Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:17:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625077 times)
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:07:56 AM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:10:32 PM

The wallet is locked on bittrex, and yet working on hitbit without a problem, so hypothetically it wasn't so necessary to disable it in the first place!

Exchanges make their own decisions about what to do. If hitbtc wants to use an unstable wallet, no one can stop them.

And the Hash Rate rise is probably caused by some sort of BotNet, how did they deal with it at MONERO?

Monero has never done anything to "deal with" people who want to mine it. There is no KYC process for miners. Do you understand that?

Claiming that there is "too much" hash rate on a PoW coin is rather absurd when more hash rate is what makes the coin more secure. Don't be a cry baby if the hash rate (aka difficulty) is too high for you to mine with a high profit margin. Figure out how to mine more efficiently or go mine something else.

And someone expressed suspicion to 51% attack, is it a possibility?

It is always a "possibility" but it was also not consistent with the observed data.

Does anybody spoke with Smooth lately, is he still around?

Yes and yes.
dominguero

Activity: 426
Merit: 203

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:59:48 PM

Aeon its not a coin for speculate but have a lot of potential. When I look to a cripto, I only see the technical part, because all the other are (in the present time) smoke.

Becouse that, I like Aeon.
1101labu

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:19:28 AM

I also think Aeon has a lot potential on the long term.
Maybe it's presumptuous, but it seems to me that the majority of the members of the community is more attached to the vision behind this currency, and the achievements that will bring the future improvements, than to the daily little fluctuations and the (eventual) profits of immediate speculation.

Smart people here  Wink makes me proud to be an Aeoner, and I hope little by little a bigger Aeowner  Grin

By the way, the technical statements and direction given by Smooth were very clear, It's really useless and counterproductive to argue and ask about it everyday ! We shouldn't pay too much attention to the desperate trolling of a few FUDders, and the best answer should be to ignore them until they are tired of their own absurd behavior.
Take your time, man, actually take all the time you need... Makers make, whiners whine, it's the normal course of things.
noobwhosuckatlife

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:05:35 PM

The wallet is locked on bittrex, and yet working on hitbit without a problem, so hypothetically it wasn't so necessary to disable it in the first place!

Exchanges make their own decisions about what to do. If hitbtc wants to use an unstable wallet, no one can stop them.

And the Hash Rate rise is probably caused by some sort of BotNet, how did they deal with it at MONERO?

Monero has never done anything to "deal with" people who want to mine it. There is no KYC process for miners. Do you understand that?

Claiming that there is "too much" hash rate on a PoW coin is rather absurd when more hash rate is what makes the coin more secure. Don't be a cry baby if the hash rate (aka difficulty) is too high for you to mine with a high profit margin. Figure out how to mine more efficiently or go mine something else.

And someone expressed suspicion to 51% attack, is it a possibility?

It is always a "possibility" but it was also not consistent with the observed data.

Does anybody spoke with Smooth lately, is he still around?

Yes and yes.

Hope you can do it m8!

Good luck to you!
g8tguy

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:47:57 PM

So let's sum up all the info we have until now.

Smoot

(I suggested to the exchanges (the ones that I know about) that they disable their wallets until the update is ready because of the observed instability of the network. My recommendation will remain the same until the new release is ready because network instability could lead to major financial losses.

So the wallet is unstable, and using it may lead to major financial losses?! Doesn't' that means that any miner could be affected. We are talking about a regular shell wallet, where all the payments from the pools are coming.

I would read this like, "Stop mining and sell all your coins ASAP"

1.  51% attack, No Comment. 50/50 chance that it happened, the dev couldn't be trusted on this one.

2. BotNet - well, after the huge coin drops it became unprofitable even for botnet to savage on AEON, so they switched to SumoCoin and BitCoal

3. The current hash rate - sets the fair price around 0.00010-0.00013K

4.  The dev is in silent mode, watching how his coin is destroyed all over again.

Questions:

1. Smooth, could you tell us is it safe to use the wallet to store huge amount of coins and receive payment from the pools?

2. Smooth, could you tell us, when approximately the new code would be released?

3. Could you tell us, why you told the exchanges to lock the wallet, but didn't warn the miners that it could be dangerous to use it?

4. Smooth people trusted in AEON because of your reputation, some of us invested tens of thousand of dollars in it, I get it you don't care about the price and the market at all. but at least be honest, don't remain silent and tell us what to expect with actual info, not some vague excuses.

At least answer this question, do you think the wallet would be fixed it 1 month from now?

Are you still actively working on the project, and recommend to mine it, as you believe, there is a future to AEON?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:08:52 PM

@g8tguy

I'm not going to tell you what to do. If you think you should "Stop mining and sell all your coins ASAP" that is your choice to make.

Please read my earlier comments which have addressed most of your questions.

But frankly, I doubt you are really looking for answers; more likely you are looking to gain attention, provoke responses, and generally make a spectacle of yourself. I'm not playing.
dominguero

Activity: 426
Merit: 203

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:28:54 PM

1.  51% attack, No Comment. 50/50 chance that it happened, the dev couldn't be trusted on this one.

2. BotNet - well, after the huge coin drops it became unprofitable even for botnet to savage on AEON, so they switched to SumoCoin and BitCoal

4.  The dev is in silent mode, watching how his coin is destroyed all over again.

Questions:

1. Smooth, could you tell us is it safe to use the wallet to store huge amount of coins and receive payment from the pools?

2. Smooth, could you tell us, when approximately the new code would be released?

3. Could you tell us, why you told the exchanges to lock the wallet, but didn't warn the miners that it could be dangerous to use it?

4. Smooth people trusted in AEON because of your reputation, some of us invested tens of thousand of dollars in it, I get it you don't care about the price and the market at all. but at least be honest, don't remain silent and tell us what to expect with actual info, not some vague excuses.

At least answer this question, do you think the wallet would be fixed it 1 month from now?

Are you still actively working on the project, and recommend to mine it, as you believe, there is a future to AEON?

I know you are a Troll (our personal´s Aeon one), but this is a good opportunity to remember the philosophy of this coin.

Aeon a Light weight Monero fork, with better algorithm (criptonight lite) it's open source (if you want any improvement you are welcome) https://github.com/aeonix/aeon no premine (but if you want and invest a lot of money u could send a donation to Development Team).

This a community coin, we have much to thank to Dev. Team, donators, miners... but they haven't any obligation to anyone This coin (and all the other cripto coin)  only have potential, potential to make a great economic chance, and of course potential to stay in nothing (and lose everything). It´s all in our hands.

The 51% attack never happened in Aion is only hypothetically (like in all other POW criptos) if any want more information https://learncryptography.com/cryptocurrency/51-attack

There are a lot to make for development this coin, Trolling this post, is one, but of course not the better one.

Sorry for my poor english.
g8tguy

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:48:08 PM

Smooth, could you tell us, when approximately the new code would be released? Is it that hard to give a direct answer?LOL
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:26:18 PM

Smooth, could you tell us, when approximately the new code would be released? Is it that hard to give a direct answer?LOL

Nobody is going to bother trying to give you answers when you have spent the past several weeks ignoring every answer that you have already been given. Go troll somewhere else.
saiful hadi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:06:08 PM

Is it just a signature bounty provided what nothing else like twitter, facebook, blog, and video campaign for this very nice project thanks a lot.
kikhtr

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:25:18 AM

Nethash goes down. I want to mine with my NVIDIA rig. Can I mine with NVIDIA 1060 3GB card?

Twitter  CRESIO
Telegram           
MULTI-EXCHANGE PLATFORM           
JOIN ICO | May 1 ]    JOIN NOW            
heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:46:03 AM

Holy bloody crap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD4q3leE5Uw .

So the wallet is unstable, and using it may lead to major financial losses?! Doesn't' that means that any miner could be affected. We are talking about a regular shell wallet, where all the payments from the pools are coming.

I would read this like, "Stop mining and sell all your coins ASAP"

Use your own judgment and guestimates/hypotheses about the potential consequences of pursuing any course of action or inaction.

1.  51% attack, No Comment. 50/50 chance that it happened, the dev couldn't be trusted on this one.
What is the evidence for your speculative assertion?  If I understand your claim properiy (not a given) 51% of the miners hijacked Aeon somehow with some nefarious scheme or cabal and this coin supposedly isn't sound subsequent to this supposed event.  How does one begin to survey the total user-base of Aeon to see whether they are up to such hijinks? Please go back to your conspiracy-theory websites/memes and leave the rational people to carry on with legitimate and actually meaningful matters.

Perhaps that's the case, I've mined some Sumo myself for approximately a month now (as I appreciate some of the Cryptonote-based coins generally). However it seems that Botnets have infested Sumokoin mining lately too -- perhaps that's a function of XMR having come down in US dollar terms lately -- so this is somewhat of a [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring] .

What is your agenda and why are you bothering people who are interested in Aeon?  Circumstances and people's viewpoints can be complex. Diversification is perhaps a good idea after all. (For more depth or breadth please consider some of the work of Karl Popper such as his book  _The Open Society and Its Enemies_ or the writings of his acolyte George Soros for some justification regarding the idea that perhaps we don't have all the answers -- despite sometimes thinking this to be the case.  Robert Anton Wilson and Carl Jung are also worth a peruse.)

I've done my share of undergraduate math personally (3 semesters of calculus, vector/tensor calculus, linear optimization, number theory, differential equations, partial differential equations/boundary value problems, discrete math, complex variables) and a fair amount of engineering (Fourier and state-space systems analysis, and control systems analysis such as root locus and frequency response techniques).  I'd be very delighted to see you attempt to detail your valuation or "fair price" calculations.  Nevertheless, I happen to agree with the Austrian-school, truly /laissez-faire/ viewpoint (see Ludwig von Mises, Murray Rothbard, and [to a certain extent] Hayek and Bastiat) that valuations are entirely subjective and market prices are only stochastic summations of the perceived valuations of individuals and not something that can be apodictically-derived.  Valuations and market prices are complex phenomena that can be modeled better with more astute but still variable/inexact techniques such as Bayes Theoerem than with the Keynesian or Monetarist analysis more favored by central-bankers or statists (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statism) or investment analysts of dubious qualification or over-specialization.  

4.  The dev is in silent mode, watching how his coin is destroyed all over again.
I don't think the evidence would indicate that -- again one might ponder what the underlying motivation of your claim really is.  Even supposing that Smooth decided, on his on volition and using his right to conduct his affairs as he wills, to direct his energy elsewhere: the coin /in itself/ or in its potential has some value that you are neglecting to consider.

Some aspects of your questions or petty-tyrant-like demands below are interesting though, (although the timing in 4b is IMO rather tedious/boring and ridiculous -- I don't personally care overmuch about the particular timeframe so long as the functionaiity is there within say... three months, six months, a year or two.  I'm willing to wait for things to take the time that they might need to -- other people maybe aren't so patient.  So what?  Move on, make your own coin, whatever... it doesn't matter much to me or probably to others.).   The pusillanimous guilt-trip that you're trying to lay [in question 4 below] about people putatively investing tens of thousands of dollars forces me to cite the Latin expression "caveat emptor" (buyer beware).  As with any investment, one probably shouldn't bet more than 5% of one's net worth on any one horse and more than 10-15% on any particular sector (such as cryptocurrency or type of stock).  I personally like some physical (non-exchange traded or pooled) gold and silver bullion allocation myself as it's kryptonite to the other-people's-business-minders currently driving the world's financial system to debt-slavery or default through credit-creation and fractional-reserve banking (but to each his/her own).  Smiley  

Questions:

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
shoggot

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:51:00 PM

I invested 2 btc about 2 months ago. And I am still up since then so I just keep holding and mining. Hopefully this coin will be the next monero if things work out OK.

Get Free ONIONs https://deeponion.org/apply TOR Integrated Crypxo
elGuilleAR

Activity: 186

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 05:44:58 AM

Hello.
Is there a seed node list?. Trying to run a node but there are no seed node to connect to.

Thanks.-

SCAVO  Technologies
SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES - LIFETIME CONTRACT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread     ─────── 
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:00:05 AM

Hello.
Is there a seed node list?. Trying to run a node but there are no seed node to connect to.

Try again. One of the hard coded seed nodes was down but I restarted it.
elGuilleAR

Activity: 186

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 04:38:58 PM

Hello.

Try again. One of the hard coded seed nodes was down but I restarted it.

Just perfect!. Works preciously!
 Cheesy
Thanks.-

SCAVO  Technologies
SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO MINING FARM  BY USING RENEWABLE ENERGY RESOURCES - LIFETIME CONTRACT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Ann Thread     ─────── 
xs.over

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:48:13 AM

Nethash goes down. I want to mine with my NVIDIA rig. Can I mine with NVIDIA 1060 3GB card?
Shitty botnet is back again.
Hate these mthrfckrs
cryptonight is very botnet frienly algo
usm3000

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:11:10 AM

Hello i am new.

I have a problem because have 2000 AEON in HITBC, The market here is too slow and down.
I need send this to Bittrex, or other market
In Bittrex the wallet is in "AEON wallet offline for maintenance"
I have 1 month whait...  Huh

I send mail to Bittrex give me this answer:

We are waiting on the developer for code updates to this wallet.  This coin will not be re-enabled until the developer provides the fix.  Please contact the developer with further questions, however, be aware that they have stated they are actively working on this issue.

I cannot provide an ETA on when it will be re-enabled as this is in the hands of the developer.

How many time you need for upgrade the code in Bittrex?
Why not open the wallet again in bittrex, and when you finish the upgrade fix updates in all wallets bittex, hitbtc, and others?
Why in hitbtc the wallet aeon is open, and bittrex stay close the wallet?
Dont have other option for change the Aeon in other market please??

Thanks for all
thehihoguy

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 06:53:11 AM

Hello i am new.

I have a problem because have 2000 AEON in HITBC, The market here is too slow and down.
I need send this to Bittrex, or other market
In Bittrex the wallet is in "AEON wallet offline for maintenance"
I have 1 month whait...  Huh

I send mail to Bittrex give me this answer:

We are waiting on the developer for code updates to this wallet.  This coin will not be re-enabled until the developer provides the fix.  Please contact the developer with further questions, however, be aware that they have stated they are actively working on this issue.

I cannot provide an ETA on when it will be re-enabled as this is in the hands of the developer.

How many time you need for upgrade the code in Bittrex?
Why not open the wallet again in bittrex, and when you finish the upgrade fix updates in all wallets bittex, hitbtc, and others?
Why in hitbtc the wallet aeon is open, and bittrex stay close the wallet?
Dont have other option for change the Aeon in other market please??

Thanks for all

1. As long as it needs to have a stable rebased code
2. Because the current wallet is unstable and is not guaranteed to work properly. Bittrex put trust of a good service over profit with this action.
3. Up to each exchange to decide if they wanna take the risk. Aeon core dev recommends exchanges to lock the wallet for now till rebase is finished.
4. Only option is to exchange your aeon on bittrex to another crypto and transfer it to hitbtc to rebuy aeon.

Please do understand that with providing a service in a community such as developing aeon, pool or anything else, you kinda promise a certain support and responsibility for your service. at least in a serious coin development.

And since the aeon core dev is working on the new code, the ressources on fixing the old code has been reduced to its minimum, to maximize the progress on the new code.

As this old code has minimum ressources assigned, it can not be guaranteed to work 100% without outage. So the decision was made to recommend exchanges to lock the wallet for now.
That way aeons ressources can focus on updating the new code.

Its up to each exchange to decide if they follow the recommendation or ignore it/take responsibility to run an unstable wallet.

Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: