Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:22:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625085 times)
wavessurfing

Activity: 370
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 05:34:09 AM

I am reading this article about bitcoin's user interface and how it is still hard for most ordinary people to use or get used to. I reckon a small altcoin like us can be nimble and experiment on solutions that create an easier  user experience? This might bring us some advantage.

https://www.longhash.com/en/news/3256

I concur largely to your idea.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ebykamsiokoro

Activity: 310
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 06:25:48 PM

AEON have miraculously survived the ups and downs of the cryptocurrency space these past years and still going strong. Some other projects that raised funds via ICO and IEO have gone down the drain with investors funds, unfortunately. I'm so proud of the development team.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 07:44:37 PM

AEON have miraculously survived the ups and downs of the cryptocurrency space these past years and still going strong. Some other projects that raised funds via ICO and IEO have gone down the drain with investors funds, unfortunately. I'm so proud of the development team.

I agree, but overall Aeon is not isolated, benefiting greatly from the proximity of moreno.
it is really what confers its supplementary value.
this does not reduce the quality of the devs, i.e. giving it presently a real life to the coin.
bigslimvdub

Activity: 346
Merit: 23

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 05:19:46 AM

create an easier  user experience? This might bring us some advantage. -I've been trying this for a year and half. Not much has changed other than having a good baseline for help/documentation/accessibility for users. It's all there, unless you hit the delete button then oh well.  Like I've said for the last year now, Iphone app and Android app if you want more users. You can have the best-most secure code in the world but if you don't even have a mobile wallet then your userbase will only grow to those who use a PC for paying for things. And that is for basically online stores, which aeon has 0 support for other than aeon.to but that isn't really 100% use case because a retailer still needs to accept BTC.
Mobile wallet = #1
Mobile wallet = #2
Other underlying enhancements outside security = #3
Everything else = #4

I concur largely to your idea.

third

Herry Toms

Activity: 236
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 11:51:20 AM

why all the coins who with CryptoNight QTY is 18.4M?
Because there are coins just a copy and have not technology to change the code??
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
You are missing to see Ryocurrency while talking about Cryptonote coins, you should check by yourself it has unique features and they have did a lot of work on code improvement even it's algorithm Cryptonight-GPU is one of the best and used by other crypto projects also, First GUI wallet with the solo-mining feature was another good point to look at when you are talking about development.
I know most projects are copypasta but there are also some good ones that we can underestimate.
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 05:05:39 AM

Huh? that quote was from 2014....

Aeon has been able to CPU mine solo on CLI and GUI since before Ryo was even a project, and before sumo was even a project that forked from Monero. Solo POOL mine, no. GPU mining is fun but its very inefficient. Aeon is all about efficiency and lightness. Mosu is a good guy, have known him for a while and he created the electron GUI wallet everyone forked to their own coin projects to copypasta. He did good work on it. Very unfortunate that very few people even gave him credit outside Ryo project for his work on that, they just copy paste and say they made it for their project. Nobody even changed the coin headers in the json files they were so lazy., you look at the files and search for "ryo" in them and yea.... If I were to see a project where a dev did that it would be an immediate turnoff as it shows they are too lazy to modify everything because its time-consuming. Take ownership of your copypasta work....

Aeon on the other hand, stoffu works(worked) with monero on monero code and also aeon code and same for smooth, and moo. It's a small ecosystem but people give and take here and there.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
January 30, 2020, 04:19:43 AM

@smooth @stoffu. I reckon Aeon cannot follow and copy this recent development from Monero anymore.

https://www.monerooutreach.org/stories/RPC-Pay.html

I reckon that more public nodes might be needed to meet the demand if we are lucky enough to have more investors, adopters in the next bull market.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
stoffu

Activity: 203
Merit: 166

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2020, 05:06:17 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), bbc.reporter (1)

@smooth @stoffu. I reckon Aeon cannot follow and copy this recent development from Monero anymore.

https://www.monerooutreach.org/stories/RPC-Pay.html

I reckon that more public nodes might be needed to meet the demand if we are lucky enough to have more investors, adopters in the next bull market.

The RPC pay system is basically meaningful only for coins with CPU mineable (i.e., ASIC resistant) PoW algorithms. CPU mining in AEON is no longer profitable after the fork, so the RPC pay system makes little sense.

I'm also a bit skeptical about the actual effectiveness of the RPC pay system in general, even for Monero. For someone running a node and offering goods and services with the RPC pay system, he'd need to wait for a long time while continuously serving lots of customers before seeing the actual income (a solo-mined block). The income frequency can be higher for some very large and popular operators (like the top mining pools), but not so much for small businesses.

Also from the customer's point of view, especially in the context of using a remote public node, I think it'll be quite cumbersome to have to top up some credits (by mining) before being able to use the node. Noobs will cry "I don't want to wait!" and there'll be someone willing to offer public nodes without requiring any RPC payment.

We'll see if the RPC payment really proves to be useful or not.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 01:38:59 AM

@smooth. You have been one of the oldest developers of altcoin projects in the cryptospace. What is your view on infinite inflation and the welcoming of Asics for a cryptocoin? Would it not end similar to the diamond market where miners agree to hold supply to create artificial scarcity and manipulate the cryptocoin's price?

I also talked to tromp about this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5090427.msg53774417#msg53774417

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 07, 2020, 09:28:57 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2020, 11:46:30 AM by smooth
Merited by vapourminer (1)

@bbc.reporter

I agree with you that IF there is a mining cartel, then all sorts of bad things happen, not only manipulating supply but also censorship, confiscation, and even inflation.

Most of the security of PoW depends on there not being a cartel.

Whether ASICs inevitably lead to a cartel is debatable.

Whether external factors (e.g. access to energy) lead to a cartel regardless of ASICs is also debatable.

Finally whether ASIC resistance is futile is also debatable.

People who are claim to be sure about these things are either lying, ignorant, or so much smarter than me that I can't differentiate between their superintelligence and ignorance.

Long term success of cryptocurrencies is unknowable and will probably require no small amount of luck. Which by the way, I would say there has been already to get as far as we have.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 12:34:10 AM

@smooth. Whether ASICs inevitably lead to a cartel is debatable.

However, a cryptocoin that welcomes Asics and a monetary policy with an infinite supply might be more at risk to coin distribution manipulation by miners than cryptocoins that halves issuance.

Finally whether ASIC resistance is futile is also debatable.

Aeon might also have made the wrong decision on changing to K12?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
stoffu

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2020, 03:14:36 AM

@bbc.reporter

I agree with you that IF there is a mining cartel, then all sorts of bad things happen, not only manipulating supply but also censorship, confiscation, and even inflation.

I don't quite see how a mining cartel can manipulate the supply. Any miners who violate the emission rule get immediately ignored by the network as they're seen as following a different protocol (like how Bitcoin Cash is irrelevant to Bitcoin).
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2020, 04:00:48 AM
Merited by philipma1957 (2), vapourminer (1)

@bbc.reporter

I don't quite see how a mining cartel can manipulate the supply. Any miners who violate the emission rule get immediately ignored by the network as they're seen as following a different protocol (like how Bitcoin Cash is irrelevant to Bitcoin).

I think he was referring to a single entity that holds a large portion of remaining coins being able to manipulate the above ideas due to the fact that average joe does not have many coins. Sort of like how Coinbase has a large % of certain coins, where if those were to disappear from the market, could adversely affect market valuations.

Supply wise, once tail emissions kick in, the above holder can manipulate the chain in many ways. It's no different than one ASIC operator controlling 93.5% of a blockchains hash power for two years, most likely to increase holdings for such a manner. 
stoffu

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2020, 05:03:38 AM

@bbc.reporter

I think he was referring to a single entity that holds a large portion of remaining coins being able to manipulate the above ideas due to the fact that average joe does not have many coins. Sort of like how Coinbase has a large % of certain coins, where if those were to disappear from the market, could adversely affect market valuations.

Supply wise, once tail emissions kick in, the above holder can manipulate the chain in many ways. It's no different than one ASIC operator controlling 93.5% of a blockchains hash power for two years, most likely to increase holdings for such a manner. 

Terms like supply and inflation have clear definitions. I don't see how this kind of abuse of terms is useful.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 10, 2020, 07:53:48 PM

@bbc.reporter

Literally they can not, but in effect a miner (cartel) which is able to selectively block or insist on higher fees on coins that are not its own can increase its share of the total supply, which is equivalent to increasing inflation (on everyone else).

Without censorship resistance you lose what is useful about a programmed supply rule (that your holdings are only diluted at the specified rate), even if the literal supply rule is still there.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2020, 03:29:53 AM

@bbc.reporter

Yes, similar to the control of the diamond market by the De Beers where they manipulate the prices. I reckon that this might done more on cryptocoins with unlimited supply and miners place themselves as something similar to the federal reserve hehehe.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2020, 04:57:02 AM

Anyone can feel free to update the timeline and send a PR req for it: https://aeoncommunity.github.io/information/timeline.html

I haven't updated since September
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 22, 2020, 05:58:55 PM

short discussion on reddit: aeon.to updated.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/f5sar1/aeonto_updated/
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 02:24:14 AM
Merited by estenity (1)

@estenity. It is good to know that xmr.to is vouching for it. Also, their recognition on Aeon as an alternative to Monero is enough to make it the no.2 cryptonote coin in the cryptospace.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 01:27:40 AM

@smooth. Are you maintaining your status as a Steemit witness up to now? I heard there was a takeover of the project by Justin Sun and his friends the exchanges hehehe. I want to know what are your opinions on the issue.

I reckon this shows that the exchanges might the real powers behind the cryptospace.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: