Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:23:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fury/Blizzard tuning and mods  (Read 115219 times)
jekv2

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:57:41 PM

Newb here mainly just wondering what type of power supply I should get for my Fury.

any psu will do.

But I wouldn't go out and buy a badass expensive one just for one fury. Like I had 6 gridseeds already, bought a evga 750 G2 because of what the gridseeds pull with volt mod, 24-25 watts + my fury, I have room for one more fury or 3 more gridseeds.

Something like this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339020
+12V Rails
    Single

PCI-Express Connector
    1 x 6-Pin

&

http://www.gawminers.com/products/barrel-tip-power-cable-6-pin-pcie-to-3-x-2-1mm-for-gridseed/

SHould do you fine for the one fury.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sethnintendo

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:06:27 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 08:17:42 PM by sethnintendo

Thanks for the input jekv2.  I was actually looking at that barrel tip power cable earlier this week.  Has all good reviews on it except one which semi scared me.

"One of the connections causes my gridseed to spark...
Gawminers did offer to replace it...
I would still buy from them
what can I say Sh#t happens..."

Defective products happen and it seems to be only one person (who cared to review which usually the people with bad experiences review products more than ones with good experiences) so far who had issues with the cable.  Also, the cable would be perfect for me since I'm about to go to 3 Furies.  
jekv2

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:30:41 PM

Thanks for the input jekv2.  I was actually looking at that barrel tip power cable earlier this week.  Has all good reviews on it except one which semi scared me.

Defective products happen and it seems to be only one person (who cared to review which usually the people with bad experiences review products more than ones with good experiences) so far who had issues with the cable.  Also, the cable would be perfect for me since I'm about to go to 3 Furies.  

If you're about to go 3 fury's, you need a power supply that has atleast 4 pcie cables coming from the psu. And rule of thumb, one fury per pcie cable. so I was told. Otherwise you may overload the pcie adapters and psu.

This a basic question I made about the power the pcie pulls.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1495905/evga-supernova-g2-super-flower-leadex-psu#post_22418213

And I am wondering how the hell gaw miners are powering the

http://www.gawminers.com/products/13-mh-s-the-black-widow-by-gaw-miners-asic-scrypt-miner-free-zencontroller-week-8/

off two pcie cables...

http://hoosierminer.com/gawminer-black-widow-unboxing/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Roo_xzT_CDQ

Power Consumption: 450W
nemesio

Activity: 253

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:06:42 PM

If you're about to go 3 fury's, you need a power supply that has atleast 4 pcie cables coming from the psu. And rule of thumb, one fury per pcie cable. so I was told. Otherwise you may overload the pcie adapters and psu.
For PCIe on these you will only want 2-3 fury's per PCIe cable. I'm currently running 3 off of one pci-e

http://www.gawminers.com/products/13-mh-s-the-black-widow-by-gaw-miners-asic-scrypt-miner-free-zencontroller-week-8/

off two pcie cables...

2 Boards, each has it's own power draw, this keeps it within the window of the PCIe capabilities
sandpaper

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:11:21 PM

My blizzard decided yesterday to stop working. It no longer has any accepted shares, but it still seems like it runs ok. CGWatcher shows it at the regular 1.35 MH per second but nothing is ever accepted. I have 3 setup, doing them individually ICA 0 and 1 are fine, ICA 2 is the problem. ICA 2 changes obviously if it's the only one connected to ICA 0, I have tried all combinations to get it to work. I am under the impression now that it is busted and I should be seeking a warranty replacement if there exists such a thing.
ernie-

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 09:30:07 PM

ManeBjorn asked and I felt that in all fairness to my fellow miner to answer him.  Yes both of our posts are off topic, but none the less telling the truth when someone asks for it shouldn't be treated as a rant.
rant - a lengthy discourse by a single performer, especially if irritated or upset.

If it walks like a duck....
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:30:58 PM

http://www.overclock.net/t/1495905/evga-supernova-g2-super-flower-leadex-psu#post_22418213

off two pcie cables...

Uh,I run 3 Fury's per PCIE cable :

I made that cable myself  Grin

Running 5 Fury's on CX 600 now,soon to be 7.Each PCIE cable can handle 200 watts.I used that same PSU on my Antminer S1 & it ran with no issues for 2.5 months  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
BitSlapper

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:33:00 AM

off two pcie cables...

Uh,I run 3 Fury's per PCIE cable :

I made that cable myself  Grin

Running 5 Fury's on CX 600 now,soon to be 7.Each PCIE cable can handle 200 watts.I used that same PSU on my Antminer S1 & it ran with no issues for 2.5 months  Wink

Nice job on the cable Smiley

But how do you type with that keyboard Wink

BitSlapper      Coin Shield : 2QscvkN2ddvKHhQZD9RjYS6nGXSLSSgQYJ6peCCXV8RNP8FZj2r
michelem
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 04:04:17 PM

Hello guys,
I'd like to tell you the Minera project now supports Zeus devices too. Please give a try and let me know!

* v0.3.0 announcement
* Official site

Thanks!

Get Minera. Your next bitcoin mining dashboard. Donations are welcome
nst6563 (OP)

Merit: 254

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:38:53 PM

Hello guys,
I'd like to tell you the Minera project now supports Zeus devices too. Please give a try and let me know!

* v0.3.0 announcement
* Official site

Thanks!

Thanks michelem....1st post updated with the link
jekv2

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:14:34 PM

From my testing of the latest minera & fury.

There seems to be a 5-7min detect delay. So be patient till it is detected.

For dmaxl cgminer, all you need is the freq cmd and your freq. "--zeus-clock 328" or w/e freq you use. Reboot the RPI by the gui, go in and start your engines miners, wait 5-7 min. You should be golden.

Good Luck!

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:41:55 PM

I am DL'ing it now.
I am looking forward to it.

Hello guys,

* v0.3.0 announcement
* Official site

Thanks!

Thanks michelem....1st post updated with the link

nst6563 (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:48:40 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 02:10:21 AM by nst6563

Anyone know how to run 4 Fury's and a Falcon off of a single instance of cgminer?  

Also...anyone else get a problem of like 100 hw errors right after launching cgminer?  And then seemingly random "walls" of hw errors here and there (like 300+ in a row)?

I can't get bfgminer to work on my setup at all.  It randomly declares my miners dead and doesn't revive them.  I get lower hashrate local and poolside with it than cgminer...and that's on the pools it works on.  It doesn't work on manicminer (merge mining pool), I get tons of rejects on nicehash with it, coinking and coinmine just get very inconsistent results and I never seem to get the full hashrate even if I point it to a specific coin's port.  Not sure why I have crap luck with it.  

:EDIT: In cgminer I can get all the zeus devices recognized correctly...however not all the speeds.  They're all set to a uniform speed.

:EDIT2: Got them all to their correct speeds....just running into the walls of hw errors.  Here's a screenshot:

Pic of the "wall of errors":

And before anyone says "your clocks are too high!"....They ALL work perfectly fine either alone, or in pairs, and all stay within a 5% margin of hw errors.  Put them all together and I randomly get these huge "walls" of hw errors on any one of them.  I even overclocked the rpi to 1Ghz thinking maybe it wasn't fast enough...made no difference. 
J4bberwock

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:26:25 AM

nst6563, if I understand correctly, some of the "unavoidable" HW errors are job discarded because one chip already found the hash.
They should be counted as duplicates or even ignored, but that's the way Zeus implemented them, and I don't think anything can be done software side.
Could  it be that sometimes, the falcon finds a hash and there were many duplicates?
But this should also happen with a single falcon, and it looks strange that so many identical shares are worked on with different cores at the same time.
On a falcon with 1024 cores, it would be like 30% duplicates at a given time. Maybe a work distribution error.
A way to have falcon and fury working at different diff settings would help. The difficulty looks really low for the falcon.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 08:40:58 AM

Anyone know how to run 4 Fury's and a Falcon off of a single instance of cgminer?  

Also...anyone else get a problem of like 100 hw errors right after launching cgminer?  And then seemingly random "walls" of hw errors here and there (like 300+ in a row)?

I can't get bfgminer to work on my setup at all.  It randomly declares my miners dead and doesn't revive them.  I get lower hashrate local and poolside with it than cgminer...and that's on the pools it works on.  It doesn't work on manicminer (merge mining pool), I get tons of rejects on nicehash with it, coinking and coinmine just get very inconsistent results and I never seem to get the full hashrate even if I point it to a specific coin's port.  Not sure why I have crap luck with it.  

:EDIT: In cgminer I can get all the zeus devices recognized correctly...however not all the speeds.  They're all set to a uniform speed.

:EDIT2: Got them all to their correct speeds....just running into the walls of hw errors.  Here's a screenshot:

Pic of the "wall of errors":

And before anyone says "your clocks are too high!"....They ALL work perfectly fine either alone, or in pairs, and all stay within a 5% margin of hw errors.  Put them all together and I randomly get these huge "walls" of hw errors on any one of them.  I even overclocked the rpi to 1Ghz thinking maybe it wasn't fast enough...made no difference. 

What are your exact startup parameters?
nst6563 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:42:15 PM

What are your exact startup parameters?

Code:
sudo ./cgminer -c ./cgall.conf

Contents of cgall.conf
Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://pool.manicminer.in:3333",
"user" : "nst6563.falcon",
"pass" : "x"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://US2.coinmine.pw:1111",
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333",
"user" : "14aU4aMtktMA5vdrrhs34h3t2ndBFcRc3X",
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://us1.coinking.io:7777",
},

]
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-description" : "cgminer v3.1.1-zm",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-addr" : "224.0.0.75",
"api-mcast-code" : "FTW",
"api-mcast-des" : "",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "9999",
"scan-time" : "15",
"scrypt" : true,
"shares" : "0",
"verbose" : true,
"zeus-clock" : "381",
"zeus-debug" : true,
"zeus-nocheck-golden" : true,
"scan-serial" : [
        "/dev/ttyUSB0",
"/dev/ttyUSB1",
"/dev/ttyUSB2",
"/dev/ttyUSB3",
"/dev/ttyUSB4"
],
"zeus-options" : [
"/dev/ttyUSB0,6,381",
"/dev/ttyUSB1,6,381",
"/dev/ttyUSB2,6,381",
"/dev/ttyUSB3,6,381",
"/dev/ttyUSB4,128,345"
]
}

I actually think it's a software problem and here's why.  If I run 3 fury's all is fine.  As soon as I add the 4th all hell breaks loose - it doesn't have to be the falcon added to the mix.  I've tried different difficulty settings, from 256 on up, not much change. 
And here's the real kicker.  If I leave out the "scan-serial" section and let cgminer auto-detect them all with libusb I get thousands of hw errors within the first couple minutes and it continues.  If I add the scan-serial  section and specify the ports then I get FAR less hw errors. 

I just changed the scan time to 15 this morning to see if that made any difference.  Likely not, but it's worth a shot.  It's just weird that 3 fury's is fine, but add more devices to the mix and I get walls of hundreds of hw errors and even more if I omit the scan-serial section of the config.
somatic

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 03:50:38 PM

How do you determine which batch your Blizzard is from? I can't get cgminer or bfgminer to detect it. Have tried everything I can think of; I spent literally 8 hours yesterday trying to get it to work. I'm on Mint (Ubuntu).

If anyone is willing to take a look it would be greatly appreciated. Here is the thread on Stack Exchange with all of the details of my setup.
nst6563 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:06:22 PM

How do you determine which batch your Blizzard is from? I can't get cgminer or bfgminer to detect it. Have tried everything I can think of; I spent literally 8 hours yesterday trying to get it to work. I'm on Mint (Ubuntu).

If anyone is willing to take a look it would be greatly appreciated. Here is the thread on Stack Exchange with all of the details of my setup.

swapped usb ports?  swapped cables?  swapped power supplies?  (sorry....obvious and dumb questions but have to ask).

All of my Fury's use the Silicon labs USB chipset.  My Falcon uses the FTDI.  I've never had a problem with any of them being detected in a linux environment.  I did have one fury that would just stop working at times when using the power supply it shipped with.  After some testing of that power supply, it was putting out varying voltages of 12.5v all the way to almost 14v.  Tossed that power supply and used an atx psu for everything and it all returned to normal.

As for board markings, I'm not sure.  I think there are some different markings that are on the board, but I'm not positive.  One of my Fury's had a few more test points.
happydaze

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:42:53 PM

What versions / builds of cgminer or bfgminer? 
The cmds are different.  Could be -S zus:all or -S zeus:/dev/ttyUSB2 (notice zus & zeus) depending on which version of bfgminer for example.
somatic

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 07:00:51 PM

What versions / builds of cgminer or bfgminer?  
The cmds are different.  Could be -S zus:all or -S zeus:/dev/ttyUSB2 (notice zus & zeus) depending on which version of bfgminer for example.

Bfgminer 4.4.0-32-gac4e9b3, compiled with --enable-scrypt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: