Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:08:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only one that doesn't stand for the pledge and the national anthem?  (Read 3917 times)
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:26:57 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2012, 05:44:30 AM by Boss

A country is such a spook of an idea especially when an entity or culture can only genuinely represent so many people, let alone 350 million in the United States. Why stand for something so intangible? Why pay any regard to it? Why should I pledge allegiance to anything purportedly above myself?

I refused to stand for the national anthem at a hockey game today and I got nasty looks but isn't that what the United States is supposed to stand for; individual liberty?

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:28:50 AM

I am terrified of my country, the US of A. worst crooks ever.

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:52:57 AM

A country is such a spook of an idea especially when an entity or culture can only genuinely represent so many people, let alone 350 million in the United States. Why stand for something so intangible? Why pay any regard to it? Why should I pledge allegiance to anything purportedly above myself?

I refused to stand for the national anthem at a hockey game today and I got nasty looks but isn't that what the United States is supposed to stand for; individual liberty?

The reason people were looking at you is because you did something intending to make a statement, which they received, and in their perception of how generations upon generations of people have given their lives and freedoms so that snot like you could even go to a hockey game, they don't appreciate your sentiments and I wouldn't either. I don't pray at dinner tables where people are praying, but I don't start a thread about it to get attention.

Such an attention whore. Seriously, are you that desperate to be noticed and make a statement? Why don't you run for office then? I'm serious. Why are you the biggest non-active loser in the world who also happens to think he's got it all figured out? Do something with it for christ's sake. Prove it. Why are you wasting your time here on a forum preaching to people who think you're handicapped?

Back to point, requiring pledging allegiance to the flag would be unconstitutional, but so would requiring you to not use your cellphone at a funeral. Once again, you fail to miss the finer details of society as a whole and trade them for a self-fulfilling prophecy of how you need to up against odds with the world in order to be a part of it.

Need much growing up, you do.

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:55:27 AM

I stand out of respect for the crowd, just like I would if at an event that was hosting a group from another country and their flag was shown and their national anthem played. But placing my hand over my heart, or pledging allegiance to the thing? No, I concluded that was inappropriate (at least for myself) some time ago.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:56:38 AM

I stand out of respect for the crowd, just like I would if at an event that was hosting a group from another country and their flag was shown and their national anthem played. But placing my hand over my heart, or pledging allegiance to the thing? No, I concluded that was inappropriate (at least for myself) some time ago.

Bingo. That's the correct attitude to have. Next thing you know, Atlas is going to say "I met with a Chinese person the other day on a vacation to China and when they bowed to me, I refused to bow back. I bow for no man!". God what an imbecile. For someone who pretends to live for symbolism, he sure doesn't know the first thing about self-presentation.

ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 06:00:03 AM

ha ha. he said Atlas. I stand. mainly because mobs kicking my ass don't sound like a good time

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 06:01:29 AM

...which they received, and in their perception of how generations upon generations of people have given their lives and freedoms...

...to agendas and wars that trampled over the constitution, innocent lives, took away powers from individual states and cultures, that put populations into slavery with debt while stifling economic productivity and innovation. All-in-all for bigotry and totalitarianism through which is now the world's centralized military power. Gotcha. I have even more reason not to stand for an anthem, the pledge and the generations of apathetic sheep that have ruined our world.

Both of my grandfather's served in the military. My great-great-grandfather lost his leg in the Civil War. Yes, I find their efforts a waste but I do value them for who they are.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 06:10:41 AM

To agendas and wars that trampled over the constitution,
To wars that we fought with the British to gain our freedoms and rights.

innocent lives,
and the lives of horrible child raping, murderous dogs who would otherwise roam our streets if it weren't for the police

took away powers from individual states and cultures,
And gave us the right to vote and do anything we want to change the system in numbers

putting populations into slavery with debt
and doing everything possible to stand up against going into more debt while keeping our country safe and organizing the systems people like your parents voted to be created and maintained at any cost

while stifling economic productivity and innovation.
Assembly line. Automotive industry. Silicon valley. Airline industry. Microchip industry. Foods industry. Service industry. The largest country of startups in the world.

Gotcha. I have ever more reason not to stand for an anthem, the pledge and the generations of apathetic sheep that have ruined our world.

You know what's worse than sheep? Idiots who don't know their history. When you speak about America, you too easily discount the past 250 years. You're a Ron Paul fan, and yet he is part of the system as well. You can't be against America if you're for saving it, you just have to be against yourself for not saving it-- which you're not...at all...even in the slightest...trying to do. That makes you a retarded, loud mouthed sheep.

EDIT: When are you out of high school so you can run for office? When will you finally not be a worthless drudge on society and actually start doing something with your passions? Are you planning on being a loudmouthed soapboxer your entire life because "the system is corrupt"? Planning on terrorist attacks to "shake things up"? The only thing you'll ever do is keep taking money from your parents, continue to speak about something way beyond your age in noticeable immature, and continue to make yourself stand out in a bad way. You really aren't going to have a productive life nor a very successful one. The only people who listen to the crap you speak are the ones interested in using a pawn to do their extremist dirty work. I look forward to ejecting you without a parachute when you try to blow up my plane because "Bitcoin" and "down with America because they don't accept Bitcoin".

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 06:15:10 AM

The original revolution and its respective maintenance were the only wars worth fighting in my book. I don't see benefits coming from anything else.

The right to vote on a federal level is more of a ball-and-chain than a freedom. It allows the many to rob the few and the property holders through a centralized regime. How lovely?

The problem is "the system". There needs to be many systems with various rules of conduct according to their respective cultures.

There is no America. It is a spook. It represents nothing. Cultures do not go that far. Startups, industry and all else can only be represented by the genuinely affected parties.

I support Ron Paul because he represents my goal of dismantling the entire Federal Government. He is not a part of the system; he is against it and so am I.

I am for many different systems for many different people.

One rule respects nobody but its rulers.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 06:25:02 AM

The original revolution was the only worth fighting in my book. I don't see the benefits to come from anything else.
Guess what-- when you pledge allegiance to the flag (the one that was created back then), you are in fact giving honor to those who died fighting in the original revolution. Nobody pledges allegiance to the flag for current activities. Has anyone ever done that in the history of the USA? Have you ever heard a President say, "Now let's take a moment to remember what I just did just now. Please stand and put your hand over your heart to address me the way I should be"? You're delusional (big surprise).

The right to vote on a federal level is more of a ball-and-chain than a freedom.
Yes, rights are balls and chains. Having the ability to change things creates responsibility doesn't it. Isn't it great how that works? Why don't you try taking some responsibility for the America that you aren't helping to change asshole and stop blaming it on everyone else while you play TF2 with your parents money?

It allows the many to rob the few and the property holders through a centralized regime. How lovely?
Voting is robbing now?  Roll Eyes

The problem is "the system". There needs to be many systems with various rules of conduct according to their respective cultures.
Cultures are based on systems, idiot. If the problem is "the system", then the problem is effectively "culture".

There is no America.
Oh okay, I was wondering what the symbols on my passport mean, the taxes I pay, the benefits I receive, the responsibilities I share, and the men and women who work hard to keep people happy, healthy and sane on middle North American region. Usually we just call it "America". You can make up new definitions if you'd like (it seems to be the only way you have to win an argument).

I support Ron Paul because he represents my goal of dismantling the entire Federal Government. He is not a part of the system; he is against it and so am I.
Lies. Ron Paul loves the system. He is the most pro-constitution elective since the founding fathers. He doesn't want to dismantle the system, he wants to reassign responsibilities in a way that allows freedoms to be properly given with choice. Also, as a Doctor, he is against abortion. He would make it illegal if he could. By that alone, he is "evil" and "against your freedoms and liberties". Go back to school tomorrow and ask your libertarian teacher the answer to the next question so we can continue this.

I am for many different systems for many different people.
Good! That's the first interesting thing you've said in this entire thread. Lead with that next time.

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 06:29:06 AM

The Constitution allows for the states to secede.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 06:37:13 AM

The Constitution allows for the states to secede.

Sure does! And some have even considered it! But the negative impact on the citizens (who ideally wouldn't want to lose the communist benefits of the Federal government supporting them in times that their own production, manufacturing, etc isn't doing so hot) has kept them from ever going through with it.

Personally, I think Ron Paul has the right idea. Minimize the federal government influence. The thing is, even then people like you won't be happy because you'll say "This state is corrupt!" instead of "This country is corrupt!" because you're a loudmouth who doesn't get any actual work done. In that case though, I truly hope you move out of the USA ASAP so you can find a country that requires no effort to maintain and still produces wealth around the clock without a single threat of invasion.
 Roll Eyes

Stardust

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:06:27 AM

From all the countries I went to school, only the USA has this pledge of allegiance nonsense. Not even Nazi Germany had this nonsense. Maybe only North Korea.

This goes for flags too, outside the US, you don't see normal people hoisting up flags of their country.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:13:16 AM

From all the countries I went to school, only the USA has this pledge of allegiance nonsense. Not even Nazi Germany had this nonsense. Maybe only North Korea.

This goes for flags too, outside the US, you don't see normal people hoisting up flags of their country.

As ridiculous as the concept may seem, many Americans regardless of their reasoning, feel proud to be a part of a country that has single handedly proven that freedoms and democracy are possible. There is no country like America on earth, for the good or the bad.

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:17:32 AM

In Hong Kong, you can get a business permit in less than one day. America is a different story.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:27:11 AM

In Hong Kong, you can get a business permit in less than one day. America is a different story.

Do you know how small Hong Kong is? You can do the same in most small countries.

It's interesting you think Hong Kong is mildly fair or nice in comparison to the USA. Did you not know that people regularly clip their toenails on the subways, that the pollution is unbearable and that you are fined HK$1500 for spitting?

Like I said, the only way your points ever work for you is when you redefine things the way you want or selectively choose supporting points only. This is a true sign of someone without any understanding of society.

Stardust

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:29:02 AM

As ridiculous as the concept may seem, many Americans regardless of their reasoning, feel proud to be a part of a country that has single handedly proven that freedoms and democracy are possible. There is no country like America on earth, for the good or the bad.

If America is that great why are you in South Korea?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:33:22 AM

I'd also like to point out that the type of business directly affects the tome required to register. Ask Zhou Tong if he can get a permit for Bitcoinica in a day. We all know its more like 6 months.

If America is that great why are you in South Korea?

I've mentioned numerous times on these forums that I do not agree with the way America is being run into the ground in recent years. My reasons for being in South Korea though are entirely superficial. I'm an oppurtunist with yellow fever. I was destined for Asia.

Lazer

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:48:19 AM

In fact before WWII, US schools used to do the Pledge with a Nazi-looking Roman salute

bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 12:00:28 PM

I think Boss is atlas (sorry if wrong boss). Anyway, I hold many similar opinions (flag worship behavior is creepy, going to church is creepy, etc)... but it is important to understand the value of an opinion. Opinions are like assholes right??

Do something and show you are productive, then people will take you seriously. If you haven't (or fail to succeed at) proving your worth, expect to be treated like an asshole.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: