Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:01:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625077 times)
crd007

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:12:26 AM

Why is sending AEON always a pain in the ass?
Everytime I'm getting this error:
Error: Failed to find a suitable way to split transactions
Trying to send for example 550 coins with mixin 10 (total unlocked balance 590 coins). Should be enough to cover the fees ..? Also trying to send with mixin 2 or 1 does not work.
wtf is this?

Edit: ended up sending with mixin 0. Only thing that works. Sending monero or other cryptonote coins is much more easy. Don't now why this is so shitty about this coin. Privacy woohoo .. not. If you are forced to send with mixin 0 ...  Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AngryWhiteWolf

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:20:44 AM

Trying to send for example 550 coins with mixin 10 (total unlocked balance 590 coins). Should be enough to cover the fees ..? Also trying to send with mixin 2 or 1 does not work.
wtf is this?

Edit: ended up sending with mixin 0. Only thing that works. Sending monero or other cryptonote coins is much more easy. Don't now why this is so shitty about this coin. Privacy woohoo .. not. If you are forced to send with mixin 0 ...  Angry

Always sending with mixin 3 and never had issues. Another solution is probably to send the coins in smaller batches?
crd007

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:38:35 AM

Always sending with mixin 3 and never had issues. Another solution is probably to send the coins in smaller batches?

The simplewallet splits the transactions automatically in smaller batches ..

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1428

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:17:31 AM

wtf is this?

I had the same problem. I reckon it was because I had smaller UTXOs, not sure.

In any case, what does everyone think of the different rebases and which developer's code base should be implemented?

I read this thread yesterday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7xdr56/stoffu_rebase_testing/

If it must go to a community vote, I support stoffu's implementation. He's the most qualified and he is a member of Monero's research lab. So he is probably a mathematician, a cryptographer or a very smart computer scientist.

Thoughts?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
scamX

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:26:26 PM

I like stoffu,and slb's rebase either is finee by me
Nikita693

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:52:58 PM

As they say, desire and a little effort! Time will pass and everything will be OK! Good luck to you Valery, don't stop there! Grin Grin
zabidin2

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:39:42 AM

Hope can have pool around asia/japan.
tranced1

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:02:16 AM

Hope can have pool around asia/japan.

Take a look here: https://aeon.hashvault.pro/ru/#!/ports
heggerZ

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:12:21 AM

Very good news, stoffu's rebase has been declared the Functionally Complete Rebase by Smooth

Source: https://github.com/aeonix/aeon-rebase/pull/4

"iamsmooth
Noting for the benefit of people contributing to this PR and the previous one that the current plan is to declare this method the winner both for bounty purposes (as decided by bounty sponsors) and also accepted for eventual adoption as the main AEON codebase.

Other submissions will be declared runners up, will also receive a portion of the bounty, and are encouraged to submit their value-add, if any, as individual PRs following the conclusion of the rebase task."

Congrats to stoffu, I get from his reddit comments he was not driven by the bounty, however the bounty has been highly effective in galvanising the effort for the re-base which lacked progress before the bounty was set by Smooth from the developer fund and the kind donations from katiecharm and exciter0. Looking at moneromooo's review comments it does seem that stoffu has minimized the changes to the Monero code in his rebase submission which I believe is the correct approach to allow Aeon to benefit from Moneros continued development but will also allow Aeon to flourish with potentially new independent features which will be more mobile focused through AEON's own development community.

Hopefully developers from the competing Dr. Paradoxical team and slb will come together with Smooth & stoffu and assist re-base testing to get to main-net and also drive forward future AEON development.

On wards and upwards for AEON  Smiley
AngryWhiteWolf

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:43:24 AM

Very good news, stoffu's rebase has been declared the Functionally Complete Rebase by Smooth

Source: https://github.com/aeonix/aeon-rebase/pull/4

"iamsmooth
Noting for the benefit of people contributing to this PR and the previous one that the current plan is to declare this method the winner both for bounty purposes (as decided by bounty sponsors) and also accepted for eventual adoption as the main AEON codebase.

Other submissions will be declared runners up, will also receive a portion of the bounty, and are encouraged to submit their value-add, if any, as individual PRs following the conclusion of the rebase task."

Congrats to stoffu, I get from his reddit comments he was not driven by the bounty, however the bounty has been highly effective in galvanising the effort for the re-base which lacked progress before the bounty was set by Smooth from the developer fund and the kind donations from katiecharm and exciter0. Looking at moneromooo's review comments it does seem that stoffu has minimized the changes to the Monero code in his rebase submission which I believe is the correct approach to allow Aeon to benefit from Moneros continued development but will also allow Aeon to flourish with potentially new independent features which will be more mobile focused through AEON's own development community.

Hopefully developers from the competing Dr. Paradoxical team and slb will come together with Smooth & stoffu and assist re-base testing to get to main-net and also drive forward future AEON development.

On wards and upwards for AEON  Smiley

Indeed great news! Can't wait to be officially released.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:07:19 AM

It's strange that he did not make an announcement here or on Reddit. Maybe smooth was trying to avoid any controversy or avoid having the community dispute the chosen path for the rebase?

The group behind Dr.Paradoxical was indeed loud and it almost appeared that they suggested there should be community consensus behind them and more when they proposed 2 hardforks a year and activating RingCT.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

Activity: 234
Merit: 1

https://twitter.com/bazookajeff

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 02:03:12 AM

It's strange that he did not make an announcement here or on Reddit. Maybe smooth was trying to avoid any controversy or avoid having the community dispute the chosen path for the rebase?

The group behind Dr.Paradoxical was indeed loud and it almost appeared that they suggested there should be community consensus behind them and more when they proposed 2 hardforks a year and activating RingCT.

I thought this was odd as well but there are some serious accusations fluttering about which has me a little concerned. Smooth has been a steadfast leader in turbulent times and I doubt this will change. On another note, I am happy with the progress we seem to be making.

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
AngryWhiteWolf

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:33:30 AM

I thought this was odd as well but there are some serious accusations fluttering about which has me a little concerned. Smooth has been a steadfast leader in turbulent times and I doubt this will change. On another note, I am happy with the progress we seem to be making.

Interesting times for AEON. When to expect an official announcement about the code rebate?
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:51:45 AM

@smooth. We haven't heard from you in a while ever since the drama exploded on Reddit. I would like to hear some of your thoughts on the matter and what you think about Dr.Paradoxical's accusations on stoffu.

I reckon it was an just honest mistake on his part, and maybe partly from frustration that all their hard work was not merged in the codebase.

Stoffu did his rebase in only 24 hours. That must be so annoying when you did yours for more than a month hehehe.

As a community, we should forgive and forget.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cryptouser

Activity: 247

O__o

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:22:05 PM

I like the way this guy's making his way through  Grin
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:35:31 AM

I'm confused about what you find strange. I discussed the bounty with the other sponsors (katiecharm and exciter0) and we reached a conclusion. katiecharm (who was really the most active in proposing, organizing, and supporting the bounty) posted the conclusion on reddit and I replied that I was supporting that conclusion.

Perhaps I should have mentioned it here (not just on reddit) but besides that what part is strange?
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:53:57 AM

I think it's just that not everyone on this forum is aware that Reddit tends to be a more active place for discussion and/or announcements etc.  Perhaps a sentence in the first post of the thread telling folks to keep a close eye on Reddit as well as this forum for the latest news?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:09:31 AM

I think it's just that not everyone on this forum is aware that Reddit tends to be a more active place for discussion and/or announcements etc.  Perhaps a sentence in the first post of the thread telling folks to keep a close eye on Reddit as well as this forum for the latest news?

Good suggestion
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:11:25 AM

I'm confused about what you find strange. I discussed the bounty with the other sponsors (katiecharm and exciter0) and we reached a conclusion. katiecharm (who was really the most active in proposing, organizing, and supporting the bounty) posted the conclusion on reddit and I replied that I was supporting that conclusion.

Perhaps I should have mentioned it here (not just on reddit) but besides that what part is strange?

Sorry smooth, I do not visit Aeon's Reddit that much. I usually read the main post but I rarely read the replies thoroughly because of the non-linear format. It's my fault.

I also thought you were the person to first announce the winner of the bounty, that's all. But there are no worries from me, except for the drama when Dr.Paradoxical started defaming stoffu. I knew something like that was coming.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:15:22 AM
Merited by bbc.reporter (1)

Sorry smooth, I do not visit Aeon's Reddit that much. I usually read the main post but I rarely read the replies thoroughly because of the non-linear format. It's my fault.

I also thought you were the person to first announce the winner of the bounty, that's all. But there are no worries from me, except for the drama when Dr.Paradoxical started defaming stoffu. I knew something like that was coming.

I was the person to announce the winner in terms of submitted rebase code chosen to use going forward, but that was done first on GitHub, not here or reddit. I understand that makes it more visible to actual developers than community members, so I agree it would be better in future circumstances to do so in more community-visible ways.

The award division of the bounty pool was discussed among the sponsors and katiecharm ended up announcing it but that wasn't something I paid much attention to beyond taking part in the discussion. I was never the driving force behind the bounty, although I did support it with some donation fund AEONs.
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: