Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:09:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a new pool  (Read 3229 times)
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 11:28:40 AM

I'm looking to switch away form bitcoins.lc (aka bitlc.net) as it is too bug ridden for my liking as any other day now a new issue crops up.I'm looking for a pool that gives me the most BTC from my efforts (whatever payment system does this I'm interested in)

I don't mind having to use a rather large pool if need be but fees must be very low or free (Deepbit charges a fee but offers a lot more than my pool).All I care about is a straightforward pool that is generally reliable that pays me the most for my efforts (400MHash/s).

P2P pool is not an option as I've heard complaints of people getting less for their hashes than a traditional pool as well as a complex setup (Shouldn't take more than creating a user account and setting up your worker and be done,anything more is a definate no-no)

I'm open to most types of offers (including refferals providing that they give me something in return for following them) from users of other pools that have had a relatively trouble free experience.

Thanks

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ryannathans

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 12:10:37 PM

Try ozcoin, it uses a DGM payment system.

They typically average 500mhash/s, the other day past 1.4Thash/s

Here's a payout comparison with PPS.

http://ozco.in/content/share-payout-comparison-bitcoin
Jine

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 12:48:53 PM

Sorry to hear about you've having issues with our pool.
We're currently working on the reward calculation as you've reported earlier.

It's down due to blockexplorer.com is down (stupid me based the calculation on their API)

Working on a fix for that currently.

--
Regards, Jim
Bit LC Inc.

Previous founder of Bit LC Inc. | I've always loved the idea of bitcoin.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 01:25:06 PM

I've checked out ozcoin and this appears to pay more than typical PPS pools.Am I reading this right? I'll consider that as my backup pool.Looks good though :-)

Update:I've got it up and running quite quickly.Works like a charm ozcoin.How to setup backup pool in GUIminer? Thanks.

Jine

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 01:30:04 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM by Jine

... just to update my previous post in here.
The fix for the reward calculation is now pushed to production.

We wrote a few lines python to help convert between difficulty and hextarget.

EDIT: Just to be 100% clear - the issue was affecting the estimate calculation, it was showing 0 BTC / 24h instead of the real value, cause it used blockexplorer.com for that estimate calculation.

Everything else was working perfectly fine.
The issue was not in our system, but that the fact that blockexplorer.com is down.

--
Regards, Jim
Bit LC Inc.

film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 01:33:45 PM

--
Regards, Jim
Bit LC Inc.

When this fix is applied will this mean that my backlogged BTC will be paid,Jine?

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 02:40:53 PM

I've checked out ozcoin and this appears to pay more than typical PPS pools.Am I reading this right? I'll consider that as my backup pool.Looks good though :-)

Update:I've got it up and running quite quickly.Works like a charm ozcoin.How to setup backup pool in GUIminer? Thanks.

Welcome film2240
Great to hear setup is easy Smiley
The graph displays pps rewared by difficulty.
Since the move to DGM we have been lucky, the graph is accurate, but obviously I cannot forcast future luck Smiley (I can hope it continues though) Cheesy
Best
Graeme

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Jine

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 03:20:21 PM

--
Regards, Jim
Bit LC Inc.

When this fix is applied will this mean that my backlogged BTC will be paid,Jine?

Hi!

Hang on for a moment there, backlogged BTC?
The only issue was that the estimate was offline (ie showing 0.0 BTC / 24h), the block detection and crediting of funds have worked perfectly all the time!

--
Regards, Jim
Bit LC Inc.

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 04:43:56 PM

I'm looking to switch away form bitcoins.lc (aka bitlc.net) as it is too bug ridden for my liking as any other day now a new issue crops up.I'm looking for a pool that gives me the most BTC from my efforts (whatever payment system does this I'm interested in)

I don't mind having to use a rather large pool if need be but fees must be very low or free (Deepbit charges a fee but offers a lot more than my pool).All I care about is a straightforward pool that is generally reliable that pays me the most for my efforts (400MHash/s).

P2P pool is not an option as I've heard complaints of people getting less for their hashes than a traditional pool as well as a complex setup (Shouldn't take more than creating a user account and setting up your worker and be done,anything more is a definate no-no)

I'm open to most types of offers (including refferals providing that they give me something in return for following them) from users of other pools that have had a relatively trouble free experience.

Thanks

1- P2Pool
2- EclipseMC
3- http://mmpool.bitparking.com/
Ex

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 05:09:21 PM

film2240
oh yeah i used to mine at bitcoins.lc too, however, it was easy, nice and bug-free, so the main reason for me to switch was the pool hoppers. Uhm and this:

We DO support PS2H and I've been in contact with Gavin for the past month regarding this, we also discovered a bug in the P2SH backports
i was like.. wtf are we going to support?
So yeah, i ended up mining at EclipseMC since they are providing a choice what to support. Though, yesterdays outage forced me to look for a backup pool too
redditorrex

Activity: 280

Nom Nom Nom

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 05:42:55 PM

Thanks

Mt.Red has some extra space.

Reddit Mining Team - MtRed.com = Pure PPS + #00GH/s + LP(+) + AutoPay&InstaPay + Audio Notifications
Find us in #mtred @ irc.freenode.net
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 05:57:21 PM

film2240
oh yeah i used to mine at bitcoins.lc too, however, it was easy, nice and bug-free, so the main reason for me to switch was the pool hoppers. Uhm and this:

We DO support PS2H and I've been in contact with Gavin for the past month regarding this, we also discovered a bug in the P2SH backports
i was like.. wtf are we going to support?
So yeah, i ended up mining at EclipseMC since they are providing a choice what to support. Though, yesterdays outage forced me to look for a backup pool too

Thanks for all the offers guys.Thanks for helping me understand why pool hoppers are a real problem (when people hop pools,it slows things down for the rest of the pool I think because mid way the speed dips massively=longer rounds and users cheated out of BTC). I'm now a convert from Proportional to a PPS like model now.This way if my computers crash,the submitted shares so far wil always be credited whereas in proportional you won't get anything or much for the entire round (depending on what you worked on before)

Keep the offer rolling as I'm still trying out new pools. :-) My top fave so far is ozcoin.in but I'm sure there are others that I've not yet discovered or heard of.

cheat_2_win

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:01:30 PM

If you are willing to believe what other people are saying without trying it out yourself, there is nothing I can do. But try P2pool out. You will start wondering why you didn't move to P2pool earlier.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 08:25:18 PM

If you are willing to believe what other people are saying without trying it out yourself, there is nothing I can do. But try P2pool out. You will start wondering why you didn't move to P2pool earlier.
I appreciate your enthusiasm for P2 pool but from what I've seen with the setup guide,sounds too complex than simply creating a user account on a pools website. When I have the chance,P2Pool will be tested.Please link me to the setup guide and what P2Pools all about ok so I can learn about it. If p2pool is as straightforward as what I requested earlier in my original post,then it's great,if it takes tweaking settings I don't understand then I'll pass.

stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:33:55 PM

If you wanna just get your feet wet, start with deepbit.  It's not like you're getting married or anything.  You can join any of the pools and switch among them as you like.

I started with deepbit because it was very easy to set up and monitor.  The server is very reliable.

If you use proportional the fee is 3%.  If you use PPS the fee is 10%.  Obviously using proportional has more daily variation in payout but on average you come out ahead.  For instance I have a 200 Mh/sec setup; some days I made 0.10 BTC and others I made 0.16 BTC.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 08:38:57 PM

If you wanna just get your feet wet, start with deepbit.  It's not like you're getting married or anything.  You can join any of the pools and switch among them as you like.

I started with deepbit because it was very easy to set up and monitor.  The server is very reliable.

If you use proportional the fee is 3%.  If you use PPS the fee is 10%.  Obviously using proportional has more daily variation in payout but on average you come out ahead.  For instance I have a 200 Mh/sec setup; some days I made 0.10 BTC and others I made 0.16 BTC.
Thanks for the deepbit suggestion.I'll try that out as well to test.They usually have a record of being solid and not bug ridden so I'll give it a go.10% fee seems high for PPS but does that stabilise payments on blocks with poor luck or something? (so I can understand)

stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:43:45 PM

If you choose PPS your daily payment will be almost exactly same all the time.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 08:45:49 PM

Testing out Deepbit now.setup is straight forward.A big plus is the more miners there are in a pool,the faster the payouts will be.Only 1 minor quibble is the worker name is <my email address>_<worker name>.Is there a way to change that? Why is that on Deepbit? I have access to refresh balance on GUIMiner.Very useful

DeepBit
Donator

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

We have cookies

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 08:51:12 PM

Thanks for the deepbit suggestion.I'll try that out as well to test.They usually have a record of being solid and not bug ridden so I'll give it a go.10% fee seems high for PPS but does that stabilise payments on blocks with poor luck or something? (so I can understand)
Yes, but there is no so much luck involved with such a big pool.
If you are going to mine for days, your luck will be close to expected anyway, so you can mine in Proportional mode with lower fee.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net ~ 3600 GH/s, Both payment schemes, instant payout, no invalid blocks !
Coming soon: ICBIT Trading platform
DeepBit
Donator

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

We have cookies

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 08:53:03 PM

Only 1 minor quibble is the worker name is <my email address>_<worker name>.Is there a way to change that? Why is that on Deepbit?
What's wrong with it ?
AFAIR all mining software supports such names just fine.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net ~ 3600 GH/s, Both payment schemes, instant payout, no invalid blocks !
Coming soon: ICBIT Trading platform
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: