven't been looking at those but from a quick look at other eBay auctions you seemed to get it a fair price.  Not great but not ripped off either.

Definitely a nice plus that it still has a warranty on it.

Edit: Although now that I think about, it might be possible to find some 5870's around that price range so maybe the 5850s go for a little less (eBay tends to be a bit higher priced compared to buying it off other people on forums and such).

check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:55:48 AM

$146 is OK. Compuvest had the Asus ones for $160, 101 gone in a week.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
hmblm1245

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:50:16 AM

Yes with the price of BTCs these days. in December they were going for around 120 - 135. Check the 5970s they have skyrocketed in the last month.

Also check out http://www.bensoutlet.com/ every now or then they will have amazing deals. i picked up 4 5850s for 119 but they have no warranty like yours.
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 03:07:17 PM

screw bensoutlet.

i ordered a bunch of gpus from them.  They sent me a tracking number and charged my credit card. couple days later they do an intercept with UPS and claim that the cards were OOS.
I've been emailing them back and forth for a couple of weeks and they tell me that the cards were OOS.

So:

1 - They shipped me empty boxes.

or

2 - They are lieing about being OOS.

Either way, it's a shady way to do business.
hmblm1245

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 04:12:39 PM

screw bensoutlet.

i ordered a bunch of gpus from them.  They sent me a tracking number and charged my credit card. couple days later they do an intercept with UPS and claim that the cards were OOS.
I've been emailing them back and forth for a couple of weeks and they tell me that the cards were OOS.

So:

or

that sucks. i'v done a few deals with them and have never had a problem. one weird thing is they ship them individually.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 04:31:55 PM

screw bensoutlet.

So:

or

that sucks. i'v done a few deals with them and have never had a problem. one weird thing is they ship them individually.
+1, they provide tracking numbers for all the individual items instantly, which makes me think that they print out a label right away. If their stock levels weren't accurate, and the label got printed right away, it would show on UPSs site, but wouldn't actually have been picked up and sent.

You say they performed an intercept. Are you sure of this? Did it actually show that they had shipped, and then been intercepted?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 09:27:20 PM

That's pretty common. Places will submit the information to fedex/ups which gives them a tracking number. But fedex/ups hasn't picked up the package (or it hasn't been dropped off). What likely happened is bensoutlet just cancelled it and it probably said "returned to shipper" on the tracking.

screw bensoutlet.

So:

or

+1, they provide tracking numbers for all the individual items instantly, which makes me think that they print out a label right away. If their stock levels weren't accurate, and the label got printed right away, it would show on UPSs site, but wouldn't actually have been picked up and sent.

You say they performed an intercept. Are you sure of this? Did it actually show that they had shipped, and then been intercepted?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
abracadabra

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 04:42:17 AM

screw bensoutlet.

So:

or

An intercept was performed on all the packages that were shipped to me.  Yes, I checked tracking.  Yes, they admited to doing an intercept of the packages when they had arrived at my local depot.  They refuse to give me a reason why they were intercepted.
abracadabra

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 04:43:30 AM

That's pretty common. Places will submit the information to fedex/ups which gives them a tracking number. But fedex/ups hasn't picked up the package (or it hasn't been dropped off). What likely happened is bensoutlet just cancelled it and it probably said "returned to shipper" on the tracking.

screw bensoutlet.

So:

or

No.  The packages had been shipped and had arrived at my local UPS depot.  I know the difference between a package actually being shipped and just a label being printed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: