Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 12:00:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmaintech Antminer S1 Upgrade Kit  (Read 4631 times)
allcoinminer (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:33:31 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 02:55:15 PM by allcoinminer

Bitmaintech Antminer S1 Upgrade Kit
Will you buy an S1 upgrade kit if bitmaintech release it?
What kind of an upgrade you are looking for?

Notable Points:
01: The possibility of daisy chaining more blades would have been neat without needing another controller.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:35:40 PM

Is this substantiated or are you just thinking out loud?
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:35:49 PM

Most likely, power efficency.  It would have to be from Bitmain though, I don't trust many people.
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:36:52 PM

Bitmain sells an upgrade kit, it's called the S2.
Majixagi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:40:49 PM

Did you mean S2 upgrade kit?

has not sold out
BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:46:41 PM

I would like to see more improvements done to the firmware.
Options added to the miner page like the ability to;
Specify if it's failover or round robin instead of needing to edit the config files manually for example.
A graph of performance added to the monitoring would be neat too.
Pay someone on the cgminer team to tweak better performance would be nice Wink

Since the S1 is discontinued I can't see them doing any hardware upgrades really.
The possibility of daisy chaining more blades would have been neat without needing another controller.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
allcoinminer (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:56:37 PM

Is this substantiated or are you just thinking out loud?

Came from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417159.msg7166378#msg7166378
allcoinminer (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:57:30 PM

Specify if it's failover or round robin instead of needing to edit the config files manually for example.

Since the S1 is discontinued I can't see them doing any hardware upgrades really.
The possibility of daisy chaining more blades would have been neat without needing another controller.

That's a good point.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:40:22 PM

That's a good point.

Nope. The controller on the S1 can only handle 2 blades, and based on my conversations with them recently and in the past, they dont plan on changing that.
BCwinning

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:05:22 PM

That's a good point.

Nope. The controller on the S1 can only handle 2 blades, and based on my conversations with them recently and in the past, they dont plan on changing that.
like I said since it's discontinued it won't be happening anyway. So to even discuss whether it can or can't is just worthless.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
allcoinminer (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:21:19 PM

What kind of a controller is it? Can any one give out something about the controller?
denniscdunbar

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:37:23 PM

That's a good point.

like I said since it's discontinued it won't be happening anyway. So to even discuss whether it can or can't is just worthless.

We can hope that Bitmain comes out with an S3 @200GH using the s2 boards. It would use less power and could be cheaper to manufacture using only a single  production line to create mining boards.

DoubleD

AbiTxGroup

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:20:29 PM

What kind of a controller is it? Can any one give out something about the controller?
It is a TP-Link TL-WR743N/ND v2 controller.  It is running OpenWRT Barrier Breaker r38031.

So, its a wireless router controller running cgminer.
GuyllFyre

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:46:57 PM

Being able to use it as a controller for U1/U2/U2+ Antminers would be awesome!
Would have to be able to add some sort of USB interface but it would be nice because I have 18 USB Antminers.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:50:36 PM

Windows Thinks U2 & U2+ Antminers are modem devices when used with SiliconLabs CP21xx drivers.
allcoinminer (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:47:38 AM

It is a TP-Link TL-WR743N/ND v2 controller.  It is running OpenWRT Barrier Breaker r38031.

I'm looking to explore this. Can you guide me to a good forum or link discussing about this controller, if any?
BCwinning

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:39:33 PM

It is a TP-Link TL-WR743N/ND v2 controller.  It is running OpenWRT Barrier Breaker r38031.

I'm looking to explore this. Can you guide me to a good forum or link discussing about this controller, if any?
the openwrt forum would be a good start.

AbiTxGroup

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:10:14 PM

the openwrt forum would be a good start.
So true.

Here are a few to get you started:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr743nd

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr741nd#tl-wr741nd.v4.x

https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/38031
GuyllFyre

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:16:06 PM

Windows Thinks U2 & U2+ Antminers are modem devices when used with SiliconLabs CP21xx drivers.

My U1/U2/U2+ devices are all plugged into my main computer, which is a Linux box, through Anker hubs.  Dunno what it "sees" them as because I haven't checked but all I need to do is go into /dev, look for the ttyUSB devices, and make sure they get full R/W permissions.
Then fire up BitMinter, let it find them all, ID them one by one, and tweak them for speed until each one does it's max hashing with no hardware errors.
The only problem I have is that they are never identified in the same order, so if I reboot or remove devices and add them, they change port assignments and I have to go through the whole process.  Would have been nice if the U1/U2/U2+ devices had unique serial numbers to ID them.  I'm going to have to put labels on them and keep a chart of the hash rate hex assignments that they are each capable of.

Good thing I rarely have to reboot.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:57:46 PM

My U1/U2/U2+ devices are all plugged into my main computer, which is a Linux box, through Anker hubs.  Dunno what it "sees" them as because I haven't checked but all I need to do is go into /dev, look for the ttyUSB devices, and make sure they get full R/W permissions.
Then fire up BitMinter, let it find them all, ID them one by one, and tweak them for speed until each one does it's max hashing with no hardware errors.
The only problem I have is that they are never identified in the same order, so if I reboot or remove devices and add them, they change port assignments and I have to go through the whole process.  Would have been nice if the U1/U2/U2+ devices had unique serial numbers to ID them.  I'm going to have to put labels on them and keep a chart of the hash rate hex assignments that they are each capable of.

Good thing I rarely have to reboot.
If you are still using the SiLabs Drivers, go to their website. They have the complete USB to UART Dev tool for free and I believe one of the options in it is the ability to assign unique serial numbers to each device, though you may need to remove them and add one, run the tool, add one, then run the tool.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: