Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:01:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ***Qora is first to implement voting in a crypto currency***  (Read 1682 times)
gorillajam (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:33:15 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 09:50:11 AM by gorillajam

Qora is the first Cryptocurrency to implement a proper user defined voting system. Another proof that Qora developer is a genius and ahead of the competition if we ever needed it.

An historic event possibly in Democratic history?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg7331119#msg7331119

The first Offical vote will be on Qora's next implmented functions, users can choose between various ones including Asset Exchange and Anonymity.

IMPORTANT: Not upgrading to this version before 25 June 5PM GMT will make your client fork
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522102.msg7368777#msg7368777

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:52:49 PM

Looking forward for our fist vote inside the system!!

This coin has a bright future Smiley Smiley Smiley

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:57:21 PM

Looking forward for our fist vote inside the system!!

This coin has a bright future Smiley Smiley Smiley

Sure does. I still have to get my head around that fact Qora is doing stuff that NXT has yet to implement after months with all its teams of developers. And he did it like it was nothing!

Not a criticism of NXT of which I'm a fan more a big up of Qora as a developer.

drippx

Activity: 539
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:58:42 PM

I think you should update your post, the first one to implement voting in crypto currency is Talkcoin TAC https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=619210.0
jztxeno

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:02:48 PM

Nothing to special but still an improvement.
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:04:32 PM

I think you should update your post, the first one to implement voting in crypto currency is Talkcoin TAC https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=619210.0

I carefully worded my post. Qora is the first to implement 'user generated' voting in a full and 'proper' way.

I respect that other coins have had a set voting built into their wallet/coin a one off ability to vote on one thing like block time etc but that is a big difference to what we are talking about here.

The voting system here could be used for political decisions, or major decisions in society etc. its potential is actually massive!

gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:07:57 PM

Nothing to special but still an improvement.

For those of us that see crypto as bigger than just money but more a society changer its potentially a game changer. Your kids I predict will be voting in their leaders or whether they enter a war etc on systems like this in the future I'm sure.

This is the growing development of a decentralized society.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:10:06 PM

Smiley can't wait till the 25th

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:25:21 PM

Qora is the first Cryptocurrency to implement a proper user defined proper voting system. Another proof that Qora developer is a genius and ahead of the competition if we ever needed it.

The first Offical vote will be on Qora's next implmented functions, users can choose between various ones including Asset Exchange and Anonymity.

IMPORTANT: Qora users must update wallets to v9 before 25th June or they will make your client fork.

"or they will make your client fork"

means?

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:32:41 PM

Qora is the first Cryptocurrency to implement a proper user defined proper voting system. Another proof that Qora developer is a genius and ahead of the competition if we ever needed it.

IMPORTANT: Qora users must update wallets to v9 before 25th June or they will make your client fork.

"or they will make your client fork"

means?

I paraphrased "Not upgrading to this version before 25 June 5PM GMT will make your client fork"    I'll change it. My mistake, sounds like someone will make it fork. Grin

gorillajam (OP)

win

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:06:15 PM

5 days to update Qora wallet.

stormwarrior

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:23:51 AM

it look great.. Wink
Woot Manor

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:26:47 AM

This does sound really interesting. Something to watch?  Wink
Jean Bax

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:37:38 AM

Talkcoin did it first. And they will add more voting stuff.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:46:23 AM

Talkcoin did it first. And they will add more voting stuff.

I think that th3y differ in implementation, correct me if i am wrong

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:56:05 AM

Can't wait to try it! I have 6 coins Grin nobody's selling cheaper, so I'll just use those little ones to enforce democracy Cheesy
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:24:27 AM

10 wallets = 10 votes?

How to protect against multiple voting?
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:52:42 AM

Working line a charm  Smiley

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

jztxeno

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:59:09 AM

https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_qora

only @40sat
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:16:13 PM

Why has there been such little up trend in Qora? I've been watching it passively on polo there and I'm not sure what to think of it. I would expect it to be a more popular coin considering the features and the promises. But it's not really. Why is that? Too much selling presser/over supply or is there very little interest and buys?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: