Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:27:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going from BTC to Real USD  (Read 1387 times)
KnuttyD (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 11:05:37 PM

I was wondering what you guys do to convert your generated Bitcoins to real cash? I see there is a service bitcoin2cc (https://www.bitcoin2cc.com/), but I have Liberty Reserve funds right now that I want to convert.
Once you go from btc -> mtgox -> liberty reserve, which exchange service do you personally use to convert that to USD?
I heard ExchangeZone is popular, but it has been down a while for maintenance.
Thanks!

If I helped you in some way, and you feel obligated to do so, you can tip me some coin!
1KVadqbELY3KuJhkm9rDtcwxZknhRsfPHY
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KnuttyD (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 11:18:09 PM

Maybe this was posted in the wrong section?
I havent been able to find any other information on this in other posts.

If I helped you in some way, and you feel obligated to do so, you can tip me some coin!
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 11:21:55 PM

Yeah, this is the real trick.  I'd also like to know how people are making this transaction.  At the end of the day, I need to pay for the power that my miner is consuming and as it turns out my power company doesn't accept BTCs as payment.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 11:25:21 PM

I was wondering what you guys do to convert your generated Bitcoins to real cash? I see there is a service bitcoin2cc (https://www.bitcoin2cc.com/), but I have Liberty Reserve funds right now that I want to convert.
Once you go from btc -> mtgox -> liberty reserve, which exchange service do you personally use to convert that to USD?
Thanks!

I suggest you sell your mtgox USD directly, without passing through LR.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
KnuttyD (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 11:26:34 PM

Thanks!

I suggest you sell your mtgox USD directly, without passing through LR.
There is an 800$ minimum for the direct deposit though, correct?

gusti
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 11:30:00 PM

From Mtgox :

"Send Money
Send USD or BTC for free to anyone with an email address.
You can send money to anyone with an email address. If they have a Mt Gox account the funds will show up in their account. If they don't have one then they will be emailed instructions for claiming their money. "

No indication about such USD 800 minimum.

KnuttyD (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 11:35:44 PM

From Mtgox :

"Send Money
You can send money to anyone with an email address. If they have a Mt Gox account the funds will show up in their account. If they don't have one then they will be emailed instructions for claiming their money. "

Thats just sending money. So how would I use that to wire money to a bank account, or have cash sent to me? I need USD that I can put in a bank account, so I can pay my electric bill.

gusti
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 11:39:08 PM

From Mtgox :

"Send Money

Thats just sending money. So how would I use that to wire money to a bank account, or have cash sent to me? I need USD that I can put in a bank account, so I can pay my electric bill.

The buyer of your mtgox USD can send you a bank transfer, Paypal, Western Union.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: