Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:32:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BetMoose.com - Betting Exchange | Prediction Market | Real World Events | P2P  (Read 31745 times)
regexlove

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 11:36:55 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2016, 07:22:25 PM by regexlove

thanks!  responsiveness appreciated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
regexlove

Activity: 608

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 07:17:52 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2016, 07:46:20 PM by regexlove

withdrawals/deposits are still waiting.
What about manually processing/returning them?
BetMoose (OP)

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

Real Bets. Real People. By Anyone, on anything

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 03:32:52 PM

Withdrawals/Deposits were fixed on the 18th. Please let us know via email if you're still having any issues!

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 04:53:02 PM

Your site looks great in that green color. Most of what you need can be seen on the landing page. As far as I understand I may bet on anything so long as I have someone to bet against ? So I could bet I win a game of cod ? Or counter strike or league of legends ?
I could eben bet what time I wake up in the morning lol. Ok that would be hard to prove but I have the right idea right ?

Just want to say that's awesome and I'll give you guys a few goes in the next 2 weeks or so. Smiley
cypher21

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 07:21:31 PM

is the withdraw fixed?thx for answer
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 10:42:36 PM

Your site looks great in that green color. Most of what you need can be seen on the landing page. As far as I understand I may bet on anything so long as I have someone to bet against ? So I could bet I win a game of cod ? Or counter strike or league of legends ?
I could eben bet what time I wake up in the morning lol. Ok that would be hard to prove but I have the right idea right ?

Just want to say that's awesome and I'll give you guys a few goes in the next 2 weeks or so. Smiley

You got it! And thank you, I will pass it on to the team. Actually, you can create a proposition without placing a wager if you wanted to set something up for 2 friends. Or you can place a wager just on one side and wait for someone else to take the other. You can create unlisted bets so only those with the link can see them. You always get 100% back if a proposition doesn't work out (like if no one takes the other side).

is the withdraw fixed?thx for answer

Yes it was fixed last week sorry for the delay.

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
xdookiex

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:58:02 AM

I wanted to say that you run a pretty neat site at betmoose. I was researching Augur in depth (to further my understanding of how they work), and from one of their slides in a video, I was stumbled across betfair.com....when I did more snooping of betfair...i was intrigued to discover that its a betting exchange...so I was curious to see, if there were any bitcoin betting exchanges...that's when I stumbled upon a few exchanges, and then finally your site! It boggles my mind...that your UI, seems a lot more intuitive and friendly than Augurs test net. I am kind of shocked you guys don't get a lot more traffic. My speculation and reasoning is that most people aren't quite geared/wired to bet in prediction markets. Don't get me wrong, there's certainly a demand but it's certainly a niche. I think most gamblers, at least hardcore sports bettors are trained to bet binary with fixed spreads. Most trading happens at a binary level, even though a lot of your user created questions are binary...I just don't know why you guys aren't bigger.

Augur seems like a cheap clone, with its own token, and a shittier UI...but then again my understanding of Augur isn't complete either...

Would certainly like to discuss more with you in PM.
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 08:13:26 PM

I wanted to say that you run a pretty neat site at betmoose. I was researching Augur in depth (to further my understanding of how they work), and from one of their slides in a video, I was stumbled across betfair.com....when I did more snooping of betfair...i was intrigued to discover that its a betting exchange...so I was curious to see, if there were any bitcoin betting exchanges...that's when I stumbled upon a few exchanges, and then finally your site! It boggles my mind...that your UI, seems a lot more intuitive and friendly than Augurs test net. I am kind of shocked you guys don't get a lot more traffic. My speculation and reasoning is that most people aren't quite geared/wired to bet in prediction markets. Don't get me wrong, there's certainly a demand but it's certainly a niche. I think most gamblers, at least hardcore sports bettors are trained to bet binary with fixed spreads. Most trading happens at a binary level, even though a lot of your user created questions are binary...I just don't know why you guys aren't bigger.

Augur seems like a cheap clone, with its own token, and a shittier UI...but then again my understanding of Augur isn't complete either...

Would certainly like to discuss more with you in PM.

Thank you for your comments xdookiex, much appreciated, I will pass it onto the rest of the team. If you have anything else you'd like to discuss, feel free to PM us anytime! Smiley

BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 11:38:06 PM

Just in time for the New Year and Bitcoin's new localized high of $1000 USD, we have also just accepted a wager that puts our total wagered volume on the site just past 1000 BTC since inception. Thanks to everyone for their continued interest, and we hope to make some improvements and additions to the platform this year. All the best and Happy New Year!

etile

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:26:41 PM

Incorrect source usage, incorrect outcome, incorrect early resolution and incorrect Refunds:

https://www.betmoose.com/bet/new-bitcoin-all-time-high-before-september-2017-2113
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 03:59:01 PM

Incorrect source usage, incorrect outcome, incorrect early resolution and incorrect Refunds:

https://www.betmoose.com/bet/new-bitcoin-all-time-high-before-september-2017-2113

Hi again etile, as we discussed with you before, this was resolved incorrectly by the host. Our fault was closing it early due to the author's confusing decision logic, though as you can see by our admin comment, we will reimburse those No bettors as good will.

We do not believe you had any wagers placed in this proposition, if you have any issues please email us!

-Adam

etile

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:03:22 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2017, 09:48:16 PM by etile

Hi again etile, as we discussed with you before, this was resolved incorrectly by the host. Our fault was closing it early due to the author's confusing decision logic, though as you can see by our admin comment, we will reimburse those No bettors as good will.

We do not believe you had any wagers placed in this proposition, if you have any issues please email us!

-Adam

Hi BetMoose!

1. The host with nickname "sirlanka" tell that he agree with "etile". That's me.
2. So this bet was closed and resolved by mods. Not by the host.
3. I marked the bet as "incorrect outcome" before resolving. Mods ignore this.
4. If mod do not understand "decision logic" why mod do not ask the host?
5. I have some anonymous Yes bets that was refunded incorrectly.
6. Mod with nickname "Avalon" was against the host opinion.
7. So the mod has some anonymous Yes bets here and mods didnt want to share profit with late leeches. But late leeches should exists here due to decision login. Mods ignores the host opinion and make profit for mods.

Good luck! Make more anonymous profits for mods!

kkris

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 06:49:17 AM

Hello BetMoose, can something be done to speed up your website? Initial connection can take 10-20 seconds, even simple page loads take several seconds, and searches are slo-o-ow.
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 06:52:04 PM

-Adam

Hi BetMoose!

1. The host with nickname "sirlanka" tell that he agree with "etile". That's me.
2. So this bet was closed and resolved by mods. Not by the host.
3. I marked the bet as "incorrect outcome" before resolving. Mods ignore this.
4. If mod do not understand "decision logic" why mod do not ask the host?
5. I have some anonymous Yes bets that was refunded incorrectly.
6. Mod with nickname "Avalon" was against the host opinion.
7. So the mod has some anonymous Yes bets here and mods didnt want to share profit with late leeches. But late leeches should exists here due to decision login. Mods ignores the host opinion and make profit for mods.

Good luck! Make more anonymous profits for mods!

Hi again etile;

What happened was the mods set the proposition to close/resolve early (incorrectly), sirlanka (the bet author) resolved as 'Yes' (also incorrect), and when it was reported and payout paused, our mods who looked into it also resolved it as 'yes' (again, incorrectly). To be fair, the decision logic was confusing and it looks like multiple parties made the same mistake. That said, as indicated, BetMoose in good will, will return funds of those "No" bettors who were not technically wrong.

Regarding refunding your late/leech Yes bet: you bet on the outcome after it was known (exchanges around the world broke ATH), plus, in general, we do not favour to leech wagers and we do tend to kick out as many late leeches as possible if there is a borderline scenario. We want to foster a predictions community, who bet ahead of time with a moderate-to-high degree of uncertainty, not last minute bettors who wager on debatable known outcomes.

Finally, please note BetMoose only takes a commission from *settled* wagers; ie; it actually costs us money in miner fees to refund your anonymous wagers, so rest assured we are not kicking out last minute wagers as a profit move.

Hope to see you around the rest of the props on BetMoose!

Adam

BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 06:52:50 PM

Hello BetMoose, can something be done to speed up your website? Initial connection can take 10-20 seconds, even simple page loads take several seconds, and searches are slo-o-ow.

We're always working to make BetMoose as speedy as possible. Can you please try it on a different computer/mobile device, or different connection to first isolate the problem? If you still have issues, please email us!

kkris

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:37:38 AM

We're always working to make BetMoose as speedy as possible. Can you please try it on a different computer/mobile device, or different connection to first isolate the problem? If you still have issues, please email us!

I think your reply is a cop-out, and I'll explain why.

Your website has been around for a while, and I'm sure you know by now how speedy it is.

If you have designed it to be fast, and if it is fast, then I would have expected you to clearly say so, and tell me in no uncertain that the problem must be at my end.

If you know that the website is slow, then I would have expected you to acknowledge that, and say something about what you expect to do to speed it up.

You did neither.

So you essentially evaded the question.

In the meantime your speedy competitor (loads quickly, searches quickly) bitbet.us is getting all the volume.

j753k

Activity: 194

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 02:01:02 PM

What country is your company licensed in so it can operate as a legal business? And which gambling license do you have?

Larsthechamp

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:30:23 AM

>:(

i know betmoose takes a 3% fee but its been 2 days & they have not paid. i sent numerous emails (email attached to this platform) & direct messages (logged into this site) to them with NO response. At this point im now posting on here. please help. i have sent NUMEROUS emails to betmoose support thru there email server as well as the host (garagedoorbaby) of the bet i won with no responses from either. (POTUS tweets from jan 24th-jan 31st) i am now stressed out because it has been over 2 DAYS and still 0% response from betmoose or the wager host. i do not have a good opinion of betmoose at this point and i will continue to write in this forum as well as others until i get a complete answer. i made a 1.7btc (estimate) (spread across 2 seperate wagers) bet on the amount of tweets donald trump would make (35 or more) between jan 24-31st. he ended up making 54 tweets shattering the over 35 mark i placed my bitcoin wager on. my orginial wager (1.7btc) was sent back to my betmoose account after the bet had resolved itself and now betmoose has NOT sent me my winnings from said bet. i want a response. respond betmoose. quit holding my bitcoin hostage
BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 04:33:47 AM

I think your reply is a cop-out, and I'll explain why.

Your website has been around for a while, and I'm sure you know by now how speedy it is.

If you have designed it to be fast, and if it is fast, then I would have expected you to clearly say so, and tell me in no uncertain that the problem must be at my end.

If you know that the website is slow, then I would have expected you to acknowledge that, and say something about what you expect to do to speed it up.

You did neither.

So you essentially evaded the question.

In the meantime your speedy competitor (loads quickly, searches quickly) bitbet.us is getting all the volume.

BetMoose has significantly more features and visual bulk than a stripped down basic site like bitbet. So yes, it will be more intensive on your CPU and require more bandwidth (and time) to load. The 2 websites are not comparable in terms of page-load response based on their design.

We are not aware of any big/fundamental changes that can be made to improve the performance of the site, outside of getting faster servers. As BetMoose is run by volunteers, 100% of our fees already go toward hosting and operational costs. If you'd like to make a donation, we will get faster servers just for you.

Adam

BetMoose (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 04:34:43 AM

What country is your company licensed in so it can operate as a legal business? And which gambling license do you have?

We do not publish this type of information publicly sorry.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: