Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 07:31:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: House prices  (Read 1671 times)
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:17:13 PM

It's pretty sick that as a member of the European Union it's nearly impossable to even afford to rent (not even own, rent) a home with a moderate wage. Not even a big home either, just a crappy 1 bed 1 bath type of home is already terribly expensive.

Have you tried getting a job?

The problem is even a decent job is barely enough to rent a shared student apartment. That's just ridiculous. It's close to impossable for a single person to rent a home on a regular income.

I need to live in Hampshire for my training to become air traffic controller, and during the training you get only £12.000 annually plus £60 per week for expenses. Now try finding a home for that price, while leaving yourself enough cash for food and clothes.

After I finished training wages would become better but even than housing would require a big cut out of my salary. It's just insane how a few decades ago you could buy a home for about 3 times your annual income and now you can barely even rent a home even when you spent your entire income on just rent.

Im looking at living in a motorhome or on a boat.  Fed up with renting, dont want to buy at these prices. 

If i was single i would just live in a converted van, the freedom and money saved is awesome - see youtube.

I rent a detached house now in a nice area and i will be glad to be rid of it.  High maintenance, high cost, rubbish.   

yeah, motorhomes aren't even that bad.. it just has a bad reputation since people refer to them as "trailer trash." thes ones that i have seen weren't that bad really.

You would still have the issue of needing a place to park it while sleeping, eating, and the like. IMO motor homes are the worst of both the renting and owing world of homes.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: