Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:45:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625084 times)
g8tguy

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:07:28 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2017, 08:38:16 AM by g8tguy

Does anyone know what happened to the hash rate? It went from 4Mh/s down to 2.75Mh/s. Why the sudden drop?

The coin is abandoned by the dev,

Really? I find that hard to believe. Did Smooth leave the project?

No, this g8tguy user has just been repeatedly spouting bullshit for the last week or two.

this-^
g8tguy is nonstop fudding here....i slowly wonder why he even spends time here if he doesnt believe in this project.

Smooth didnt go anywhere. When do people understand, that programming takes time. if you want flashy fake news to keep you entertained on the cost of your money, then go to a shitcoin.

real coins / technology does not spit news every second, they need time to develop.

As a matter of fact I do believe in the project I supported the price around 17-20K on hitbit for almost 2 weeks and gathered around 7K of coins, and also supported the pool with 0.5MH, but let's face the facts, is it so hard to the developer to write a few words on the forum to calm people? it was two weeks since Smooth last message.
Now, I moved the hash power elsewhere a couple of days ago, and I'll do a small price pump to dump all of my coins in a couple of days. because no respectful and responsible dev should afford to himself such level of ignorance, even if this coin is his pet project or some sort of test net for XMR

You all behave like a religious fanatics, denying facts and ignoring logic.

This is my last message on this thread.

So you can continue to live in a dream, hoping that one day AEON will regain its former glory, but even if bitrex brings the wallet online the price won't go back the opposite, 60-80 thousand coins from hitbit will instantly go to bitrex, crushing the price there, and as the trust is ruined, the best price we could hope to for 3-4 months is around 12-15K. and this is the best case scenario...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stoffu

Activity: 203
Merit: 166

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 08:23:35 AM

As a matter of fact I do believe in the project I supported the price around 17-20K on hitbit for almost 2 weeks and gathered around 7K of coins, and also supported the pool with 0.5MH

Trying to influence the coin's price by buying and hoarding isn't helping the project much. And are you really mining AEON? The entire network hashrate is only around 2.7MH/s as of now and you're claiming about 20% of it, which is hard to believe.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:39:30 PM

Does anyone know what happened to the hash rate? It went from 4Mh/s down to 2.75Mh/s. Why the sudden drop?

The coin is abandoned by the dev, the price went down

Please stop the FUD. I have not abandoned anything. I've continued to comment here, reddit, and IRC.

I'm working on finishing up the rebase. The existing code base is fragile, unstable under certain conditions, not used by any other coins any more and needs to be dropped. (I suggested to the exchanges (the ones that I know about) that they disable their wallets until the update is ready because of the observed instability of the network. My recommendation will remain the same until the new release is ready because network instability could lead to major financial losses. These are experimental and complicated systems. Do not expect everything to work perfectly all the time.)

Price will do what it does. Miners will decide whether or not to mine this coin. None of that has any impact on the work being done to improve the coin by deploying a better platform for future development. Yes, there are still plans for future development and the idea is to do something that actually adds value to the cryptocurrency ecosystem and not just another clone.

However you feel about the pace or direction of development, FUD and incorrect statements are not helpful, and paying attention to FUDsters is a good way to get screwed in crypto (not specific to AEON).

BTW, here is where I posted on reddit 3 days ago. If you have the slightest idea how to reddit this would not be hard to find:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/6kqlzx/what_is_causing_the_sudden_lack_of_confidence_in/djpuxrt/?context=3
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:32:27 PM

***Don't worry about the trolls and smurfs Smooth, Crypto  success requires patience and I think that most of us mining AEON understand that redoing significant portions of code takes time and is worth the wait.
Arux

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:46:21 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 06:57:14 AM by Arux

Hello,

Here is modified version of my monero-stratum for Aeon: https://github.com/sammy007/monero-stratum/tree/aeon

PS: I didn't perform full test on testnet and obviously I have no hashrate to test it on mainnet, so please if you are tech savvy do it and let me know if blocks are accepted correctly. I am 99.99% sure it's ok, because it's a port of already well-tested monero-stratum.

Good luck.

i can't test on mainnet too but i tried on a private network (i disabled checkpoint and launched a 0.9.12 daemon from scratch to mine at low diff) and unfortunatelly my shares were rejected (miner is ok, shares are accepted on pool on mainnet)

the first blocks (#19) were mined via daemon. then i tried to mine the #20 with miner+proxy but the daemon complains.
just a feedback, i perhaps did something wrong.

[edit] all is working good, see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641696.msg19987558#msg19987558

thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I AM

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:44:11 PM

Ahhhhh FUD and big price spikes.

Good time to buy again. 

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:03:26 AM

the first blocks (#19) were mined via daemon. then i tried to mine the #20 with miner+proxy but the daemon complains.

Because there is cryptonight algo before particular height. You need to change 1 to 0 here https://github.com/sammy007/monero-stratum/blob/aeon/hashing/src/hashing.c#L4 and run make again. Or modify aeond to enforce light algo since block 1.
Arux

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:55:30 AM

Because there is cryptonight algo before particular height. You need to change 1 to 0 here https://github.com/sammy007/monero-stratum/blob/aeon/hashing/src/hashing.c#L4 and run make again. Or modify aeond to enforce light algo since block 1.

indeed, i forgot to modify daemon to accept light algo from the first blocks.
so in daemon, i moved hardfork height to first blocks and all is ok now. Cryptonight-light blocks are accepted, aeon-stratum code is untouched.

thanks you sammy007

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:00:04 AM

Please stop the FUD. I have not abandoned anything. I've continued to comment here, reddit, and IRC.

I'm working on finishing up the rebase. The existing code base is fragile, unstable under certain conditions, not used by any other coins any more and needs to be dropped. (I suggested to the exchanges (the ones that I know about) that they disable their wallets until the update is ready because of the observed instability of the network. My recommendation will remain the same until the new release is ready because network instability could lead to major financial losses. These are experimental and complicated systems. Do not expect everything to work perfectly all the time.)

Price will do what it does. Miners will decide whether or not to mine this coin. None of that has any impact on the work being done to improve the coin by deploying a better platform for future development. Yes, there are still plans for future development and the idea is to do something that actually adds value to the cryptocurrency ecosystem and not just another clone.

However you feel about the pace or direction of development, FUD and incorrect statements are not helpful, and paying attention to FUDsters is a good way to get screwed in crypto (not specific to AEON).

BTW, here is where I posted on reddit 3 days ago. If you have the slightest idea how to reddit this would not be hard to find:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/6kqlzx/what_is_causing_the_sudden_lack_of_confidence_in/djpuxrt/?context=3

Thank you for updating us.

Where do you think Aeon's development might be in the middle of 2018? Will it be ready enough to make us confident to use it as store of value or will it still be an experimental coin?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
g8tguy

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 11:40:26 AM

Thank you for updating us.

Where do you think Aeon's development might be in the middle of 2018? Will it be ready enough to make us confident to use it as store of value or will it still be an experimental coin?

It is already a store of value! The price will only grow in a long term - now it is very undervalued, considering current block complexity the objective price would be around 35K for a coin. The infrastructure is very well developed, now we have mobile client, and web wallet. the Cryptonote Lite also is a very mobile friendly, so the next step would be a mobile miner. It is only a matter of months until some major player like aeon.co will adopt AEON platform for inner payments and rewards. the blockchain is stable and fast, the coin has great future ahead of it!
editfmah
Copper Member

Activity: 87
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:57:32 PM

It is already a store of value! The price will only grow in a long term - now it is very undervalued, considering current block complexity the objective price would be around 35K for a coin. The infrastructure is very well developed, now we have mobile client, and web wallet. the Cryptonote Lite also is a very mobile friendly, so the next step would be a mobile miner. It is only a matter of months until some major player like aeon.co will adopt AEON platform for inner payments and rewards. the blockchain is stable and fast, the coin has great future ahead of it!

Hang on, over the past few weeks you've said nothing but it's all dead, the aeon world is on fire and it's all falling down around us.  And now an about turn to what can only be described as ass kissing levels.  So what is it g8tguy, troll?, investor looking to make some money?  Why the constant horse shit?
g8tguy

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:26:27 PM

Hang on, over the past few weeks you've said nothing but it's all dead, the aeon world is on fire and it's all falling down around us.  And now an about turn to what can only be described as ass kissing levels.  So what is it g8tguy, troll?, investor looking to make some money?  Why the constant horse shit?

you can think whatever you want, but this doesn't change the fact that now we have an official statement from the Developer, iOS wallet, web wallet coming and a road map for the future! This changes everything. My earlier posts are 100% relevant to the situation before we knew what is going with markets and code fixes. So, if you want to invest Aeon is a sure thing!
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:32:48 PM

There is room also for bi-polar's  Smiley

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
editfmah
Copper Member

Activity: 87
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:47:22 PM

you can think whatever you want, but this doesn't change the fact that now we have an official statement from the Developer, iOS wallet, web wallet coming and a road map for the future! This changes everything. My earlier posts are 100% relevant to the situation before we knew what is going with markets and code fixes. So, if you want to invest Aeon is a sure thing!

Yes, most kew what the situation was.  But it was 100% inaccurate information. "Developer has abandoned the coin", "you'd best sell every one you own because they are going to be worthless".

And sadly, at first I believed these statements (mainly as I misinterpreted the sarcasm from other posters) and stupidly proceeded to sell all my Aeon, against all my judgement and being unable to find that source of information anywhere.  Then, the embarrassment of realising my mistake sets in and I buy them all back again, having now lost 10%.

Now this is no-ones fault but my own (and also partly helped by the coin flop that was INF-8, which I collected for a long time before it just died), and it has reminded me of a few valuable lessons in the short term.

Luckily, community members have actually donated about what I had lost in that stupid little venture so i'm exactly back to where I was which makes me very happy and the effort totally worth it (even if someone had only donated 1-2 aeon, the generosity is what heartens me to make the mobile wallet a success).

My point is, I might not have been the only one, and spreading what you see as your 100% correct interpretation of the situation, which was in fact 100% incorrect based on your own nervousness of the Bittrex closure was a poor show, and only goes to drag the coin down as opposed to building it up, as we all should be.
bzyzny

Activity: 274
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:19:24 PM

Yeah learning lessons in crypto world can be expensive, but you tend not to forget those lessons the next time Smiley always be sceptical of extremes in hype and fud and verify facts as best you can.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:30:49 AM

There is nothing exciting about Aeon right now but we are still in range for the longterm trend. The problem right now is the decreasing hash power, does anyone have any news or ideas why this is happening, and should we, the longterm holders, start to worry?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:03:24 AM

I think the decreasing hashpower is mostly due to the wallet being temporarily closed at Bittrex since that's where the majority of AEON was bought/sold. There also may be some miners that switched to the new Tribus algo since it's a decent CPU miner option in the early stages of DNR.  My guess is any that switched to that will be back before long since that coin likely won't be a good long term CPU option.
g8tguy

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:21:53 AM

I think the decreasing hashpower is mostly due to the wallet being temporarily closed at Bittrex since that's where the majority of AEON was bought/sold. There also may be some miners that switched to the new Tribus algo since it's a decent CPU miner option in the early stages of DNR.  My guess is any that switched to that will be back before long since that coin likely won't be a good long term CPU option.

hitbtc Wallet is offline as well, so currently there is now place to sell AEONS!
alexa10

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 03:03:39 AM

no exchange?
g8tguy

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:26:23 AM

no exchange?

Nope but you can store your coins in a wallet. maybe in year or two it will be traded on novaexchane for 500sat Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: