Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:33:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [RE-ANN] GrowthCoin PoW/PoS - 100% per year - Version 1.3.0.1  (Read 66155 times)
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:48:25 PM

I guess no one is trading in GRW any more. Hmm

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SteinGalen

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:31:37 PM

Is this coin dead, or what's the status?
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:35:49 PM

Is this coin dead, or what's the status?
GRW is alive and network is running strong but currently it needs an exchange.
SteinGalen

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:51:01 AM

Do you have faith in it?
SolidStateSurvivor

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 06:17:00 PM

Do you have faith in it?

Ja, akkurat! We need an exchange, but a lot of them have closed down, am I sad to say.

SteinGalen

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:52:00 AM

Rimbit Co Ltd, the company behind Rimbit, is running a successful crowdfunding campaign ($124,000 raised) at Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/next-evolution-in-digital-currency. They are currently offering a buyout opportunity to holders of GrowthCoin.

Because you believe in the crypto currency idea, you – at some stage – had faith in GrowthCoin. They hope that by exchanging your dead coin for Rimbit, your faith will also move over to Rimbit. Users are the most valuable asset to any crypto currency and its community, and it would be a shame if you were to lose interest in the crypto currency idea because of a poorly developed coin, when there are viable alternatives like Rimbit.

You should get in touch with them by posting at their forum: http://rimbitforum.com
SolidStateSurvivor

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 05:47:16 PM

Rimbit Co Ltd, the company behind Rimbit, is running a successful crowdfunding campaign ($124,000 raised) at Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/next-evolution-in-digital-currency. They are currently offering a buyout opportunity to holders of GrowthCoin.

Because you believe in the crypto currency idea, you – at some stage – had faith in GrowthCoin. They hope that by exchanging your dead coin for Rimbit, your faith will also move over to Rimbit. Users are the most valuable asset to any crypto currency and its community, and it would be a shame if you were to lose interest in the crypto currency idea because of a poorly developed coin, when there are viable alternatives like Rimbit.

You should get in touch with them by posting at their forum: http://rimbitforum.com

So we should send our GRW and swap it for Rimbit, that's what you're saying? Umm.

SteinGalen

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 06:35:45 PM

Seems like a good deal if this coin is dead.
unick (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:13:48 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2015, 04:24:12 AM by unick

Hello all,

It's sad that AllCoin closed the market I know there was not much activity but there was a little still

I don't think GRW is dead, I still have plans to put some more work on the client side.  For now, time is an issue for me, but I do put some work in it when I get some free time.  I'm also updating the block explorer grw.blockx.info to a new backend custom code. The work is still not finished but it's moving along great.  I hope this will improve the site speed and resolve the intermittent crashes I used to experience with the daemon.

For now, it's looking good for the past 3-4 days!

Also, I'm not asking anything from anyone. I still like to remind that this is (or at least it should be) a community effort.  If anyone has ideas, please share. Even contact me in private, as I love to discuss new ideas with people.

I have ideas of my own but you will have to be a little more patient with the deployment of these new ideas.

For now, if anyone can contact Allcoin/Cryptsy/other exchange, merchants and/or other investors, it will revive the community and get some activity going.  I know I would love to see GRW with a stronger network and more volume on a serious exchange

Don't forget that this coin died once, got resurrected and is still alive !!! Not that many altcoins can be proud of the same.

One last thing, I do come from time to time to check on the thread but for some reason I don't always get the update by email.  So if you wish to contact me, private messages are coming through fine, and it's the best way to get to me!

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
unick (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 04:48:28 AM

I would love to add something.

I would love to see some initiatives on behalf of the community.

I would like to form a group of people who want to share ideas, develop a plan and help in the realization of that plan.

If you believe that you are fit for the challenge. Please contact me in private so we can discuss further.

and so it's clear. I come in here as much as I can, I don't want the success/failure of GRW to depend on me only.  If I have less time to put into the community, the development (promotion and other) should not be stalled.
so I guess this is the main reason why I would love to see the formation of a group of talented people. So the development of this coin can carry on and grow!

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
SolidStateSurvivor

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 01:40:30 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2015, 04:04:12 PM by SolidStateSurvivor

I always check in and contribute, you know that. Wink I'm game for trying to do something, I've been involved in getting other coins onto exchanges in the past so, nothing new there.

Let's see if anyone else buzzes in, I have HashMeisters Inc behind me to help out. Tongue

We could get it listed on the open market section at https://alcurex.org/index.php/crypto/index also. Just an idea.

Luposian

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 08:34:39 PM

Growthcoin, like many others, is only as useful as it's market.  There is no exchange, so it has no value.  It has no eco-system, so it has no value.  Why trade a coin for which there is no market nor exchange?  Who wants it?  What is it's value?  Who sets the value?  Why have it?  For the name?

On the other hand, it has PoS working for it.  This is it's one redeeming value in my eyes.  Problem is, having more of a dead coin, doesn't make it alive... it makes it MORE dead, because rarity isn't even in it's favor.  If I have 10 dead coin, at least it's rare (even if it's useless).  If I have 1,000,000,000 dead coin... not only is it dead... there's so much of it, who cares?  See?

I propose, if anyone is interested, in taking the code and "reformulating it", so that it is no longer called Growthcoin, nor does it function really like any other coin.  Plus, a very specific market/community/eco-system is created, which now gives this "reformulated" coin new purpose and value, because there is something very specific you can BUY and SELL with this new coin.  If anyone on the outside wants to speculate on it's future value, that's their choice, but it will not affect it's trade value, because we set that value at the beginning and maintain that this new coin is primarily used/purposed for exchange of a very specific product.

Provided there are enough people interested in doing this...

unick (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:21:29 PM

Growthcoin, like many others, is only as useful as it's market.  There is no exchange, so it has no value.  It has no eco-system, so it has no value.  Why trade a coin for which there is no market nor exchange?  Who wants it?  What is it's value?  Who sets the value?  Why have it?  For the name?

On the other hand, it has PoS working for it.  This is it's one redeeming value in my eyes.  Problem is, having more of a dead coin, doesn't make it alive... it makes it MORE dead, because rarity isn't even in it's favor.  If I have 10 dead coin, at least it's rare (even if it's useless).  If I have 1,000,000,000 dead coin... not only is it dead... there's so much of it, who cares?  See?

I propose, if anyone is interested, in taking the code and "reformulating it", so that it is no longer called Growthcoin, nor does it function really like any other coin.  Plus, a very specific market/community/eco-system is created, which now gives this "reformulated" coin new purpose and value, because there is something very specific you can BUY and SELL with this new coin.  If anyone on the outside wants to speculate on it's future value, that's their choice, but it will not affect it's trade value, because we set that value at the beginning and maintain that this new coin is primarily used/purposed for exchange of a very specific product.

Provided there are enough people interested in doing this...

I agree with what you are saying... I think our "biggest" issue is having a team of people helping promote the coin. There are still a few things that need to be improved in the code.  After those things are done, I think we can open up the discussion for rebranding the coin... but my opinion is that it's not necessary.

on the to-do list
  • Fix/Update the wallet
  • Find exchange (3+)
  • Find Merchant/Market/Community/Ecosystem. In other words a real life use for this coin.  I do have some ideas that I will discuss once we have formed a group of people that will be responsible for the development/promotion of this coin

unick (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:29:52 PM

I always check in and contribute, you know that. Wink I'm game for trying to do something, I've been involved in getting other coins onto exchanges in the past so, nothing new there.

Let's see if anyone else buzzes in, I have HashMeisters Inc behind me to help out. Tongue

I know you do  Grin

We could get it listed on the open market section at https://alcurex.org/index.php/crypto/index also. Just an idea.

That's an idea, can you try to make that happen and report back here?

noise23
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:40:57 PM

I think there is no need for rebranding. GrowthCoin is here for the long time, it has a history and name change would not help at all.
Luposian

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 08:39:05 PM

Without a specific market, no cryptocurrency will survive.  Look at what's even happening to Bitcoin.  It soared to over $1,000 ea.  Now look where it is... it can't even get out of the 200's these days.  Litecoin is around $1.50 ea.  Dogecoin (To the moon?  Um... not so much...).  Name one coin that is trucking along solid and strong, based on things you can buy with it, not just speculation on it's Bitcoin value.

I want a coin I can USE to buy something I can enjoy.  Food and drink!  Not based on how many I need to equal a given USD value of something, but a coin I can use on it's OWN value.  I want to be able to spend 50-100 (whatevercoin) to buy food and drink.  Coffee.  Tea.  Produce.  I want to pay nothing but (whatevercoin) for the item and shipping.  Wouldn't it be nice to be able to pay 500 (whatevercoin) to buy a pound of coffee, incl. shipping? 

But you know what stops that from happening?  The other end of the stick.  The seller.  If the seller has no interest in buying something else with (whatevercoin), then they have no desire to accept (whatevercoin), because they can't/won't use it.

We could EASILY whip up a very close-knit group of buyers and sellers, if we can decide to ONLY use (whatevercoin) to trade things WE grow/make amongst each other (the community/eco-system).  The seller pays the shipping, in exchange for extra (whatevercoin), because they can turn around and use it for something they want, that someone else has.

There is a coin I'm interested in.  It's completely dead.  Site's gone.  Facebook page is non-responsive.  Can't get the wallet (except source code).  I'd like to see it revived, but also altered, so that it's PoS, instead of PoW.  I have a very specific game plan in mind, all written up.  But, finding people interested/able to work with me, is the problem.  If only I knew how to program... :-(

We need a coin with a very specific name and purpose and ONLY use that coin for all trade.  It is my belief that would make it successful it the eyes of anyone and everyone, exchanges included.  I'm thinking, if we start with a coin that is already PoS, it makes our job that much easier...
SteinGalen

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:11:45 PM

PoS is better than PoW, for sure. The team behind Rimbit figured that out a long time ago. Instead of trying to wake to life your dead coin, you could put your energy to work for Rimbit, an already fully working crypto currency.
noise23
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:06:16 PM

PoS is better than PoW, for sure. The team behind Rimbit figured that out a long time ago. Instead of trying to wake to life your dead coin, you could put your energy to work for Rimbit, an already fully working crypto currency.
Could you please go spam your rimbit somewhere else?
Growthcoin is not dead, dev is here and working on getting on exchange.
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:12:10 AM

I would love to add something.

I would love to see some initiatives on behalf of the community.

I would like to form a group of people who want to share ideas, develop a plan and help in the realization of that plan.

If you believe that you are fit for the challenge. Please contact me in private so we can discuss further.

and so it's clear. I come in here as much as I can, I don't want the success/failure of GRW to depend on me only.  If I have less time to put into the community, the development (promotion and other) should not be stalled.
so I guess this is the main reason why I would love to see the formation of a group of talented people. So the development of this coin can carry on and grow!

It is good that the developer has not abandoned the coin, and still continues to support the coin. I would advise to organize the bounties for a different kind of community activities. For example, for the logo, site updates, translations into other languages, for the vote on the exchanges, retweets, FB likes, etc. Some good effect will be from translations, as this will increase the number of members of the community.

It will not cost a lot of money, and generate good PR effect. Also, it will revive this topic, which is also important.
Calculator

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:01:20 AM

Attempting to add GRW to the Alcurex exchange open market, hopefully we will get an update soon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: