Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:02:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-06-19] ABN Amro (and others) are experimenting with Bitcoin  (Read 1213 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 02:40:43 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 02:51:49 PM by LiteCoinGuy

ABN Amro is experimenting with Bitcoin

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fcoincourant.nl%2Fabn-amro-gaat-experimenteren-met-bitcoin%2F

HSBC is also looking at BTC:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657462.0

(and Estonian Bank LHV also)

interesting  Cheesy

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:44:47 AM

The news about HSBC was proven to be fake. I suspect the same with ABN Amro. Get used to it. The banks will never use Bitcoin. Why they should give credibility to their competitor, who can destroy them?
howardb

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:28:40 AM

The news about HSBC was proven to be fake. I suspect the same with ABN Amro. Get used to it. The banks will never use Bitcoin. Why they should give credibility to their competitor, who can destroy them?

If you look on the leaked list of potential buyers for US Marshals coins, there is BNP Paribas!
CoinMode

Activity: 417
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:52:53 AM

If the banks embrace bitcoin then they will survive. They should embrace it as soon as possible. I know JP Morgan will be last on that list and it is a lifelong wish for me to see them go bust.
zeetubes

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:37:33 AM

If the banks embrace bitcoin then they will survive. They should embrace it as soon as possible. I know JP Morgan will be last on that list and it is a lifelong wish for me to see them go bust.

Kodak should probably have embraced digital photography.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:49:12 AM

The news is not fake.
This bank is experimenting with several new technologies.

One of the projects involves the Bitcoin as a virtual currency. Van Leeuwen: "Banks are facing challengers from outside, who invent new things if you ignore that, you can at a time for surprises and that is undesirable, the Bitcoin is not a regular payment, but it is a.. subject that requires a highly secure environment. We are experienced to our customers to provide a safe environment as a bank and the combination with the Bitcoin we test in practice. "

http://www.automatiseringgids.nl/nieuws/2014/25/abn-amro-experimenteert-met-nieuwe-financien/

RixDollar

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:23:10 PM

Agreed!
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:18:14 PM

Well if they are smart they might decide that it's better to adapt then to die.
Not sure if this news is true, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Netherlands are the first country with btc friendly banks. They seem to be very open to innovation if we look back in history.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:41:45 PM

Presuming that any of the OP is actually true, and if one or more smaller banks do decide to integrate BTC to some degree.  Which of the two scenarios do you guys anticipate playing out:
1.) Immediate move by the big banks to crush whatever smalltime player is trying to bring the world of crypto and fiat together at the banking level.
        or
2.) A domino affect in which most if not all of the subsequent larger banks begin accepting BTC out of necessity just to remain competitive?

My guess: Hoping for 2 but guessing first actual attempt might suffer the #1 scenario.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:02:48 PM

This news is not fake, i can promise you that.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:24:35 PM

I was talking about the earlier HSBC intern news. I am not sure about ABN Amro, but quite skeptical about the whole thing. Even if this news is proven right, it needs to be seen who was the brain behind this move.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:52:09 PM

I was talking about the earlier HSBC intern news. I am not sure about ABN Amro, but quite skeptical about the whole thing. Even if this news is proven right, it needs to be seen who was the brain behind this move.

Every bank is "experimenting" with new technologies, bitcoin is one, so this really isn't breaking news.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: