Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:12:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I start to accept bitcoins for payment on website?  (Read 614 times)
niknak (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 10:09:07 PM

Hello,

I've spent a few hours or so reading about bitcoins, and browsing the forum here, and have heard a lot said in the media (who hasn't). That's the extent of my knowledge.

I want to be able to accept bitcoins online as a payment option. I'm a sole trader in the UK. I don't know how that translates to US terminology but basically it means I'm self employed and sell my (internet-related) services directly to customers (small businesses in my case).

I don't want to get into mining or too much of the technical details underlying how bitcoins work, I just want to be able to use them as a merchant as if they were cash or some other form of payment.

Obviously I will want to spend some of that income either directly in bitcoin form or by converting into GBP / USD as appropriate, and most likely hold some in bitcoin form.

But my question here is, how to I go from zero to starting to accept bitcoins as payment - preferably with minimal transaction cost?

Pointers to practical "getting started with bitcoin as a merchant" info on the internet will be gratefully received.

It just hasn't clicked with me yet how to get started!

(If it involves a bit of coding to set things up, that's fine - I'm reasonably proficient technically.)

Maybe bitcointalk isn't the place for this? Any suggestions as to where I should look to get off the ground?

(I'm generally not a clueless person. But I'm feeling a bit clueless right now!)

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
retweeting

Activity: 58
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 10:18:49 PM

Bitcointalk is definitely the best place to ask this question. U may like to check http://re.2et.in where I am accepting Bitcoin to sell virtual credit.

You may check for details of Bitcoin payment here => https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_accept_Bitcoin,_for_small_businesses

For coding help, u may PM me.
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 10:55:39 PM

Bitpay is remarkably cheap for any small to mid-sized business. You may consider checking them out. As a customer, Bitpay invoices generally work very, very smoothly.

JohnFromWIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:07:34 PM

Coinbase offers this service. Sign-up as a merchant and you can add a pay with bitcoin button to your website. They cover the rest.
Real simple and, I think, free.

niknak (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:18:47 PM

Bitcointalk is definitely the best place to ask this question. U may like to check http://re.2et.in where I am accepting Bitcoin to sell virtual credit.

You may check for details of Bitcoin payment here => https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_accept_Bitcoin,_for_small_businesses

For coding help, u may PM me.

Thanks retweeting. What you've got there looks an interesting too.

Think I can't see the wood for the trees - I looked at en.bitcoin.it and don't know how I missed that the page you suggested was what I was looking for.

Late here now so I'll get back to checking stuff out tomorrow.
niknak (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:37:08 PM

Bitpay is remarkably cheap for any small to mid-sized business. You may consider checking them out. As a customer, Bitpay invoices generally work very, very smoothly.

Coinbase offers this service. Sign-up as a merchant and you can add a pay with bitcoin button to your website. They cover the rest.
Real simple and, I think, free.

Thanks for these, CEG5952 and JohnFromWIT. I'll be checking them out when I get up in the morning.

This (and the previous response I replied to before) are exactly the type of answers I was hoping for - gives me a good starting point to work from.

I'd seen so much when searching around earlier - bit overwhelmed really and not knowing what the respected names were and what might be suspect - it's still like a new world to me.
Dannie
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:04:40 AM

+1 for bitpay.

With the "Starter" plan, it will only cost you 1% transaction fee and no monthly fee. https://bitpay.com/pricing

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: