Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [RE-ANN] GrowthCoin PoW/PoS - 100% per year - Version 1.3.0.1  (Read 66156 times)
yeahitsme

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

Growthcoin Developer and Crypto Geek Since 2009

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:09:23 PM

POW mining is still currently active I just mined my first POW block! so this is still a hybrid coin going to look into changing the rewards scheme for POW & POS soon sorry its taking a long time guys but finding things in this code is kind of throwing me curve balls

Has the transaction actually been added to your list? As far as I can tell - at least when I wrote the message last year - the reward is so low that it's now considered dust.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641241.msg15651330#msg15651330

edit: oh wait, are you mining on a testnet or new version of the client you're developing?

Atm I'm on live wallet I noticed that someones been mining now as far as I can tell I'm thinking its based off the transaction tax coming back to whomever has their wallet set to generate however these are my working theorys at this point I'm still trying to figure this fishy stuff out here are my first 2  POW Details I have since gotten 3 more POW Payouts if you have any idea exactly how this is working atm get at me this solo deving is tiring lol

EDIT* Currently the POW GRW Network is at 2.9mhs I know I personally am contributing aprx 1.6 of that also after pulling out the faithful calculator it is indeed adding blocks and going into my available funds after conformation

Date: 10/13/2017 12:07
Source: Generated
Credit: 0.138916 GRW
Net amount: +0.138916 GRW
Transaction ID: 4188aff03042727a77260445b24e59b93ec3672fee97451978cdefe257949407

Generated coins must mature 50 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.

Date: 10/13/2017 13:15
Source: Generated
Credit: 0.124414 GRW
Net amount: +0.124414 GRW
Transaction ID: ad919dd0f6f89c09a0c43bf2df777b528f64c3fa9349821d9e5f7390262cebf6

Generated coins must mature 50 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.

So yes almightyruler it is currently still POW mining However it does seem that most blocks found are dust blocks after letting it work this long going back through the debug log I do see a lot of transactions that weren't large enough to be added to the wallet as a transaction

Growthco.in    Staking since 2013

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:12:12 PM

If reward amounts are random and/or there's transaction fees then that may be enough to push it up past the 0.1 minimum dust limit.

I just tried and I'm getting a much smaller amount, which is clearly rejected:

Code:
10/13/17 23:11:13 generated 0.024414
10/13/17 23:11:13 ERROR: CTransaction::CheckTransaction() : txout.nValue below minimum
10/13/17 23:11:13 ERROR: CheckBlock() : CheckTransaction failed
10/13/17 23:11:13 ERROR: ProcessBlock() : CheckBlock FAILED
10/13/17 23:11:13 ERROR: CheckWork : ProcessBlock, block not accepted
yeahitsme

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:25:03 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2017, 12:39:51 AM by yeahitsme

Been getting those too if you just let it go for awhile you will eventually find one you can keep the only reason I even found this was trying to find out if pow was still active led me to trying a bunch of different ways to solo mine ect.

Edit* People apparently read my posts as the POW hashrate is now over 4MH/s nice to see other people in the community caring to designate some hashes to the block conf times

yeahitsme

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:55:28 AM

If Everyone could take a quick 2 mins and take this survey so I have more of an idea what the community wants as far as features and updates that would be awesome thank you guys GRW most helpful community even if its small

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/W6KK5H2

kl0ndike

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:28:03 AM

I love the survey, great idea. 

yeahitsme

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:33:01 PM

I love the survey, great idea. 

Thank you it doesn't matter what I think the community should have a voice that's whats important

paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 05:46:50 PM

Did the survey, thanks for setting it up.

Does anyone have an idea about having many small stakes verses sending them to oneself?  I was staking great until a week ago when I sent a bunch of the small blocks to myself.  I haven't had a stake in a week because coins haven't matured yet.   I thought having all these small blocks was one reason why my old installation may have crashed.  But I see it as a possible godsend because I was staking on my laptop with two sometimes three other wallets and there is a lot of resources needed for this wallet.

*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:24:09 AM

Answered the survey, thanks for setting it up.
yeahitsme

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:12:12 PM

Answered the survey, thanks for setting it up.

Your welcome thank you for participating gonna leave the survey up for another few day see if any other grw community members want to weigh in so far the low inflation has a majority yes the POW rewards is almost split between yes and undecided as a little update for you all

yeahitsme

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:47:07 PM

I also am gonna give you guys a little insight about the pow and pos and why I came up with these ideas

POW - To put it simply conformation times due to the nature of pos and people not needing to have their wallet online to stake conformation times suck like almost 2 hours to get 200 confs to be able to get grw to trade miners can help fix this the more transactions that can be processed the faster everyones conformation times will be

The growing reward capped at 30 yes it seems high but almost all other pow/pos coins have the reward half so far that people stop mining it because its not profitable which leads to decline in prices and usage example sprouts, vector, hyperstake ect. a growing halving should slowely gain traction with miners and make it worth while for them to put hashing power towards GRW

POS -  The current problem is that there are more coins generated than there are people to buy them also with such a high inflation the value of grw will continue to hang where it is or allow for massive selloffs and pump and dumps to happen as a community we should want adoption creating something that can be so easily manipulated by the large stake holders against the people trying to get into the coin will most definitely kill the adoption of GRW Crypto is built on trust and having a high stake rate is inherently untrustworthy

Please feel free to weigh in on the subjects or propose something that maybe i haven't thought of also I will maintain transparency with the community throughout the development if you would like to donate to the development you can send here appreciated not required

BTC - 16Dx8FaSLpowQReM9AygP3ufB4ZCBL91Rd

GRW - GYK7bLqZAAjtqcvmxf9stvDydQ8K4cwKTU

ETH - 0xb5b328384bedcbcf291d5b01213079545cf3a302

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 05:50:42 PM

I am not really sure exactly what you're saying.  I appreciate the work but I hope we can get more people to chime in about this who might understand more about staking and how these changes will reflect on the current GrowthCoin which I've come to really like.

I didn't get much feedback on the weird situation that I experienced.  The coins have matured again and it's the same kind of staking of many stake rewards coming in at .4, .2, etc.  I tried to combine many stakes in a few payments to myself, and then I didn't get a stake for a week, and now the same kind of small stakes.  It's actually very cool to have a staking wallet that seems to be constantly showing rewards coming in, even if they are pretty small.

We really need more people who can explain things at simpler levels because I have a C++ background and don't have a lot of time to study this stuff but a lot of it is still unclear.  

yeahitsme

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:09:39 PM

I am not really sure exactly what you're saying.  I appreciate the work but I hope we can get more people to chime in about this who might understand more about staking and how these changes will reflect on the current GrowthCoin which I've come to really like.

I didn't get much feedback on the weird situation that I experienced.  The coins have matured again and it's the same kind of staking of many stake rewards coming in at .4, .2, etc.  I tried to combine many stakes in a few payments to myself, and then I didn't get a stake for a week, and now the same kind of small stakes.  It's actually very cool to have a staking wallet that seems to be constantly showing rewards coming in, even if they are pretty small.

We really need more people who can explain things at simpler levels because I have a C++ background and don't have a lot of time to study this stuff but a lot of it is still unclear.  
when you sent the staking funds to your wallet was it in one big transaction example 10000 grw or did you send it in small increments example 100,500,1000,100,50 ect.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 07:17:28 PM

when you sent the staking funds to your wallet was it in one big transaction example 10000 grw or did you send it in small increments example 100,500,1000,100,50 ect.

I sent it in about five blocks of about 300 or so, so combining many .2, .5 together. 

junbatz

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:22:43 PM

this great idea.. Goodluck
paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 07:35:53 PM

I also am gonna give you guys a little insight about the pow and pos and why I came up with these ideas

POW - To put it simply conformation times due to the nature of pos and people not needing to have their wallet online to stake conformation times suck like almost 2 hours to get 200 confs to be able to get grw to trade miners can help fix this the more transactions that can be processed the faster everyones conformation times will be

The growing reward capped at 30 yes it seems high but almost all other pow/pos coins have the reward half so far that people stop mining it because its not profitable which leads to decline in prices and usage example sprouts, vector, hyperstake ect. a growing halving should slowely gain traction with miners and make it worth while for them to put hashing power towards GRW

POS -  The current problem is that there are more coins generated than there are people to buy them also with such a high inflation the value of grw will continue to hang where it is or allow for massive selloffs and pump and dumps to happen as a community we should want adoption creating something that can be so easily manipulated by the large stake holders against the people trying to get into the coin will most definitely kill the adoption of GRW Crypto is built on trust and having a high stake rate is inherently untrustworthy

Please feel free to weigh in on the subjects or propose something that maybe i haven't thought of also I will maintain transparency with the community throughout the development if you would like to donate to the development you can send here appreciated not required

Ok, I can pretty much understand everything you've said. 

I mine too and so always try to communicate with people about good things.  I never tried to mine Growthcoin before.

About POS, the problem seems to be people coming in with a lot of money, buying a lot of coins, and then crashing the market.   The situation that I see is that cryptocurrency is still a small phenomena and within that small thing there is something called POS Wallets which only a small fraction of that small fraction know how to use.  If more people understood how easy it is to use them, back them up, restore them after they crash, etc. then more people will buy the coin.  That is the angle I am trying to work from.   

So, if suddenly POS Wallets are seen as a cheap way to mine BTC in a roundabout way, what will happen if Growthcoin isn't distinguishable anymore by a higher POS return?   100% a year shouldn't be too much.   That goes with the market trading, it's easy to make 100% a year trading crypto, and BTC has been much higher than that.

yeahitsme

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:36:23 PM

POS -  The current problem is that there are more coins generated than there are people to buy them also with such a high inflation the value of grw will continue to hang where it is or allow for massive selloffs and pump and dumps to happen as a community we should want adoption creating something that can be so easily manipulated by the large stake holders against the people trying to get into the coin will most definitely kill the adoption of GRW Crypto is built on trust and having a high stake rate is inherently untrustworthy

I mine too and so always try to communicate with people about good things.  I never tried to mine Growthcoin before.

About POS, the problem seems to be people coming in with a lot of money, buying a lot of coins, and then crashing the market.   The situation that I see is that cryptocurrency is still a small phenomena and within that small thing there is something called POS Wallets which only a small fraction of that small fraction know how to use.  If more people understood how easy it is to use them, back them up, restore them after they crash, etc. then more people will buy the coin.  That is the angle I am trying to work from.  

So, if suddenly POS Wallets are seen as a cheap way to mine BTC in a roundabout way, what will happen if Growthcoin isn't distinguishable anymore by a higher POS return?   100% a year shouldn't be too much.   That goes with the market trading, it's easy to make 100% a year trading crypto, and BTC has been much higher than that.

Yes Exactly and i mean these whales do that to all coins at some point however once they crash the price they usually dont jump back into it to run the prices back up or people get scared to invest because its happened repeatedly thats what a lower interest rate is aiming to fix by having people actually have to buy into the existing supply to raise price and spread the coins around rather than a whale owning 75 percent of the stake and dumping the stakes on the market think of it like this if a person owns 1m coins then in 365 days they will make another 1 million coins thats a huge amount that will get dumped onto the markets in a whale scenario while it doesn't seem like a lot when your talking someone who owns 50k and actually the price gains on the market with a lesser interest rate everyone should make more off their stakes than if 3 people dumped 20million coins on the market every 6 months its a nasty circle of the market struggle to recoup the drop to just plummet again

This is a general happening on smaller cryptocurrencys btc and eth have enough people to quickly jump back up and down and be fine

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 04:46:47 PM

POS -  The current problem is that there are more coins generated than there are people to buy them also with such a high inflation the value of grw will continue to hang where it is or allow for massive selloffs and pump and dumps to happen as a community we should want adoption creating something that can be so easily manipulated by the large stake holders against the people trying to get into the coin will most definitely kill the adoption of GRW Crypto is built on trust and having a high stake rate is inherently untrustworthy

I mine too and so always try to communicate with people about good things.  I never tried to mine Growthcoin before.

About POS, the problem seems to be people coming in with a lot of money, buying a lot of coins, and then crashing the market.   The situation that I see is that cryptocurrency is still a small phenomena and within that small thing there is something called POS Wallets which only a small fraction of that small fraction know how to use.  If more people understood how easy it is to use them, back them up, restore them after they crash, etc. then more people will buy the coin.  That is the angle I am trying to work from.  

So, if suddenly POS Wallets are seen as a cheap way to mine BTC in a roundabout way, what will happen if Growthcoin isn't distinguishable anymore by a higher POS return?   100% a year shouldn't be too much.   That goes with the market trading, it's easy to make 100% a year trading crypto, and BTC has been much higher than that.

Yes Exactly and i mean these whales do that to all coins at some point however once they crash the price they usually dont jump back into it to run the prices back up or people get scared to invest because its happened repeatedly thats what a lower interest rate is aiming to fix by having people actually have to buy into the existing supply to raise price and spread the coins around rather than a whale owning 75 percent of the stake and dumping the stakes on the market think of it like this if a person owns 1m coins then in 365 days they will make another 1 million coins thats a huge amount that will get dumped onto the markets in a whale scenario while it doesn't seem like a lot when your talking someone who owns 50k and actually the price gains on the market with a lesser interest rate everyone should make more off their stakes than if 3 people dumped 20million coins on the market every 6 months its a nasty circle of the market struggle to recoup the drop to just plummet again

This is a general happening on smaller cryptocurrencys btc and eth have enough people to quickly jump back up and down and be fine

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to dampen the progress of your work.  I don't mind if you go through with making these radical changes,
the only thing is that are you sure you can bring this to completion?  We should try to get some others who may have launched POS coins successfully to help.

yeahitsme

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:30:43 PM

That's why I'm starting with the easier changes first getting pow rewards going again and pos reward reduction if I could find help I would take it in a heart beat but it is what it is the only thing I am not entirely sure of that I'm trying to figure out is whether these changes can be completed to the main chain or whether it will require a hard fork to the chain like what just happened with BCT and BCH

paramind22

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 05:41:14 PM

Personally, it seems OK as it is right now.  I like to ride coin prices in 12 to 30 Sat cycles, seems like what this coin is doing.   If there were more of a team of experienced coders, I would also be behind you and the changes.  I have too many responsibilities right now and no experience in doing this kind of work, but interested in continuing to learn.

almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:55:24 PM

That's why I'm starting with the easier changes first getting pow rewards going again and pos reward reduction if I could find help I would take it in a heart beat but it is what it is the only thing I am not entirely sure of that I'm trying to figure out is whether these changes can be completed to the main chain or whether it will require a hard fork to the chain like what just happened with BCT and BCH

Changing rewards requires a hard fork. Every node has to agree on the reward for a given block, so if someone starts putting out blocks with an unexpected reward, the 'old' clients will ban them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: