Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:59:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625084 times)
UberMakedonische

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:10:57 PM

I'm not looking for any donations, but we can set up a fund to pay for future services such as hosting a web site, bounties, etc. This is not to discourage other volunteers from personally accepting donations at all. In fact, I would encourage it if it means more participation.

I will make an announcement about a project donations fund in a few days when I start a new thread if the previous developer hasn't yet turned over access to this one.

In the event this thread is locked please PM me for a link to the new thread

Send me address for AEON i want to give some donation
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
exciter0

Activity: 115

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:58:13 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 06:02:06 PM by exciter0

Update release candidate feedback requested

Please leave feedback about the update release candidate I announced a few days ago.

Smooth's on this project now? I'll mine it  Wink

Blockchain all synched up from scratch with your build, so I assume seed nodes are working, thanks!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄ G O L D M I N T ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▬▬▬ Blockchain based platform which operates Gold-backed Cryptoassets ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬ BLOGTelegramSlackANN ThreadTwitterReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:10:06 PM

Maybe someone should remove the "Coin discontinued" from the OP

Nice catch, it's confusing.

We can't. The original developer offered to turn over access to it, but hasn't done so yet.

If it doesn't happen in a few days I will start a new thread and announce this one closed.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:29:58 PM

Well, guys, brew formula delivered using smooth's repo.

https://github.com/sammy007/homebrew-cryptonight

brew tap sammy007/cryptonight
brew install aeon --HEAD -v

Run:

/usr/local/Cellar/aeon/HEAD/bin/aeond
/usr/local/Cellar/aeon/HEAD/bin/simplewallet

PS: blockchain.bin is pretty outdated, I can upload Linux and OSX (I need to sync it) to mega tomorrow.

If there will be tags one day, I'll upload OSX binary bottles (homebrew will be required anyway).
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:36:20 PM

Thanks for the help sammy007!!

Yes I'm going to tag when we are ready for release. Still in the testing phase right now.
h0g0f0g0

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:33:18 AM

Maybe someone should remove the "Coin discontinued" from the OP

Nice catch, it's confusing.

We can't. The original developer offered to turn over access to it, but hasn't done so yet.

If it doesn't happen in a few days I will start a new thread and announce this one closed.

I guess you cant' announce anything as you don't have op access. Hijhacking thread is also very nice way how you support original devs Wink So monerish Wink People should be aware of speculation pump on Polo otherwise they will burn money on dead coin. I've burnt enough when aeon started and with no guerilla marketing it was just going down. I still think it is a good coin and can address weak points of XMR but I don't like approach of few people taking over like this.

We should involve original dev at least as some junior consultant and get access to the official site. Running forks here and there is not good for the coin. There should be one upstream repository and official builds or trust cannot be recovered.

Also I believe that someone is heavily buying just to sell once the crowd gets involved, so be careful people!
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:31:54 AM

I guess you cant' announce anything as you don't have op access. Hijhacking thread is also very nice way how you support original devs Wink So monerish Wink People should be aware of speculation pump on Polo otherwise they will burn money on dead coin. I've burnt enough when aeon started and with no guerilla marketing it was just going down. I still think it is a good coin and can address weak points of XMR but I don't like approach of few people taking over like this.

As far as I'm concerned it is totally up to the community, especially the people who were involved with this coin already. If you don't want my help then I will certainly step aside.

"Supporting the original devs" seems pointless given the obvious abandonment (see OP), lack of updates, shut down of seed nodes, etc., but that is just my opinion. If others disagree then just stick with them.

Up to you guys. I will await feedback.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:32:12 AM

As far as I'm concerned it is totally up to the community, especially the people who were involved with this coin already. If you don't want my help then I will certainly step aside.

"Supporting the original devs" seems pointless given the obvious abandonment (see OP), lack of updates, shut down of seed nodes, etc., but that is just my opinion. If others disagree then just stick with them.

If people don't want a take over have you considered forking the latest Monero release and starting a fresh chain?
gpools

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:59:31 AM

If people don't want a take over have you considered forking the latest Monero release and starting a fresh chain?
Aeon old dev stop support this coin.  smooth  help move on .
exciter0

Activity: 115

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:19:10 PM

We should involve original dev at least as some junior consultant and get access to the official site. Running forks here and there is not good for the coin. There should be one upstream repository and official builds or trust cannot be recovered.

Also I believe that someone is heavily buying just to sell once the crowd gets involved, so be careful people!

STFU, dude. Clearly the "original" dev rather sell off the domain/accounts to make a few bucks than to see this coin rise again. If he  has any senses, he would cooperate so that he can sell off his remaining stash of AEON at a higher price later. I think it's all a fair game for not only smooth, but anyone, to take over this project at this point - the ship has been abandoned for sometime now. I, for one, am excited to see what smooth and other potential devs have in mind for this coin. 

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄ G O L D M I N T ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▬▬▬ Blockchain based platform which operates Gold-backed Cryptoassets ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬ BLOGTelegramSlackANN ThreadTwitterReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:59:24 PM

I bought, but in reality have spent very little. The coin became almost worthless. I can't see any point in selling to make such a small profit, to be honest. To me it is risk reward purchase. If it doesn't pay off I don't care. I might think about it in a year or so.
Also I would like to give some away to those who have helped.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:00:21 AM

hey, Smooth,

Kind of curious about the implications of your commitment to this coin for the future development of XMR.

Is XMR old news now?

Can one possible scenario for the 3-month/6-month/12-month future be AEON surpassing XMR in market cap and/or utility?

Will successful technical developments in AEON be ported to XMR?

Thanks.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:14:37 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 02:28:39 AM by smooth

hey, Smooth,

Kind of curious about the implications of your commitment to this coin for the future development of XMR.

None directly. I just saw a nice simple coin with some people supporting it that wasn't even being updated for critical security flaws, and felt I could help out with that.

Is XMR old news now?

Not in my opinion. Monero has become a major project with a large team, along with a large and organized user/industry group (MEW). That is complementary with an independent coin like this one that is being handled as a simpler and lower profile project.

Can one possible scenario for the 3-month/6-month/12-month future be AEON surpassing XMR in market cap and/or utility?

Impossible to speculate. I usually decline from making predictions

Will successful technical developments in AEON be ported to XMR?

Yes that is certainly possible. My view in general is that open source projects greatly benefit from sharing of ideas and code. I don't subscribe to the model that every fork becomes an independent competing project. Cooperation and learning from each other's experiences can be just as important as competition.

It is still unclear to me whether I should even get involved. If my input is being viewed as a hijacking or takeover then I don't want to be stirring up anything contentious or controversial. Plenty of that going on with Monero already!

aeon (OP)

Activity: 65

This account is controlled by smooth

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 06:27:48 AM

If somebody wants to take over website, this thread and other communication resources please make an offer. So far nobody did.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:11:21 AM

If somebody wants to take over website, this thread and other communication resources please make an offer. So far nobody did.

My offer is 1 AEON.

gpools

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:30:35 AM

coin dying we are trying  move on so that the dev thinking about money things with a worthless coin death.
UberMakedonische

Activity: 120

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:55:42 AM

My offer is 1.1 AEON. (smooth thanks for not letting to die this coin so far)

Additional offer for website: 2 AEON
wysiwyg01

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 08:02:27 AM

My offer is 1 AEON.

smooth has been keen to take over, and judging by most other comments everybody is happy for  this. It's the communities coin and the community has voted in smooth!

Let it be.

This coin is resilient given what it has survived.
mere-mortal

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:15:03 AM

Please explain what is stopping you from joining the revival of your creation. There are ways to make the dev and maintenance more cost effective, as thing stand now it could be self sustaining. You would still be able to spend time with loved ones etc, it seems you have taken a very hard arsed attitude, maybe its hard to accept the rebound.

If you follow any other CryptoNote threads, you will be aware that the sort of funds needed to take CryptoNote to where it needs to be will cost 100s of thousands, so my feeling is that if you are in the CryptoNote camp, you have a pioneering spirit, and know its for the long run, there is no entitlement and no quick bucks.

For that to fall on just one is a lot to ask, so the more the better
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:12:45 PM

Aeon, do you have any connection to Bytecoin or the Cryptonote team?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: