Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:10:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SolidCoin USD price hits new high  (Read 6517 times)
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 10:49:59 AM

yeah, i agree. i just wonder how much real money and btc they have lost trying to keep this game going...

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 12:05:25 PM

yeah, i agree. i just wonder how much real money and btc they have lost trying to keep this game going...

looking at the amount of marketing they need to do (would you go to citybank to make advertisments for deutsche bank?) then they have much to loose... or to gain.. but hey, if i had 12mil coins and the plan to get 1coin = $1 i would go through this hell as well..

Honestly, why still trying to convince people here Coinhunter? Noone here will listen to your bullshit anyway..
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 01:19:55 PM

Congrats on the current price. However I suspect it's you and your cadre that are doing most of the price raising.

1. Hoard mass amounts of solidcoins in hopes that you can cash out big time.
2. Raise price so people will think that solidcoins are worth something.
3. Speculators put in large buy orders because they think sodlicoins will be worth something in the future.
4. Hoarders profit.
5. Speculators are screwed.

From what I see in the solidcoin market the 3rd point hasn't happened and it will not happen.

You're better off selling a portion of your coins every once and a while.

You are right that it is people expecting price to match the actual mining cost hoarding them. Why wouldn't they? It's financial sense when there is almost no coin inflation and "only" 2.7 million available to be bought right now. You only have to buy more than 40SC each day to increase your personal percentage of the world SC holdings, that's attractive to some people. When you have a limited supply, no incoming inflation (or negligible) there is only one thing the price can do when you have people that want SolidCoins. And there are plenty of people out there that want them. There are also plenty of people who want to make money on the upswing (short term traders). So I'm sure there will be some sort of staircase type pattern.

No one can control what happens on the market but I'm glad the economy issue has been fixed with SolidCoin and it allows us to have a stable price (eventually). An automatic deflation/inflation control has been needed in a decentralized p2p currency and we have delivered it.

http://solidcoin.info/economy.html

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 01:28:43 PM

looking at the amount of marketing they need to do (would you go to citybank to make advertisments for deutsche bank?) then they have much to loose... or to gain.. but hey, if i had 12mil coins and the plan to get 1coin = $1 i would go through this hell as well..

Honestly, why still trying to convince people here Coinhunter? Noone here will listen to your bullshit anyway..

No one has 12 million "Spendable" coins, and that is all that matters, it's verifiable with the source. Whilst RealSolid does have control of the CPF wallet, which contains around 130K SC at the moment he doesn't plan on using it unless absolutely necessary for bounties or hiring lawyers, etc. You can verify that no transactions have come out of the CPF yet. http://solidtools.net .

130K is also rather small in the scheme of things (2.7 million coins total) so whilst I'm sure some people think he can abuse that he has already given out over 100K in bounties to people so it's not like he doesn't have a history of being trustworthy when it comes to such things. The ideal situation is nothing has to come from that CPF wallet until it is passed over to the NPO because I think it would be better for RealSolid  that way.

And if you don't want to listen that's fine nachtwind, don't get upset because you realize the logical things said here are going to sway some people. You can have your opinion but I think the reason a lot of trolls get upset with SolidCoin is because of fear. They want Bitcoin to succeed instead of SolidCoin simply because Bitcoin was first. Doesn't always work that way, and if you don't want to come across as a fool it's better to act logical and reasonable than fanboyish.

DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 02:55:51 PM

Whilst RealSolid does have control of the CPF wallet, which contains around 130K SC at the moment he doesn't plan on using it unless absolutely necessary for bounties or hiring lawyers, etc.
and if you don't want to come across as a fool.

Says the person talking about himself in the third party like you are separate people...
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 03:27:48 PM

and what you call someone that only have ~1/100th value of something, and claiming to be the next replacement of that something?

What was bitcoins value in its first 7 months? Was it less than $0.05? Yes? Put things in perspective. SolidCoin is a replacement to Bitcoin because it's the better product and more secure. If bitcoin is attacked SolidCoin is the only p2p chain with any security that users can move to. Over time users will move to it anyhow because it has better features that they want, on top of the added security.
security, as in, one person controlling the whole coin, and miners have no say on changes?

oh yeah.
security indeed.

CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 03:39:37 PM

security, as in, one person controlling the whole coin, and miners have no say on changes?

oh yeah.
security indeed.

Just because that's what you think with your ignorant beliefs doesn't mean it is so :-

http://solidcoin.info/myths.html

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 04:09:39 PM

oh yeah.
security indeed.

Just because that's what you think with your ignorant beliefs doesn't mean it is so :-

http://solidcoin.info/myths.html
Here's some more reality for you.
Congrats on dropping from 2nd to 3rd place.

Only a child could think a coin which has 1/6th the value of SolidCoin is somehow beating it. Keep going kindergarten troll.

So I am sitting in a strategy meeting with the Marketing team for a Fortune 300 company last Thursday, which I have been introducing to the concept of integrating cryptocurrency. Obviously in the interest of full disclosure, and looking for the very best implementation of this new transaction model we discuss not only bitcoin, but the alt coins as well.

Imagine the secure and confident feeling built up in a potential massive business adopter when they become aware of a coin-leader who has absolute control over the economy of that coin and has to post a "Myths" page about his coin. Then look at his abusive, insulting and juvenile approach to dealing with the realities of market adoption and integration into an actual functioning economy.

Want to guess how long it took to strike a red line through SC as a potential talking point? Less than five seconds. Including debate.

No business is going to accept a means of payment that is controlled by a lunatic who proclaims he wants to overthrow governments, destroy the system, and thinks he can manipulate the world economy by press release. They don't even spend the time to laugh at how pathetic this is, they just dismiss it instantly.
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 04:22:21 PM

So I am sitting in a strategy meeting with the Marketing team for a Fortune 300 company last Thursday, which I have been introducing to the concept of integrating cryptocurrency. Obviously in the interest of full disclosure, and looking for the very best implementation of this new transaction model we discuss not only bitcoin, but the alt coins as well.

Imagine the secure and confident feeling built up in a potential massive business adopter when they become aware of a coin-leader who has absolute control over the economy of that coin and has to post a "Myths" page about his coin. Then look at his abusive, insulting and juvenile approach to dealing with the realities of market adoption and integration into an actual functioning economy.

Want to guess how long it took to strike a red line through SC as a potential talking point? Less than five seconds. Including debate.

No business is going to accept a means of payment that is controlled by a lunatic who proclaims he wants to overthrow governments, destroy the system, and thinks he can manipulate the world economy by press release. They don't even spend the time to laugh at how pathetic this is, they just dismiss it instantly.

I think you lost everyone at "So I am sitting in a strategy meeting". No one as hot headed and as stupid as you has as much say as you think you do. You're probably 16, playing Fifa manager thinking you're some pro executive type. Welcome to the real world.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 04:55:57 PM

I think you lost everyone at "So I am sitting in a strategy meeting". No one as hot headed and as stupid as you has as much say as you think you do. You're probably 16, playing Fifa manager thinking you're some pro executive type. Welcome to the real world.
which begs the questions...

how many businesses support your coin?

CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:10:18 PM

Not enough. I don't even know why any businesses would be happy with what SC and BTC dish up right now because it's a bit of a joke. I guess some people can just work around quirks more than others.

SolidCoin v3 will solve these issues and allow businesses of all types to use SC easily.

DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:37:11 PM

While the premise of your question is interesting there is not a hope in hell a company of such size would bother with any of the existing implementations they would want total control of their fate not leaving it in the hands of bunch of clowns on the internet and as such would do their own blockchain.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:41:19 PM

Not enough. I don't even know why any businesses would be happy with what SC and BTC dish up right now because it's a bit of a joke. I guess some people can just work around quirks more than others.

SolidCoin v3 will solve these issues and allow businesses of all types to use SC easily.

because you're a joke.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 06:24:08 PM

Whilst RealSolid does have control of the CPF wallet, which contains around 130K SC at the moment he doesn't plan on using it unless absolutely necessary for bounties or hiring lawyers, etc.
and if you don't want to come across as a fool.

Says the person talking about himself in the third party like you are separate people...

He realizes what an asshole Coinhunter has become on this forum, realizes it will hurt Solidcoin publicly and is attempting to spin it as Coinhunter and RealSolid are two different people LOL.

Seriously, I'm not joking.

So he is pretending to be someone else, because if people knew Coinhunter = Solidcoin master node they wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Somehow, this is still not worth a Scammer label.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:54:41 PM

Only a child could think a coin which has 1/6th the value of SolidCoin is somehow beating it. Keep going kindergarten troll.

Normally I read and avoid posting, but this one deserves a response.

Japanese yen are worth 1/70th to 1/80 of a US dollar.  Could the yen beat the dollar - doesn't have to, it is on equal footing as it still buys "stuff".  Dismissing a currency due to it's exchange rate is foolish.

Turkish lire was one of the favs in the past, about 100 to the Italian lire, and that was what, 1000 to the dollar?
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 09:10:01 PM

Normally I read and avoid posting, but this one deserves a response.

Japanese yen are worth 1/70th to 1/80 of a US dollar.  Could the yen beat the dollar - doesn't have to, it is on equal footing as it still buys "stuff".  Dismissing a currency due to it's exchange rate is foolish.

Turkish lire was one of the favs in the past, about 100 to the Italian lire, and that was what, 1000 to the dollar?

this thread is about the exchange rate, so foolish may be on the other foot.

and with yens value, if you only got 0.05 yen per day of work you could not buy any "stuff"

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 09:47:27 PM

Want to promote SC ? Sacrifice one of the 12 million accounts and make the coins spendable then setup a faucet or make it easy to get them by giving away some of the tax. If you really want to support the currency rather than just engage with trolls. If people can get SC more easily than BTC they might start using it.

There, free advice. Take it or leave it.

CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 01:35:27 AM

Want to promote SC ? Sacrifice one of the 12 million accounts and make the coins spendable then setup a faucet or make it easy to get them by giving away some of the tax. If you really want to support the currency rather than just engage with trolls. If people can get SC more easily than BTC they might start using it.

There, free advice. Take it or leave it.

I don't think one of the trust accounts should be made spendable. But the existing CPF could be used for something like this, that is what it was designed for. You are right that "Non mining" methods to get people involved are important, but until we have a better client I don't think there is much point in trying to sway the "normal" people as it's too complicated to use for most people.

If you have any other specific ideas besides a faucet you can PM me them.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 01:45:32 AM

I don't think one of the trust accounts should be made spendable.

Notice the key word, "should". Which means he is admitting he can make them spendable any time he wants.

Buy & Hold
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 01:57:05 AM

I don't think one of the trust accounts should be made spendable.

Notice the key word, "should". Which means he is admitting he can make them spendable any time he wants.

We've already discussed this and I told you it was possible to make them spendable, it's also possible to add special blocks worth millions in future updates. It's also possible to turn SolidCoin into an email client! Just like it's possible for coblee to add it to Litecoin or Gavin to Bitcoin, it's source code, anything is possible. It would need approval from multiple trust account holders though, not just one person.

In my eyes that is considered fraud, and I'm against anyone trying to add more funds to the system, there is already a 5% CPF which is fair that does what we need. The CPF amount will likely be lowered over time also, to something around 2% instead of the current 5%.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: