Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:12:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to sell bitcoins?  (Read 2224 times)
erono

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:19:28 AM

Use Localbitcoins and meetup take cash payments. done.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FinaGica

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:28:26 AM

If you take the time to get an account registered at a trusted exchange site, and transfer your bitcoins to the site and sell them, that's the safest way. It's probably one of the more lengthier processes when selling Bitcoins, but definitely one of the safest routres. My second recommendation would be to get a trusted Escrow source, they usually charge 1-2%, and find somebody who will buy them through Western Union. You're Bitcoins are secure and when the sender sends the money you're able to verify if it's been picked up, sent, or cancelled with the MTCN code. You might also benefit off of making a post on Craigslist if you're leary of not receiving the money. Localbitcoins is a good option too, but requires you to send the BTC first before receiving your payment. If you sell them Via Localbitcoins make sure it's with a reliable buyer that has a lot of good feedback.

Nice thanks for the tip!! Smiley
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 04:28:29 PM

The easiest way is through an exchange like Coinbase, Bitstamp or Kraken.
If you decide to do it through Localbitcoin, be wary of scammers.

OCG

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:29:56 AM

If you decide to use Localbitcoins, maybe this will help:
https://localbitcoins.com/forums/#!/general-discussion#what-prevents-me-from-getti
(link works, just copy/paste it)

http://www.deepdotweb.com/jolly-rogers-security-guide-for-beginners/localbitcoins-part-2-thieves-scammers-and-counterfeit-bills/
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:27:18 PM

Some people say go with localbitcoins, but if you cant find anyone local then I'd recommend coinbase.  They will direct deposit to your bank account.  takes about 3 business days.
btc2psc

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:18:22 PM

Dear friends

We explored a self–service system to exchange your Bitcoin to Paysafecard, That is to say you can use your Bitcoin to buy paysafecard on our self-sevice system.
Once we create an account for you, you can login to our self-service system and deposit funds by Bitcoin , and then take the Paysafecard PIN automatically. It's very convenient.
It is very important for you that we can offer you good discount for exchanging your Bitcoin to Paysafecard.
If you want to exchange your Bitcoin to paysafecard with a good discount, please fell free to contact our ICQ:637168759 or MSN:full2wmz@hotmail.com
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
redwhitenblue

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:21:59 AM

What do you think is the safest way to sell bitcoins?
I want to sell one, but I see that there is now easy way doing it.
Can somebody post a good method?
If there is a good way/method/website, should I wait first to get the money from the buyer?

The safest way to sell BTC is likely coinbase. It is my understanding they have strong internal controls and have security under control.

The "best" way to sell BTC depends on your specific situation. Do you want to have the maximum level of anonymity? Do you wish to receive the funds as quickly as possible? Do you wish to receive the best price?

The answers to these questions will help you determine the best way to sell your BTC. Options besides coinbase include  localbitcoins, an exchange, selling it for goods/services, buying coffee ect. at a local store.

If for example there is a lien on your bank account, if you were to sell your BTC on coinbase and coinbase were to send the funds to your bank, the funds would obviously be garnished to pay for the lien. This is one example of why it is important to take your specific situation into consideration.
john123321

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

PP,Skrill,WU,Bank,Post > BTC

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:05:15 AM

I believe to find someone with 100% reputation and doing escrow.

Currently looking to invest into 7 BTC !
hystericG

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:29:16 AM

it really depends where you are located.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:58:52 PM

The best way is to use a trusted exchange, ANXpro is one of them, and currently it has almost no fees for withdrawal and for deposits and it supports SEPA.

ANXPRO
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:41:35 AM

If there is a good way/method/website, should I wait first to get the money from the buyer?

Coinbase is probably your best bet. Although it is some what of a centralized way to exchange your BTC they are easy to use and from what I have read do rank high in terms of security.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
techlover

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:07:07 AM

I think coinbase is the best choice for us?
EARNEASYBITCOINS

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:04:43 AM

can you please specify in which payment method you want to accept payments.Then i will tell you the best method for that
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: