Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:33:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fury/Blizzard tuning and mods  (Read 115216 times)
nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 06:21:22 PM

Yea well why couldn't bfgminer from the dev not rec. my miner but the bfgmniner build from Darkwinde could???

Why hasn't luke responded?

Just incase, luke deletes my post.

NEW VERSION 4.3.0, JUNE 30 2014
snip

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644921.msg7624375#msg7624375

Because the other forks don't actually test to see if the device is a Zeus:

https://github.com/Darkwinde/bfgminer/blob/bfgminer/driver-zeus.c#L289

If you plug in another cp201x device it will wrongly ID them as ZeusMiners. This also goes for the dmaxl CGMiner fork:

https://github.com/dmaxl/cgminer/blob/master/driver-zeus.c#L456

The driver in BFGMiner 4.3 does not ignore the probing. It instead ensures the device is a ZeusMiner.

If the device isn't detected, try the argument:

Code:
--set zus:ignore_golden_nonce=1

This is required for some buggy firmware/devices.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:39:49 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 07:48:48 PM by Luke-Jr

Yea well why couldn't bfgminer from the dev not rec. my miner but the bfgmniner build from Darkwinde could???

Because this isn't my area.
nwoolls is the BFGMiner scrypt dev, and he handles the Zeusminer driver.

If you (or anyone else) want to send me a sample unit and pay me hourly (I don't have any personal interest in scrypt stuff), I am glad to investigate this. But you're probably better off working with nwoolls.

Edit: Note that if another developer wants tips on modifying BFGMiner themselves, I'm certainly open to sensible discussion and advise at no charge.

Cassey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:05:48 PM

OK - here is the bottom line on the Zeus equipment

For full disclosure:  I started with a week 1 GAW Fury (same thing as a Zeus Blizzard except that mine actually shipped on time), now own 11 of them and a Black Widow (the GAW 62 chip one).  I like GAW, they do their best to delivery, and I'm an affiliate of theirs.  OK, think that covers that.  The rest of what I'm saying comes under the disclosure of "To the best of my knowledge".

1)  Terry (aka Panda) over at Zeus promised delivery dates and full software support for his product line.
2)  Luke and Nate and others hear about the new chipset and ask for samples and specs in order to develop drivers - nothing happens
3)  Equipment arrives at the distributors with software for one specific mining device.  Shipments are due to go out in days.  Most users don't have such a device.  Raspberry PIs are somewhat kinda cheap, lets use those.  Distributors panic and hack together cgminer 3.1.1 and make emergency alliances with others, like Zenminer.  And believe me, cgminer 3.1.1 for Zeus is a total hack:  No attempt to identify chips - just presume everything attached is a Zeus and that they are all the same.
4)  Others start the long process of reverse engineering 3.1.1 and trying to figure out how to do it right.  Many are partially successful using equipment they bought themselves.  Note this is mostly all volunteer efforts - people spending their weekends and evening trying to make the world a little better - much like Luke and Nate.  Thus we end up with DarkWinde's efforts and several others.  I believe Starminer sponsors DMAXL to try and get it right - probably the first guy to actually receive payment for this efforts.
5)  Nate finally, about 5 weeks after first ships, gets a single low end Blizzard to test against.  Prior to this, he has looked at a few volunteers systems (like mine) to try and get a grasp on whats going on.
6)  Nate - who is the responsible party for All-Things-Scrypt within bfgminer's codebase gets to work, burning more of his weekends and evenings (fact:  been online with Nate at 3am testing things - and yes, he has a regular day job!)
7)  bfgminer gets fully functional code, that does detection, allows concurrent use of gridseeds, multiple Zesu devices, etc. with full command line support and integration into the code base about 6 weeks after the first equipment was available to look at.
Cool  People bitch "what took you so long!".  Assholes.  This is volunteer work guys.  It gets done when it gets done.  If you need to scream at someone, go scream at Terry for not delivering specs, ever, or early test units to the community, and instead focusing on maximizing HIS profits.

Cassey

Cassey
Cassey

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:15:59 PM

Recognize that I don't blame the distributors one lick - in fact, I'm happy they spent their time creating cgminer 3.1.1 - without it we would have had paperweights.  But also recognize that they do NOT directly profit from doing such work.  Sure, they benefit from it, but why would one distributor be responsible in any way-shape-or-form for creating, or paying to have created (now there is a thought!) software that every other distributor could profit from?

Zeus is the company we should be pissed at.  They have promised firmware updates to reduce power consumption and not delivered.  They are hopefully working on firmware updates so that all equipment actually identifies itself right (3 of my 11 fury's do not), but again no word or honestly much hope of such a delivery.

And who is to blame for that?  Probably us... since we order the crap in hopes of making a profit no matter what shape it is in.

How many people actually send donations to Luke or Nate?  With likely 10s of thousands of users of their code, I bet one could count on two hands how many donations they have received for their work...

Cassey

Cassey
Cassey

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:20:16 PM

Recognize that I don't blame the distributors one lick

Cassey

Who the fuck we blame, Luke to take the shit? GAW? The ones who presented this crap?

Ah, maybe read past the first line of my post and you will see my suggestion...

Cassey
Cassey

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:22:08 PM

Recognize that I don't blame the distributors one lick

Cassey

Who the fuck we blame, Luke to take the shit? GAW? The ones who presented this crap?

Take a long good look.

And see what?  That you are using the DMAXL branch that is over-reporting Hash rate and under-delivering WUs?  Go yell at him... not us.

Cassey
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:33:29 PM

Who the fuck we blame, Luke to take the shit?
Why are you so anxious to blame me? I have nothing to do with this.
Blame yourself maybe? At least you're involved...

Cassey

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:34:58 PM

And see what?  That you are using the DMAXL branch that is over-reporting Hash rate and under-delivering WUs?  Go yell at him... not us.

And what use something that is undetected by a program.

Sorry, I paid for my hardware. Is there another place I should place a purchase for both hardware and software? If this is the case shit. I should have saved my money i be already up a hundred bucks at the price of btc.................. Who the fuck are you?

I'm furious.

Your furious?  At what?  At buying hardware hoping to make money and not doing your homework to see if there was software to support it?  At presuming the graciousness of the open source community would provide you perfectly working software the moment your hardware arrived for free?  At presuming such free software would come with a lifetime of support guaranteeing that you never had any issues, concerns, problems, etc?  At thinking you are the only person in the whole world that isn't going through exactly the same thing you are?

I confused.  Please help me understand.

Cassey
Cassey

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:37:06 PM

ok here is my log, which one is bad and giving me none errors?

Which of the half-dozen or so forks of support code are you running?

If bfgminer, have you tried a "bfgminer -S zeus:all -d?" and see which devices it detects?

Cassey
ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:40:59 PM

And what use something that is undetected by a program.

Sorry, I paid for my hardware. Is there another place I should place a purchase for both hardware and software? If this is the case shit. I should have saved my money i be already up a hundred bucks at the price of btc.................. Who the fuck are you?

I'm furious.

Jekv2...CHILL down, buddy... Grin

This is community forum...not a doctor's office... Wink

ZiG
Cassey

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:44:00 PM

ok here is my log, which one is bad and giving me none errors?

Which of the half-dozen or so forks of support code are you running?

If bfgminer, have you tried a "bfgminer -S zeus:all -d?" and see which devices it detects?

What? I thought 1.3+ out of the box, why should I do that?

Well... since your asking for help from other users, providing a bit of background on what your using and being willing to try a few things would be considered polite.

Cassey
Cassey

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:47:48 PM

Not sorry, I bought hardware that is no good to me. And others want money to develop it nice.

Responded to that one already.  See previous post asking for clarification regarding what you are furious at.   Without such input your just screaming to scream.

Just curious... are you willing to donate about a month of your life, say 6 hours a day during the week and 12 hour weekends, for free, to develop software for other people to use?  If not, why would you EXPECT, nah, DEMAND that other people do this for you?

Cassey
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:51:11 PM

Thant's ok luke, neg trust me for your distrust of distrusting you Smiley.
Hey, it's your reputation that will be ruined by leaving false feedback, not mine. Wink

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:05:48 PM

Hey, it's your reputation that will be ruined by leaving false feedback, not mine. Wink

Dunno how I get -6 when you're one person.

Btw, the ref. link is linked to all.

They may see if not blind.

Please buzz off this is a thread for Fury/Blizzard tuning and mods, not your drunken rants to your lover Luke
Please respect us and this thread by staying on topic
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:28:12 PM

Wanna ruin it ok. Just did.

Here are the leaked emails of gaw miners.

You brought this upon yourself you cock.

REMOVED EMAILS POSTED BY YOU

Why would you do that you pos..you are no better then anyone now you stupid clown..Remove those peoples emails you unstable fuck
Cassey

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:35:37 PM

Why would you do that you pos..you are no better then anyone now you stupid clown..Remove those peoples emails you unstable fuck

His post has been reported to the moderator, please feel free to do the same.

Cassey
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:45:27 PM

Report as needed. I am in no violation of any act.

Luke wanted to create a battle so be it.

Luke wanted to ruin my rep. ok so be it....

Here is a reputable legit way.

1: offtopic
2: even though you have been asked to stay on topic you refuse to
3: you have just posted peoples email addresses without their consent!

There is something wrong with you and your reasoning process. You stand out like dogs balls as mentally unwell and i would like you to stay away from this community
and this thread!

You have been asked multiple times to stay on topic and to calm down but you refuse to. Thus discounting anything you have to say or prove by 99.9%. And again, please remove those peoples emails!
sandpaper

Activity: 373

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:22:43 PM

Whoa whoa wait a minute. The new bfgminer branch allows for gridseed and zeusminer to be used TOGETHER?!!? I love it. I hate having to unplug and replug the gridseeds into the hub to get it to work.

This should make life much easier. ty!
Riley600

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:38:52 PM

If you (or anyone else) want to send me a sample unit and pay me hourly (I don't have any personal interest in scrypt stuff), I am glad to investigate this. But you're probably better off working with nwoolls.

Edit: Note that if another developer wants tips on modifying BFGMiner themselves, I'm certainly open to sensible discussion and advise at no charge.

/sigh
This doesn't foster a very good sense of community in the cryptocurrency scene.  It's not Bitcoin vs. the rest of cryptocurrencies.  I like BFGminer and I like how it gets lots of support but I don't like this attitude...
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:47:00 PM

/sigh
This doesn't foster a very good sense of community in the cryptocurrency scene.  It's not Bitcoin vs. the rest of cryptocurrencies.  I like BFGminer and I like how it gets lots of support but I don't like this attitude...

No! Its "I don't have time to be loading up my priority list with both scrypt and sha256 so i will delegate and outsource that branch to nwools" I find it quite normal and sensible that a coder would not be loading up their things to work on list! You will find if coders do this you get half assed jobs because its just way to much to work on.
And what luke is clearly saying is he is sick of people demanding he work on this stuff for free, he is clearly saying that no one is donating to him anymore and he is fed up with working on these drivers for companies that don't seem to be paying him to make their software and the community that doesn't seem to be donating for his time.

You will find something along those lines as to why the cgminer dev stopped supporting scrypt! A community relationship works both ways and because things are really tight these days and we all seem to see tightnesses around us now demanding everything be done right now and for free then this is what we get in return. It is a reaction to an action.
We may not like luke or other devs for that matter but the fact remains we need to support and not attack them. We need to hear what they are saying instead of assuming what devious plans they have!

Can we now return this thread to its topic!

We haven't seen or heard form jab in awhile, does anyone thing he melted his house down?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: