Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:58:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a loan. Have collateral  (Read 4732 times)
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:10:31 PM

Just so people are aware, because there is some interest in this, I have funded 70 coins to Milkman39.

I have a variety of information requested and provided and potentially a very nice watch.

But, did you get the watch first? Like in: before sending him the 70 BTC?

I can collect at my leisure if I need to, either in person or by proxy. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:17:45 PM

For future reference, I know a pawn shop that would be delighted to make you a loan against a verifiable Tag, up to 50% of the current resale value, terms 30 days at 5% monthly juice, extendable by mutual agreement up to one year. For credentials you can check out Pawn Queens on the Discovery Channel. You deal not with the Queens, but the guys behind the scenes that actually own the place.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:21:28 PM

Hmmm, I'm kind of impressed that this semi-mundane thread has attracted LoupGaroux.

As to the DiscoChannel show, only seen the ads.
Milkman39 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:46:14 PM

Really? That would be nice to know for the future but I am not interested at this time. I have had my needs met by Patrick.

Thanks
slider1978

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:47:35 PM

Just so people are aware, because there is some interest in this, I have funded 70 coins to Milkman39.

I have a variety of information requested and provided and potentially a very nice watch.

I don't mind being your "muscle" on the east coast, NY is only an hour away   Grin
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 09:21:17 PM

I don't mind being your "muscle" on the east coast, NY is only an hour away   Grin

Milkman39 (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 03:13:56 AM

I am not going to default. I swear on it. I would not have given all my personal information to default. Sorry not my style. I work hard for what I have and have always paid all my bills.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 03:34:27 AM

Hmmm, I'm kind of impressed that this semi-mundane thread has attracted LoupGaroux.

I was actually kind of touched by the genuine approach. And I am a fan of hockey at all levels, so Milkman brought out my softer side.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 03:48:26 AM

I was actually kind of touched by the genuine approach. And I am a fan of hockey at all levels, so Milkman brought out my softer side.

Well, I think we both want a happy ending.  Not sure who the great hockey goalies are, but maybe the kid will go far.  (shrug - don't know, maybe he'll just enjoy the game)
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 04:49:47 AM

It smells like Rexcoin in here!
Milkman39 (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:40:44 PM

Is rexcoin another coin that failed or something? I don't understand.

Also the great hockey goalie would be Patrick Roy, Dominik Hasek, Jaques Plante, Grant Furr, Martin Brodeur, and many others. I to am hoping he grows up into a professional. You never know. Patrick Kane is from my area. Notable american goalies right now are Tim Thomas, and Ryan Miller. We are behind in goaltending in the americas.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:42:53 PM

Also the great hockey goalie would be Patrick Roy, Dominik Hasek, Jaques Plante, Grant Furr, Martin Brodeur, and many others. I to am hoping he grows up into a professional. You never know. Patrick Kane is from my area. Notable american goalies right now are Tim Thomas, and Ryan Miller. We are behind in goaltending in the americas.

I love it when newbies show themselves by talking like veterans. It really blows their cover so bad.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:58:25 PM

Yeah, it was the cryptocurrency dinosaurs used till they got extinct
Milkman39 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 08:22:20 PM

How is it that I blew my cover. I never claimed to be a super veteran. I am sorry that I do not know the names of all the other crypto-currencies out there. There have been quite a few. I now see that he is a scammer on this board. Sorry that I did not search it before I spoke.

On a side note today is the first day of hockey for my son. I am super excited. He is even more bouncing off the walls because he got to pick out his new equipment. Again thanks to Patrick he was able to do this. I am so happy there are still good people in this world.

I will let you know how everything goes tonight. Hope he gets the starting job lol. He should we have been practicing since he got his new stuff.

Milkman39
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 05:39:31 PM

Milkman :  Just a matter of interest - how did you get the BTC to fiat to sport store so fast?
Everyone is always complaing about the time it takes back and forth through the exchanges...

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 05:43:11 PM

Milkman :  Just a matter of interest - how did you get the BTC to fiat to sport store so fast?
Everyone is always complaing about the time it takes back and forth through the exchanges...
Oh snap!
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 08:36:18 PM

Is there anywhere where you can bet on which loans default?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 08:42:39 PM

Is there anywhere where you can bet on which loans default?

Now that would be an awesome site.  In the meantime you can use http://betsofbitco.in/ they accept bets on just about anything.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 09:24:30 PM

I suspect betting on loan default might provide some people with an advantage. 

Referring to some of the above comments:
 - yes they are new and never claimed knowledge of rexcoin - Matthew and Psy appear to have missed the mark with their responses.
 - it is possible to convert coins to cash fairly quickly, but it wasn't claimed that he actually did.  Maybe they went to the store with a credit card.
 - I still find it "interesting" that people are always looking for the bad in every deal that occurs, often when working with a very small amount of information.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 07:39:07 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2012, 07:57:18 AM by farfiman

- it is possible to convert coins to cash fairly quickly, but it wasn't claimed that he actually did.  Maybe they went to the store with a credit card.

Of course he could have, but then he could have done it anyway without signing up to a forum, practically lay his life story in front of everybody, ask for a small amount of bitcoin, read and answer a bunch of replies from skeptical (rightfully so) people etc etc...

I'm not saying that this is a scam. Don't forget I wrote this:
If this works out there is still hope for humanity.....

I wasn't being sarcastic. I do believe there are good people and maybe just this time two managed to connect (the milkman and patrick).

But after I was burned on my very first loan here -and I admit I did no checking, I trusted the judgement of  veteran lenders here- Every deal here looks suspect to me. I would be very happy to see this loan work and restore a certain amount of trust in people.....

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: