Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:08:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Confession of a Degenerate  (Read 24648 times)
m5j0r

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:01:01 PM

Dooglus showed his accounts' charts recently..

I think this is a non issue. He's not a scammer he is just seriously stupid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spartan82

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:06:59 PM

He gambled away all investors funds. How can people not call that a scam?! Just because he has a gambling/drinking/drug problem he can get away without being labelled a scammer? That's not right
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:28:21 PM

He gambled away all investors funds. How can people not call that a scam?! Just because he has a gambling/drinking/drug problem he can get away without being labelled a scammer? That's not right

Yeah whether the scam was intentional or not he misappropriated the funds of others. 

m5j0r

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:41:44 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 10:46:20 PM by m5j0r

To me a scammer is someone with the intention to scam someone.

It doesn't make a difference to the investors losing on him, but it makes a difference regarding morality.

A scammer is never to be seen again - he knows what he is doing and goes his ways.

Some degen gambler like him messes up possibly not knowing what he's doing in that situation. I see it as a positive that he's here now and tries to fix things.

If he was a scammer I'd see no reason in him being here and talking to people at all.

Sorry for the investors, but something I also have to say is:
If you invest in a pennystock of a company that does not publish balance sheets or anything, you are either stupid / want to generate a huge return and risk it intentionally / know something the others don't.

Alone investing in a virtual pimp business. Seriously? Especially in the 21st century?
But to each his own.

Edit: negative trust for sure. Trust has been damaged.
spartan82

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:50:34 PM

So you guys strongly believe that scammers should not be labeled scammers if they hang around and talk to investors who's funds had been blown away on drinking gambling and so on? This opens the door to a whole new breed of scammers now lol. What of tradefortress? Not a scammer? Come on guys use ur common sense here
m5j0r

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:42:23 PM

argh I cant speak for others but I never suggested anything

After this catastrophe it will take forever before anyone will remotely try to do business with him anyway..

I personally only wanted to emphasize that it's important to keep a somewhat good conversation style (ie. not yelling shit at each other all the time) to get the situation solved for both sides eventually.

In law there is a difference between doing something intentionally (like "I am going to kill xyz") and doing something while incapable of reasoning or similar (like being wasted and hitting someone so that he unintentionally falls on the road).
That might make a moral difference in all of this for the investors.

It does not change economic reality one bit. Thats for sure. I've just tried to get people to realize that if you even want a tiny little chance to fix this you might be better off not insulting each other on 5 pages.
I would probably do the same if someone like KLYE lost my funds.. so I can understand.

Jesus.

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:35:14 AM

To me a scammer is someone with the intention to scam someone.

It doesn't make a difference to the investors losing on him, but it makes a difference regarding morality.

A scammer is never to be seen again - he knows what he is doing and goes his ways.

Some degen gambler like him messes up possibly not knowing what he's doing in that situation. I see it as a positive that he's here now and tries to fix things.

If he was a scammer I'd see no reason in him being here and talking to people at all.

Sorry for the investors, but something I also have to say is:
If you invest in a pennystock of a company that does not publish balance sheets or anything, you are either stupid / want to generate a huge return and risk it intentionally / know something the others don't.

Alone investing in a virtual pimp business. Seriously? Especially in the 21st century?
But to each his own.

Edit: negative trust for sure. Trust has been damaged.

The end result is the same regardless of his original intent. I hope he earns his trust back. 

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:49:42 PM

In law there is a difference between doing something intentionally (like "I am going to kill xyz") and doing something while incapable of reasoning or similar (like being wasted and hitting someone so that he unintentionally falls on the road)...

In finance,

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:15:13 PM

He's still a scammer. He said he was going to put the funds towards different uses, and instead he gambled it. Thats a scam. Hopefully he tries to keep his word
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:17:30 PM

So you guys strongly believe that scammers should not be labeled scammers if they hang around and talk to investors who's funds had been blown away on drinking gambling and so on? This opens the door to a whole new breed of scammers now lol. What of tradefortress? Not a scammer? Come on guys use ur common sense here

That's like sending someone to the psych ward instead of prison for killing someone and acting all psycho about it. :3
Ashbite

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:28:54 PM

He's still a scammer. He said he was going to put the funds towards different uses, and instead he gambled it. Thats a scam. Hopefully he tries to keep his word

We all hope so. But really, gambling is like the worst thing to do.
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:51:41 PM

Where Klyepussy now? Sipping cock in hawaii?

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 06:06:39 PM

Kind of off topic/kind of related to this, but could someone please explain the story of TradeFortress to a n00b to the forums such as myself? I've seen so many mentions of him scamming, heard stories about how he used to run some crazy bank monopoly operation on here, and seen "FreeHugs" with like negative 420,069 trust rating. If my assumptions are correct, wasn't he at one time a respected member of the BTC community/forum? Before he went to the dark side? I am intrigued by all of these references and comparisons to TradeFortress I see whenever there is a thread exposing some scam/fraud.

Keyser Soze

Activity: 470

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

Kind of off topic/kind of related to this, but could someone please explain the story of TradeFortress to a n00b to the forums such as myself? I've seen so many mentions of him scamming, heard stories about how he used to run some crazy bank monopoly operation on here, and seen "FreeHugs" with like negative 420,069 trust rating. If my assumptions are correct, wasn't he at one time a respected member of the BTC community/forum? Before he went to the dark side? I am intrigued by all of these references and comparisons to TradeFortress I see whenever there is a thread exposing some scam/fraud.
Take a read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=576337.0, look for inputs.io. He also ran a BTC investment fund and lending site, both of which (he claimed) had their coins in inputs.io during the "hack".

FreeHugs is the same user as TradeFortress. Users with VIP status (below their username) are able to change their forum name.

This. While he may be able to make investors whole at some point, I doubt most people would trust him very much.
leckey

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:09:19 PM

sorry but never invest in an IPO started by someone who puts sparklers in their ass and lights them...

This.

This should be permanently displayed at the top of these forums.

Ron~Popeil

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 02:21:55 AM

sorry but never invest in an IPO started by someone who puts sparklers in their ass and lights them...

This.

This should be permanently displayed at the top of these forums.

That should go without saying but agreed all the same.

cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:27:17 AM

I figured this belonged in the IPO thread, but since it's self moderated I'm putting it here.  I got a PM from MRKLYE asking if he could buy back my shares.  I'm assuming he's paying off the lowest investors (or more trusted) in a attempt to mend his neg feedback.  To answer your question, no, you may not buy my shares back.  Add the .005 to dividends.  I'm not taking BTC for my shares that other people didn't get an opportunity to.

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:19:36 AM

Once (as if lol) he pays back investors he should be banned.
He will most likely do same over and over with a new group of 'investors' in a few months.

Willisius

Activity: 364

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:40:48 AM

I figured this belonged in the IPO thread, but since it's self moderated I'm putting it here.  I got a PM from MRKLYE asking if he could buy back my shares.  I'm assuming he's paying off the lowest investors (or more trusted) in a attempt to mend his neg feedback.  To answer your question, no, you may not buy my shares back.  Add the .005 to dividends.  I'm not taking BTC for my shares that other people didn't get an opportunity to.

I could be way off here, but to me it just looks like he's trying reimburse someone, while reducing the amount of shareholders he owes.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 06:51:21 AM

I could be way off here, but to me it just looks like he's trying reimburse someone, while reducing the amount of shareholders he owes.
Any BTC he has should be going towards dividends.  Choosing to pay back certain investors in full while leaving others with almost nothing to show is (almost) as bad as gambling our BTC to begin with.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: