Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:27:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox Wire Transfer Out Problem  (Read 1646 times)
Bitcat (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 10:08:16 AM

Hi there,

This is my first post here on the Bitcoin Forum.
I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems getting money wired out from MtGox, or any of the other Bitcoin Exchanges?

I'm based in the UK, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it? However, I made a transfer request for an Int'l wire to be made to my Bank based here in the UK. That was on Friday 20th January, which is almost 14 days ago and almost a full 10 business days.

I've also had similar problems when dealing with other exchanges, such as Intersango and Tradehill, so it seems to be a generic problem inherent in the Bitcoin exchanges.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Many thanks

Bitcat

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2012, 07:14:24 PM

No, not in general. I trade on Mt.Gox, TradeHill, Intersango, bitmarket.eu, and bitcoin.de.

I have good experience with all of them, also the support. But I'm the more patient guy, and I'm rather sure, they are always under pressure.

But now I have an issue with TradeHill. I funded 586 Euro from my paxum account at 3. of January, but it not yet has reached my TradeHill account. Created a lot of tickets, without any answer up to now.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 02:43:45 AM

However, I made a transfer request for an Int'l wire to be made to my Bank based here in the UK. That was on Friday 20th January, which is almost 14 days ago and almost a full 10 business days.

Humans make errors, cron jobs go haywire, AML-related investigations get performed, etc.

Have you filed a ticket with Mt. Gox?  If so, are you not getting a timely response?
 - https://support.mtgox.com/home

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

bitcoinsarefun

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2012, 01:30:30 PM

The only complaint I have heard lately is the identification required for withdrawing is more stringent now but I didn't read much more than that. Perhaps there's a piece of the process you missed, open a ticket though
sethsethseth

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
February 05, 2012, 07:36:51 PM

You should definitely be using intersango in the UK.  No mtgox 2.5% currency conversion and wire fees, and my withdrawals take 4 days (including weekends).

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.
tetlox

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 08:34:48 AM

Hi Bitcat,

I also requested an international wire transfer (to the UK) from Mt. Gox on 23rd January 2012. I keep emailing Mt. Gox Support and all I am being told is that the transaction is "pending" or "waiting to be processed". The transfer is for circa £1,600 so I am a little concerned that it has taken over 2 and a half weeks with no sign of the funds yet.

Could you confirm whether you have received your funds from the 20th January transfer yet? I'm guessing that my funds should arrive shortly after yours.

Many thanks,
Tetlox
JLansing

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 12:51:47 AM

Hi Bitcat,

I also requested an international wire transfer (to the UK) from Mt. Gox on 23rd January 2012. I keep emailing Mt. Gox Support and all I am being told is that the transaction is "pending" or "waiting to be processed". The transfer is for circa £1,600 so I am a little concerned that it has taken over 2 and a half weeks with no sign of the funds yet.

Could you confirm whether you have received your funds from the 20th January transfer yet? I'm guessing that my funds should arrive shortly after yours.

Many thanks,
Tetlox

Hey, I am having the same problem. I created a thread about it and I just came across this one. Please check it out. And if anyone has received their funds, please let us know. Thanks! I will be posting a link to this thread in the one I started.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64217
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 09:42:48 AM

Hey Bitcat, if you're based in the UK then Intersango is by far the best exchange to use, they have the largest market for GBP, transfers to UK bank accounts are quick and cheap (although as was said before, there are at times delays for various reasons). But most importantly, if you have a problem they will get onto you and sort it out, as opposed to ignoring you for weeks and months.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 10:33:44 AM

Hi Bitcat,

Many thanks,
Tetlox

Hey, I am having the same problem. I created a thread about it and I just came across this one. Please check it out. And if anyone has received their funds, please let us know. Thanks! I will be posting a link to this thread in the one I started.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64217

I have the same problem on an international wire transfer from MtGox. This is unacceptable.

bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

It is way quicker to use intermediaries from the MTGOX Buy & Sell thread.
There seems to be room for business there.
The Redeemable codes work instantly, and I get the Sepa the next day or 2 days later if transfer is initiated in the evening hours.
and you get to build a relationship with a human being at the same time.

The MTGOX codes is the only method worthwhile in my experience. Paxum and wire transfers push patience and frustration to the limits.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: