Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:58:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625085 times)
g8tguy

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:57:39 PM

Well, to be honest, it's time to consider that that code reorg will never happen.

the developer is just writing generic messages for more than a month, notice how he never mentioned an ETA, or if it will be fixed this year at all. 

If he knew it would take so long, wouldn't it be fair, to give people a warning to withdraw their coins, and then lock the wallet.

but he does some shady stuff behind our backs. right now, we shouldn't trust anything the dev says until we see some work on GitHub.

AEON is an open source, so all the work the dev did during the last month should be there, but there is nothing.

So don't be surprised and whiny. I gave you lots of warning more than a month ago to sell the coins when the price was still good.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thehihoguy

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 01:11:00 PM

Well, to be honest, it's time to consider that that code reorg will never happen.

the developer is just writing generic messages for more than a month, notice how he never mentioned an ETA, or if it will be fixed this year at all. 

If he knew it would take so long, wouldn't it be fair, to give people a warning to withdraw their coins, and then lock the wallet.

but he does some shady stuff behind our backs. right now, we shouldn't trust anything the dev says until we see some work on GitHub.

AEON is an open source, so all the work the dev did during the last month should be there, but there is nothing.

So don't be surprised and whiny. I gave you lots of warning more than a month ago to sell the coins when the price was still good.

Can we keep him? Cheesy
he is my daily entertainment Cheesy
g8tguy

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:23:26 PM

Can we keep him? Cheesy
he is my daily entertainment Cheesy

well than, you can give me that 20 EURO coupon you have, as a simple token of appreciation. feel free to PM it here:)
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:30:57 PM

I don't understand you're expectations here. You want to make money overnight but that's not how this works. That's never how this worked. It normally took years for a coin to make gains other than pump and dumps.. until recently that is. Now that we are in dump phase you're freaking out. Chilll... just sit on your coins Aeon will go up again.

Also this isn't an ICO where people paid the dev millions of dollars to make a product. This is a fair launch no premine coin that is truly decentralized where no one controls it. Smooth was kind enough to lend its investors his time.
thehihoguy

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 01:42:50 PM

For more entertainment check out g8tguys new reddit account^^

/u/mariozigro

@g8tguy
Really curious, why do people like you still stick around in this community if you dont believe in this coin?
Madinvestor

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:52:54 PM

Hey guys !

Have you checked SUMOKOIN ? it is a new XMR fork and it looks promising too like AEON  Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1905086.0

4 core devs and only 300k dollars marketcap, it may be a good coin to invest in to hedge your portfolio, I own both AEON and SUMO btw
Devs are planning really great things on Sumokoin roadmap, give it a look

Hope both coins will show good things in the future
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:25:28 PM

Hey guys !

Have you checked SUMOKOIN ? it is a new XMR fork and it looks promising too like AEON  Grin

4 core devs and only 300k dollars marketcap, it may be a good coin to invest in to hedge your portfolio, I own both AEON and SUMO btw

SUMO is a straight Monero clone with 10% premine. It's a piece of shit and I hope you get burned for spamming it.
Madinvestor

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:29:29 PM

You should stop acting so aggressive and look deeply into things before making false statement. Sumokoin has emitted a great GUI wallet and has a nice roadmap for August, if you think scammers would work so hard on a project this is sad for you. Make your research, check the Telegram and talk with the devs if you are not believing me, but this is far from being a scam. SUmokoin is planning to implement many new things neither Monero or AEON have, for exemple sub-adresses in few weeks..

But well, it is easier to scream "scam" each time a new project appears to be better than the one you invested in. Such an immature attitude for someone who is rated 5 star on Bitcointalk, this is not 4Chan here. Make research before lying..
Madinvestor

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:32:33 PM

And no, that is not the only things that will differ from Monero path. The coin is just 2 months old and this month we will see multi-signs and sub-adresses, that's not that bad in a month for a 300k dollars marketcap coin I think. Feel free to PM me when you'll find developers that productive anyway, would like to invest on their project too. Thanks a lot mate !
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:47:01 PM

You should stop acting so aggressive and look deeply into things before making false statement. Sumokoin has emitted a great GUI wallet and has a nice roadmap for August, if you think scammers would work so hard on a project this is sad for you. Make your research, check the Telegram and talk with the devs if you are not believing me, but this is far from being a scam. SUmokoin is planning to implement many new things neither Monero or AEON have, for exemple sub-adresses in few weeks..

But well, it is easier to scream "scam" each time a new project appears to be better than the one you invested in. Such an immature attitude for someone who is rated 5 star on Bitcointalk, this is not 4Chan here. Make research before lying..

I'm not lying, it's a straight clone, and their plans to implement features are just features that are nearing completion in Monero. I didn't call it a scam, I said it was a piece of shit. Good luck with your "investment".
Madinvestor

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:53:51 PM

"A straight clone" it's called a fork mate.  Grin
And yes as you said, they are implementing new things that are not planned in XMR and who will improve privacy. What about AEON right now ?  Huh
You called a piece of shit a coin with 250k dollars marketcap, two months old with 4 active core devs (more than 90% of the coins), I wonder which one of us will look dumber in 3 months. I leave you there, sad to see crypto community is so full of hatred like always. Good luck with your investment too either way
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:06:49 PM

"A straight clone" it's called a fork mate.  Grin
And yes as you said, they are implementing new things that are not planned in XMR and who will improve privacy. What about AEON right now ?  Huh
You called a piece of shit a coin with 250k dollars marketcap, two months old with 4 active core devs (more than 90% of the coins), I wonder which one of us will look dumber in 3 months. I leave you there, sad to see crypto community is so full of hatred like always. Good luck with your investment too either way

There's no novel features now or in development as far as I could tell from asking in the thread and looking at the website. The things they claim to be implementing, multisig and subaddresses, are features far along in development from monero, and if I had to be I would bet sumo people are not working on an independent implementation.

The reason it's garbage/shit/scam/whatever in my opinion is the 10% premine. You can't have a currency that enough people in the real world (read: not crypto "investors") are going to buy into and use for transacting where one party has scooped 10% of all money that will ever exist right off the top from the get go. Even Bitcoin suffered from this for a long time and Satoshi mined his coins over years fairly, but it still took a decade of his stash being static that most people begin to assume they will never move. Huge premine = non starter for me, especially for a clone/fork with zero new features and zero public plans to even implement new features.

Aeon is moving very slowly, but it actually already has at least one actual technical feature that differentiates itself from monero - pruning mode, two if you count modified PoW. And more importantly it has a fair launch with a decent size community of supporters and miners.
g8tguy

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:21:04 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 04:32:46 PM by g8tguy

"A straight clone" it's called a fork mate.  Grin
And yes as you said, they are implementing new things that are not planned in XMR and who will improve privacy. What about AEON right now ?  Huh

There's no novel features now or in development as far as I could tell from asking in the thread and looking at the website. The things they claim to be implementing, multisig and subaddresses, are features far along in development from monero, and if I had to be I would bet sumo people are not working on an independent implementation.

The reason it's garbage/shit/scam/whatever in my opinion is the 10% premine. You can't have a currency that enough people in the real world (read: not crypto "investors") are going to buy into and use for transacting where one party has scooped 10% of all money that will ever exist right off the top from the get go. Even Bitcoin suffered from this for a long time and Satoshi mined his coins over years fairly, but it still took a decade of his stash being static that most people begin to assume they will never move. Huge premine = non starter for me, especially for a clone/fork with zero new features and zero public plans to even implement new features.

Aeon is moving very slowly, but it actually already has at least one actual technical feature that differentiates itself from monero - pruning mode, two if you count modified PoW. And more importantly it has a fair launch with a decent size community of supporters and miners.

AEON on bitrex is like BCN on polo ... will be fixed soon...in the next 10 to 20 years LOL. until we see it fixed - it is as well as delisted

that is exactly what is going on with AEON, bitrex delisting it so 400K coins there are gone. but on hitbtc one man owns more than 60% of the coins. so AEON is the shittiest of them all, pure scam!

you can see how he populate the market with false sell and buy orders in like 2 seconds, with some automated script, and then drops the price from 15K to 10K in less than a second. at least sumo coin has potential to grow, and it's alive and thriving, unlike AEON, which is only well for pump and dump, nothing more

And how is premine any different from that huge donation found the Dev holds to himself, - with bitrex gone, it could affect the market much more than 10% or even 200%.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:42:51 PM

It's different because the dev fund was generated from mining and donations, and everyone had a fair chance to acquire coins by mining or buying during that time. Is that really hard to comprehend? Also dev fund is significantly less than 10% of total supply, I think more like 2%.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:16:01 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 05:33:30 PM by Febo

Hey guys !

I strongly disagree here.  
First there is like 9 millions of SUMO in developers hands. Then there was less then a million mined in first 2 months. 80 millions still to be mined.  
Developers have 450k AEON.  AEON have 14,530,843 mined right now, only 4 millions left ( not sure if there is/will be tail emission after that)
I am 99.9999% sure you will be able to get SUMO at way lower price as it is right now. Not only  in upcoming weeks or months but even a years.
I would extremely prefer to invest in AEON over SUMO at this point.
1101labu

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:03:58 PM

Hey guys !

hey mate, BTW, even assuming you're acting here in good faith, here is the Aeon thread isn't it? Not Sumokoin. And we curiously often read some advertising on Sumokoin here those days just after some good old FUD about Aeon...
So please open a new thread if you want to promote another currency in the "altcoin discussion" subforum;  it's common sense, and a lot more appropriate.
LesPristy

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:30:31 AM

First there is like 9 millions of SUMO in developers hands. Then there was less then a million mined in first 2 months.

Yeah, no sh*t. SUMO is 90% premined as of today.

Circulating Supply
949,895 SUMO
Total Supply
9,838,784 SUMO
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/sumokoin/

Does it have potential? Maybe... but I'm not investing at this point.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:37:49 AM

Hey guys !

Who are these 4 developers who forked Monero and why did you include a 10% premine in it? As the way things are today, a premine is never a good thing anymore. It shows the intentions of the developers that they are just in this to enrich themselves.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
g8tguy

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:16:17 AM

Hey guys !

Who are these 4 developers who forked Monero and why did you include a 10% premine in it? As the way things are today, a premine is never a good thing anymore. It shows the intentions of the developers that they are just in this to enrich themselves.

and you are here to give your money away? LOL.
start an ICO or a coin, pump the price sell to losers .. repeat. this is how the real economy works.
LesPristy

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:54:03 PM

Public node update

My VPS crashed for an unknown reason. Restored it from a snapshot and couldn't log in. I rebuilt it from scratch.

It has a new IP:

DNS is updated:
node.aeon-wallet.net

I will keep the hostname pointing to the current node IP if it changes, so it's probably better to use that.
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: