Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:28:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [RE-ANN] GrowthCoin PoW/PoS - 100% per year - Version 1.3.0.1  (Read 66155 times)
StakeHunter

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:36:25 AM

I believe my wallet is dying due to dust...I try to click on anything - "send/settings/transactions" with it and it always goes to "not responding".
Is there anything I can do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:47:24 AM

Regarding this PoW thing: the only reason why we could need a new algorithm is if it adds more value than it hinders people.The only value I can think of is less energy and fairness of distribution (less of an advantage to ASIC or even GPU).

It is true that they can attract more people and they use less energy.

However as I manage to run even a X11 pool, I see that people pomp up their GPU for X11 mine, so it consumes energy as for a Scrypt, but it has more high hashrate that was required for a task.
With this, difficulty soon goes up and so mining for X11 require you use as the same energy used for Scrypt to get the same amount of coins.
Yes, I was having the same idea. That enrgy saving got evened out anyway. A variant of the rebound effect or the Jevons paradox.

It probably is true for Groestl and other, so essentially voiding the whole energy argument. So the only thing to be left in consideration is: does the algorithm help minimize the advantage of ASIC over GPU over CPU? CPU to GPU, scypt is manyX, X11 is 6X, Groestl I don't know and CryptoNight may be the best of all, but the GPUminers on CryptoNight are too young to draw any conclusion.

So, PoW change is still not a priority in my book.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
scryptographer

Activity: 143

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:48:37 AM

I believe my wallet is dying due to dust...I try to click on anything - "send/settings/transactions" with it and it always goes to "not responding".
Start the wallet with "-reservebalance 999999" which stops it from staking. Combine your (smaller) blocks via coin control, and then from console do "reservebalance 0"

ice00

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:28:57 PM

Finally the index in pool is recreated.
This night I will have the fresh wallet on it, so stratum can be activate again.  Wink

NXT: 1408301140704352478
EMC: Ec2TpuRxcYr4WHMp12vZYck5ch3ymzskbZ
burtnaked

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:03:46 PM

Finally the index in pool is recreated.
This night I will have the fresh wallet on it, so stratum can be activate again.  Wink
right on ice00

thanks for staying on top of this
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:37:51 PM

Here is a linux binary: http://david.latapie.name/static/cryptos/GRW/GrowthCoin-Qt
Please check if it works on your platform.

And here's the oneliner for compilation and creating a shortcut on the desktop, provided you have all the required dependacies:
Code:
git clone git://github.com/iamunick/growthcoin && cd growthcoin && qmake-qt4 growthcoin-qt.pro && make && ln -s ~/cryptos/growthcoin/GrowthCoin-Qt ~/Desktop/GRW

unick, feel free to upload a copy on your server and to add the oneline on the OP
If any of you thinks this deserves some GRW, donations are much appreciated:
Code:
GSCx33jfd1zc9M2bAFTCBjWz8PYnSdWzTK

Thanks for the one liner David, it is going to be helpful. I am considering throwing up a new vps for growthcoin. I wonder if I could successfully run two daemons on one VPS with about 1gb of ram.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:39:23 PM

Here is a linux binary: http://david.latapie.name/static/cryptos/GRW/GrowthCoin-Qt

And here's the oneliner for compilation and creating a shortcut on the desktop, provided you have all the required dependacies:
Code:
git clone git://github.com/iamunick/growthcoin && cd growthcoin && qmake-qt4 growthcoin-qt.pro && make && ln -s ~/cryptos/growthcoin/GrowthCoin-Qt ~/Desktop/GRW

unick, feel free to upload a copy on your server and to add the oneline on the OP
Code:

Thanks for the one liner David, it is going to be helpful. I am considering throwing up a new vps for growthcoin. I wonder if I could successfully run two daemons on one VPS with about 1gb of ram.
You mine GRW with CPU? Could you test my one liner, please? You know, different configs, different results... Thanks.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:52:27 PM

Code:

Code:

You mine GRW with CPU? Could you test my one liner, please? You know, different configs, different results... Thanks.

I only CPU mine via PoS, no CPU mining via PoW.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:06:55 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 03:22:40 PM by David Latapie

You mine GRW with CPU? Could you test my one liner, please? You know, different configs, different results... Thanks.[/quote]I only CPU mine via PoS, no CPU mining via PoW.[/quote]Alright, this makes sense. I basically have my computer open all the time (my CPU mines monero via PoW), so I may as well leave it open.

How do you calculate if it is profitable? I doubt compounded interest are worth the renting. Or you must have a really massive amount of coins...

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:25:15 PM

I only CPU mine via PoS, no CPU mining via PoW.
Alright, this makes sense. I basically have my computer open all the time (my CPU mines monero via PoW), so I may as well leave it open.

How do you calculate if it is profitable? I doubt compounded interest are worth the renting. Or you must have a really massive amount of coins...

I don't know I was just going to get a $10 a month VPS from digitalocean running a few daemons on it hopefully. Right now I have a free amazon micro vps that I have running HBN full time.  I am really just trying to mess around with digitalocean and see if I like them enough to use them for future coin daemon hosting/seed node.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:26:56 PM

Note to Unick, I just built GRW with Qt 5.2.1 and for windows. It looks great, really nice to have the debug window up front. Only error I got while compiling is that there was no .ico only the mac .icns, after getting a .ico in there it went smooth.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:30:23 PM

Now that's why I call a wall.

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:35:04 PM

Now that's why I call a wall.

I filled in the spread last night before I went to sleep hoping that I would wake up having a few thousand more GRW... nope, no GRW dumpers at all.

StakeHunter

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:22:12 PM

Start the wallet with "-reservebalance 999999" which stops it from staking. Combine your (smaller) blocks via coin control, and then from console do "reservebalance 0"

Forgot about this...
I have Win 8. And when I start the exe from the command prompt with reserve balance it doesn't appear to help/do anything...
ice00

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:51:27 PM

with 1GB or RAM you can run up to 5 daemon (providing 1GB of swap in case of big load). With 4 you go without problem. Maybe it is the processors uses that can be high.

ice00

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:58:57 PM

Code:

Code:

Did not run in Fedora 18 (segmentation error)

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:06:24 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 05:19:04 PM by presstab

Code:

Code:

For my new vps I setup, I don't build Qt, I only build the daemon.  So it would be:
Code:
cd growthcoin/src && make -f makefile.unix

Edit:  Does anyone know why I run ./growthcoind it just sits there and doesn't do anything.  Just sits there with a blank line on the prompt.  Maybe I am being impatient??

StakeHunter

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:26:23 PM

Code:

Code:

For my new vps I setup, I don't build Qt, I only build the daemon.  So it would be:
Code:

Edit:  Does anyone know why I run ./growthcoind it just sits there and doesn't do anything.  Just sits there with a blank line on the prompt.  Maybe I am being impatient??
From my experience with growthcoin, it is a matter of patience. The daemon takes a long time to load just like the qt gui. So the blank prompt is it loading. You can press enter and make other commands without interrupting the process however.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:46:08 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 06:42:46 PM by presstab

Code:

Code:

Code:

Edit:  Does anyone know why I run ./growthcoind it just sits there and doesn't do anything.  Just sits there with a blank line on the prompt.  Maybe I am being impatient??
From my experience with growthcoin, it is a matter of patience. The daemon takes a long time to load just like the qt gui. So the blank prompt is it loading. You can press enter and make other commands without interrupting the process however.

Hmm when I enter any other command it just pushes to the next blank line and doesn't respond with anything.

EDIT: figured out my problem, just needed to have my command "./growthcoind &" so that it will allow me to continue to use other commands while it runs

unick (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:37:36 PM

Code:

Code:

Code:

Edit:  Does anyone know why I run ./growthcoind it just sits there and doesn't do anything.  Just sits there with a blank line on the prompt.  Maybe I am being impatient??

Hmm when I enter any other command it just pushes to the next blank line and doesn't respond with anything.

lol, you are going to wait like that for ever Smiley

you need to start the headless client with either the -daemon=1 switch or put daemon=1 on a line in your GrowthCoin.conf file

then you will be able to do something else while the client is running in the background

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: