Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:07:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: North American Bitcoin Conference - Chicago - July 19 + 20, 2014  (Read 4739 times)
amonymous (OP)

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 03:51:33 AM

Hi everyone,

Some of you may know me as the organizer of the successful European Bitcoin Convention in Amsterdam in September and the North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami this past January.

I'm happy to announce that we're organizing the next bitcoin conference in Chicago, on the weekend of July 19th and 20th.

As always, we’re taking the elements everyone loves about conferences, conventions and trade shows and leaving out all the boring stuff.

You can expect an awesome lineup of speakers from both the bitcoin and non bitcoin sectors. Our focus is, and had always been, to focus on encouraging new business and supporting entrepreneurs and businessmen alike.

The conference will take place at the McCormick Place, and can hold up to 2000 people. Conference will be recorded, and speeches made available for free two weeks after the conference.

The conference will have two to three tracks, including workshops and a beautiful exhibitor hall.

Tickets are now on sale. More info available here:

http://www.btcchicago.com

We've made tickets very competitively priced at $275, which are some of the lowest ticket prices across bitcoin conferences. Check out using bitcoin or USD. Save 20% off your ticket price by using the code "welovebitcointalk"

We have speakers lined up, adding more daily, and plenty of attendees buying tickets.

We're working with hotels in the area to accept bitcoin, and recommend http://www.cheapair.com or http://www.btctrip.com for your flights.

I'm happy to answer any questions, and if you'd like to speak at the conference, buy an exhibitor booth, or participate in any other way, just drop me an email. My name's Moe Levin, my email is moe@btcchicago.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 04:08:10 AM

My 5 year wedding anniversary is July 18... not sure I can make it that weekend.

Bummer, this is the closest I've been to a conference.

Well, I hope to organize one in Cleveland someday, so I guess I'll just have to do it without having attended one, haha. 

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
amonymous (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:25:24 AM

My 5 year wedding anniversary is July 18... not sure I can make it that weekend.

Well, I hope to organize one in Cleveland someday, so I guess I'll just have to do it without having attended one, haha. 

Congratulations on the 5 year anniversary, and having priorities. There will be another conference in Miami in January.

In the meantime, should you decide to do a conference in Cleveland at any point, there are some great people out there that I'd be happy to connect you with.

Moe
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 10:55:04 AM

Congratulations on the 5 year anniversary, and having priorities. There will be another conference in Miami in January.

In the meantime, should you decide to do a conference in Cleveland at any point, there are some great people out there that I'd be happy to connect you with.

Moe

Connect away.  I'd be surprised if I don't know them already , but I'm also surprised by how many new people are in the community every day, so who knows?  Smiley

I emailed you already, so feel free to take this discussion there unless it helps bump this thread.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
TampaBayBitcoineer

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:40:04 AM

Just got my ticket!  Tampa Representin!
mcgullen

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:13:37 AM

So which hotel is recommended? Can't wait to pay via Bitcoin on Expedia.  Wink
TampaBayBitcoineer

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:56:26 PM

... should you decide to do a conference in Cleveland at any point, there are some great people out there that I'd be happy to connect you with.

Moe

Oh really?  I've been talking to a few people about setting up on here in Tampa Bay.  We have some of the best beach in the world... do something fun like "Bitcoin & Beaches" Conference.  How do we make that happen?
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 05:15:42 PM

Silver Wallets is happy to announce we will have a booth at Bitcoin Chicago! Very excited for this.
amonymous (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:14:41 PM

More than 2000 bitcoin community members will soon be converging on Chicago for a direction-setting conference aimed at driving the currency from speculation to mainstream. Building on the recent success of the North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami Beach, the Second North American Bitcoin Conference will be taking place in Chicago on the 19th and 20th of July, 2014. As always, we're focused on bringing you the most community-oriented North American Bitcoin Conference (TNABC) yet.

Affordable Ticket Prices

To make our event the most affordable and community-oriented bitcoin conference in the world, we've slashed our tickets prices to $100 and will keep it at that price for the foreseeable future. This means more of our community members can participate in the exciting workshops and networking opportunities we offer.  We don’t believe in any barriers to entry.

Innovative Businesses

We're delighted to welcome two of the most famous bitcoin exchanges, Huobi.com and OKCoin.com as sponsors for TNABC. These two exchanges are responsible for more than 50% of all worldwide Bitcoin trading, and we're excited to have them on board. Attendees can look forward to hearing about the unique challenges and victories these two superpowers face navigating Bitcoin through the exploding Chinese market and enjoy networking opportunities with the founders.

Reliable Regulations

We also welcome Perkins Coie as our Premiere Sponsor. Perkins Coie has a track record as being the most important law firm for high-tech businesses in the world. Perkins Coie will arrange our regulations panel so that you can enjoy the safety of bulletproof compliance conversations throughout the conference. The safety of our community is one of our biggest priorities.

Central Location

This week we officially announced our partnership with Hotel Chicago, who will host our event and many of our speakers. Hotel Chicago is located across the street from the House of Blues in the heart of Chicago. The Official kick-off party will take place in their beautiful, Victorian-era inspired Crimson Lounge, which will be the best location of the year to meet the movers and shakers of the Bitcoin industry.

Giving Back Through Charity

TNABC is dedicated to giving back to the community, which is why we've teamed up with The Bitgive Foundation and A Special Wish Foundation. They're on board as our charity sponsors, and we couldn't be happier.

The Best Speakers

Last week we announced the final lineup for BTC Chicago. Our list of speakers includes the most influential and important players in bitcoin today. These, among other Bitcoin experts and entrepreneurs will be on hand for workshops, panels, and more.

TNABC is Growing

In 2 short years The North American Bitcoin Conference has grown from 100 attendees in 2012, to 1200 visitors from 30 countries in 2014. This is due to our attendees unwavering enthusiasm. Our community made us, so our philosophy will remain simple: we put our community first. We will provide networking and education opportunities for attendees that are unavailable anywhere else and keep the conference affordable for everyone.

So get ready for another amazing kick-off event, this time at The Crimson Lounge, and all the highly curated networking opportunities, inspiring speakers, and targeted workshops The North American Bitcoin Conference has to offer.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 4505

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:37:16 PM

anonymous, if you don't want this ad cluttering up this thread, just send me a PM and I'll immediately remove it.

However, it might be worthwhile for anyone coming to Chicago for the Bitcoin Conference to know that if they stick around until July 24, there is an opportunity to use bitcoins to purchase tickets to the Beyoncé & Jay-Z concert at Soldier Field.  This appears to be a collaboration between Coinbase, Blockchain.info, and GoldCoast Tickets.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676148.0
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 2106

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:23:53 AM

I am thinking of going to this. Biggest issue on my mind is whether to stay just the Saturday night or the Friday as well. Between the hotel cost and the parking and me being a tightwad, it's a bit of a hard sell. I think the only thing I'd miss out on would be the Friday night pre-party thing. Which would probably be fun but I'm not sure 300 worth of fun. I can already see which way this is going but I'm open to persuasion Smiley

I think the conference itself is great value BTW.

bitcoins to ... to the Beyoncé & Jay-Z concert at Soldier Field

Great. How much would they be paying me? Wink

BitLendingClub

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:06:46 PM

Do you want to be a part of The North American Bitcoin Conference?
Like our page Facebook page and Share this post-> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=326416817525797&set=a.296336400533839.1073741828.187169974783816&type=1 to win a free ticket for TNABC!
Follow @BitLendingClub on Twitter and retweet for your chance to win a #FREE ticket for #TNABC!
Competition ends on 15th of July!
Winners picked at random!
Good luck!

hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 08:51:36 PM

Liked, followed, retweeted, and shared.  Hoping that gives me 4X the chance!  Also I am actually close enough to attend if I win, and fully intend on being at the House of Blues screening of "The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin" on Friday night either way!  Viva la Bitcoin!

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
BitLendingClub

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:07:08 AM

We are giving 2 tickets. One winner will be chosen from Facebook and one from Twitter. Smiley GOOD LUCK!

https://bitlendingclub.com/
hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 12:57:51 PM

Does the new $100.00 ticket price get you in for both days, or just one?  I keep looking but it doesn't really say.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 2106

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 02:50:45 PM

Does the new $100.00 ticket price get you in for both days, or just one?  I keep looking but it doesn't really say.

Typically registration covers all. It's not a rock concert Smiley

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:25:30 PM

anonymous, if you don't want this ad cluttering up this thread, just send me a PM and I'll immediately remove it.

However, it might be worthwhile for anyone coming to Chicago for the Bitcoin Conference to know that if they stick around until July 24, there is an opportunity to use bitcoins to purchase tickets to the Beyoncé & Jay-Z concert at Soldier Field.  This appears to be a collaboration between Coinbase, Blockchain.info, and GoldCoast Tickets.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676148.0

Great idea, now the event needs better music.  Smiley

amonymous (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:48:30 PM

Ticket covers everything - including the Rise and Rise of Bitcoin on Friday night, the band afterwards at the House of Blues, and both days of conference!

Moe
hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 11:26:24 PM

Ticket covers everything - including the Rise and Rise of Bitcoin on Friday night, the band afterwards at the House of Blues, and both days of conference!

Moe

Nice.  What about if someone wants to come only to the Rise and Rise of Bitcoin on Friday night, would they still need to register for the conference?

amonymous (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:35:15 AM

Moe

Nice.  What about if someone wants to come only to the Rise and Rise of Bitcoin on Friday night, would they still need to register for the conference?

Nope.

See above: Community event!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: