Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:27:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your favorite movie to code to?  (Read 1039 times)
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:50:03 PM

After that, I'll allow you to code with the movie playing on your third screen.

Oh thank you, Master! May I drink a soda while I do so, or must it be Evian? Roll Eyes

You may drink whatever you wish.
Your benevolence knows no bounds.

Thank you. Which of my movie recommendations are you going to start with first (with drink in hand)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 11:58:04 PM

Which of my movie recommendations are you going to start with first (with drink in hand)?
What makes you think your advice carries any weight with me?

The fact is, they're all horribe movies to code to. You admit yourself that they require a decent amount of attention.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:03:48 AM

Which of my movie recommendations are you going to start with first (with drink in hand)?

The answer to the question can be answered logically through a series of questions.

Question #1: Is 2001: A Space Odyssey a movie worth watching (assuming you've seen it properly, or seen it at all, in it's 2.35:1 aspect ratio on a reasonably sized screen)?

The fact is, they're all horribe movies to code to. You admit yourself that they require a decent amount of attention.

They do require attention.
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:13:00 AM

2001 space oddesy, matrix, hackers, cloud atlas, iron man, quantum of solace, book of eli, tron 1 and legecy Smiley
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 12:13:53 AM

The answer to the question can be answered logically through a series of questions.
No need for all of that. You're a pretentious ass. Your opinion carries exactly zero weight with me.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:22:28 AM

No need for all of that. You're a pretentious ass. Your opinion carries exactly zero weight with me.

It sounds like you're getting all bent out of shape for no reason. It seems you might have trouble distinguishing between someone having fun and someone ordering someone around. What part of "After that, I'll allow you to code with the movie playing on your third screen" do you actually take as a command that needs be obeyed?

The takeaway: you're letting your own animosities get in the away of experiencing new cinema. In a sense, you've given me power over you - I need merely recommend anything excellent and know that your life experience will be lessened because you refuse to take an interest in something new precisely because I recommended it.

Imagine if you hadn't read some works by Neal Stephenson. I could recommend Cryptonomicon, and you'd refuse to read it on the grounds of me recommending it. Sad.

If you'd actually answer the question (about 2001) and follow through with subsequent questions posed to you, you might see exactly how you're missing out because of your stubborn attitude.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 12:26:40 AM

If you'd actually answer the question (about 2001) and follow through with subsequent questions posed to you, you might see exactly how you're missing out because of your stubborn attitude.
I'm not missing out on anything. As I said, your opinion carries zero weight with me. Not positive, not negative. Zero.

FirstAscent

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:33:37 AM

I'm not missing out on anything. As I said, your opinion carries zero weight with me. Not positive, not negative. Zero.

Whenever you claim that the content of someone else's statements are of zero significance, you are in effect plugging your ears, which is your choice. In such cases, you actually can't attach any merit one way or another to the information flow passing by your ears, and thus you will remain completely ignorant of what you might be missing. Thus, you cannot make the claim that you're not missing out on anything.

So in effect, you neither know whether you're missing out on anything, and to boot, your statement is logically fallacious.

Happy ignorance to you.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 12:48:28 AM

Happy ignorance to you.

Seeing as how it's ignorance of your opinion, yes, it is indeed quite happy.

But all is not lost, little shmuckling! You can convince me your opinion is worth listening to. It won't be easy, given how hard you have worked over the years to convince me otherwise. But it can be done. The first step is to convince me you're not a total douche-bag. Stuff like "After that, I'll allow you to code with the movie playing on your third screen" acts contrary to that goal, btw.

Good luck! Kiss

FirstAscent

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 01:00:13 AM

Happy ignorance to you.

Seeing as how it's ignorance of your opinion, yes, it is indeed quite happy.

But all is not lost, little shmuckling! You can convince me your opinion is worth listening to. It won't be easy, given how hard you have worked over the years to convince me otherwise. But it can be done. The first step is to convince me you're not a total douche-bag. Stuff like "After that, I'll allow you to code with the movie playing on your third screen" acts contrary to that goal, btw.

Good luck! Kiss

Ummm...

You can take whatever you wish out of a post. It's up to you.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 05:54:41 AM

If you would all get off this forum and start coding you'd be finished by now.

I like Hair the Musical or A Clockwork Orange. Rocky Horror Picture Show if I'm really stuck on one Java line and I can't invoke class.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 06:00:51 AM

Rocky Horror Picture Show if I'm really stuck on one Java line and I can't invoke class.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: