Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:06:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to check BTC balance?  (Read 1644 times)
lpn209 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:35:32 AM

I am currently locked out of my blockchain.info account, as a result of the site going down earlier today, 2FA email was not sending a code and I entered the last code I received at the point of signing out from the site yesterday, I get two codes, one when I login and the other when I log out for some reason, so used that old code from yesterday thinking it was a new one, which it wasn't.

Tried a few time and have now been locked out for a few hours.

I know I'll get my access back to the site, however is there anywhere at the moment I can check my BTC balance apart from blockchain.info while I am locked out of my account and waiting for it to be restored?

Thanks

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 11:37:02 AM

If you know your addresses you could check them out on other Blockchain Explorers like Blockr.io.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
lpn209 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:41:41 AM

If you know your addresses you could check them out on other Blockchain Explorers like Blockr.io.

Thank you  Smiley
Coinsera

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:46:04 AM

Hello

You should contact admin or info of blockchain.info but before check if it is temporary locked or permanentely locked.

Thanks
lpn209 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:48:21 AM

Hello

You should contact admin or info of blockchain.info but before check if it is temporary locked or permanentely locked.

Thanks

I tried to reset everything and login again, and it said to retry in 4 hours?
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:53:58 AM

Or just google your address and itll probably bring up several block explorers.

lpn209 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:54:56 AM

Hello

Thanks

When I try to login on the main screen I get an error message " server returned null guid", then click on the recover wallet link and enter my memonic, it gives me a new login link to click on, which states my account is locked for another hour or so. Just hoping this is temporary
oureptsC

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:55:38 AM

You can check you balance at this website : http://bitref.com/ and If It says to wait 4 hours before trying again, don't worry just wait those 4 hours there is nothing better you can do about it and don't panic checking your balance ect, If you just mistyped It you should be able to access to your bitcoin wallet after those 4 hours, stay calm and wait Smiley

lpn209 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:06:31 PM

You can check you balance at this website : http://bitref.com/ and If It says to wait 4 hours before trying again, don't worry just wait those 4 hours there is nothing better you can do about it and don't panic checking your balance ect, If you just mistyped It you should be able to access to your bitcoin wallet after those 4 hours, stay calm and wait Smiley

Thanks, I checked my address balance and it is all there, just waiting anxiously to get access back to the site. Not a nice feeling when you have a large sum in there, but I know I only have myself to blame for it, so will now go and learn the basics of BTC and make sure I am fully clued up on storage etc.
oureptsC

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:33:47 PM

Thanks, I checked my address balance and it is all there, just waiting anxiously to get access back to the site. Not a nice feeling when you have a large sum in there, but I know I only have myself to blame for it, so will now go and learn the basics of BTC and make sure I am fully clued up on storage etc.

This is the must to do If you have large sum of bitcoins. When It's secured just wait till your bitcoins grow in value and see how "free" cash flows into your pocket Tongue Don't grudge time for taking safety of your money, It will always pay off, I mean you most likely will not lose It and when  people lose you know how bad they feel  Lips sealed

BigMac
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:53:55 PM

If you search "bitcoin block explorer" on google, you should already find at least 4 sites. Smiley

lpn209 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:19:34 PM

This is the must to do If you have large sum of bitcoins. When It's secured just wait till your bitcoins grow in value and see how "free" cash flows into your pocket Tongue Don't grudge time for taking safety of your money, It will always pay off, I mean you most likely will not lose It and when  people lose you know how bad they feel  Lips sealed

That is true. You can't put a price on peace of mind. When I first received the btc for my business, I was wanting to transfer them into cash right away. After having read this forum, seen the price hike in the past few years, I think I'll stick onto them and see where it leads. Paper money is going nowhere very quickly, so this doesn't seem like a bad investment.

Mudd

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:32:24 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 02:36:25 PM by Mudd

If you have a wallet back up you can just input it into a desktop client and then you're good to go.

1E3UT9eVi5MobByYwwfTcQh6RbXBbQjyyD
lpn209 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:34:49 PM

Blockchain.info wallet restored and backup made  Smiley  Those guys offer a brilliant service, considering it is free!
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 05:17:33 AM

I am currently locked out of my blockchain.info account, as a result of the site going down earlier today, 2FA email was not sending a code and I entered the last code I received at the point of signing out from the site yesterday, I get two codes, one when I login and the other when I log out for some reason, so used that old code from yesterday thinking it was a new one, which it wasn't.

Tried a few time and have now been locked out for a few hours.

I know I'll get my access back to the site, however is there anywhere at the moment I can check my BTC balance apart from blockchain.info while I am locked out of my account and waiting for it to be restored?

Thanks

I always use blockchain.info to check address balances. You can check from the homepage or by going to blockchain.info/address/<bitcoin address>

You can also use blockexplorer.com

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: