Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:12:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Treat developers better - XHC THREAD MOVED  (Read 113174 times)
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:50:43 PM

Hey guys,

Just want to give an update.

I got the anonymous chat working well and integrated into the beta QT. I still have a lot of work ahead of me for the anonymous transactions. The modeling is complete and testing integration.

For the comments regarding my other activities on Bitcointalk, Please understand that I work full-time for a crypto-company and need to pay the bills. There was no development income for XHC. So what this means is that the community and myself donate time to add value to XHC. I can't spend all day chatting on Bitcointalk because then I wouldn't be working. I incorporate time everyday into working out ideas that would be new for Honorcoin.

That being said, I really think that with the consistent additions of features overtime Honorcoin will continue to grow.

I will post weekly development updates for XHC on Friday and work on cool ideas in my off-time. I will continue to be active on bitcointalk because my job is in the mining industry and consulting services ect. remember that my work does add value to XHC indirectly. The networking and connections I develop always end up benefiting XHC in some way.

If anyone has suggestion or if the community wanted to vote on a XHC board that would be great. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks jarvis. But what we need is to see something new releleased the next 7 days. Why? Atm its a dead coin, sorry for everyone who do not see that like that is not an realist. Little steps are fine. But we need to have a bit volume trading the coin and we need to build a community , atm here are 5-6 people posting.

Just my opinion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jarvis (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:33:26 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 03:12:19 AM by jarvis

I agree, The free market (exchanges) have very little volume currently and reflect a lack of current interest in XHC. XHC was up 100% on Poloniex but thats was from only 0.02842017 BTC in buys. This coin may have been damaged beyond repair from the previous developers scam. I am sorry but that is just the honest truth.

Since this coin was restored for the community then we need to know what community members will focus on what aspects of XHC developments. Here is the community leadership positions that I think are needed.

1. Thread management & PR (Open)
2. Website design (Open)
3. Technical development - Programming 1 (Jarvis)
4. Technical development - Programming 2 (Open)
5. Fundraising for development (OPEN)
6. marketing (OPEN)
7. Graphic design

Thread management & PR: If there is anyone who wants to manage the thread please let us know.
Website: If the community wishes to have a new website you can volunteer your time to make a new one or pay for one to be developed. I think the one we have is sufficient unless others want something different.
Technical development - Programming 1 (Jarvis): I can volunteer time to work on developments and service any technical related concerns.
Technical development - Programming 2: To hire or contract a programmer, hourly rates are around $20-$60 dollars an hour. I recommend someone volunteering time.
Fundraising for development: Web hosting & seed node servers costs are around $38/month. We will need continued funding for this. I have paid for the next couple of months but we will need to raise funds for this or vote on another solution.
marketing If someone has experience in this area and would like to step up. please let us know.
Graphic design Let us know, post on the forum if you want this responsibility. Sub Contractors can be hired but will require funding.

Let have a community vote. post your vote in the thread. Let try to come together on a solution.
alexius89

Activity: 709
Merit: 500

Gridcoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 09:58:57 AM

Thanks for posting your honest thoughts. Honorcoin hine through hard times but I think now its time to gain power! I would suggest you post these job offers in twitter subreddit and facebook too. Maybe you could also create a new thread in a subforum to reach more people and to find guys who are proper for the tasks! 

I will help too to promote honorcoin. Probably I might care for the PR and thread aspects.

So guys then move your a** and let's reach higher mountains together. We need volunteers for the offered positions! :-)

Its your coin and your price at the exchange. Put some effort in it and see the outcome!!

Cheers

reeferman

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:54:54 PM

nothing has been honorable about this coin..

Zulandio

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:41:16 PM

This and refusing to honor the old honor coins value if you missed the swap day is dishonorable.
boniggy

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:01:39 PM

I've recently bought some more XHC.. and was able to get the ball rolling from 104sat -> 116sat where i left it. It is now sitting ~144sat where it'll hopefully grow from there.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:39:14 PM

This and refusing to honor the old honor coins value if you missed the swap day is dishonorable.

I ignored your initial rants, there were enough other people responding but I read everything you and others posted.  Your complaints and continuous repeats of saying the same thing over and over is getting old and tiresome! 

I get the you're upset and honestly feel bad you lost your coins, but you really need to stop annoying the entire community.  Dude, this is YOUR fault man plain and simple!  If you ignored one of your investments for long of a period of time, no matter the reason.....it's your fault. 

I am sorry some here called you and idiot for this, I don't agree with this and I would hope we here at "honorcoin" would be a bit more sympathetic and well honorable adults.  There could have been a million reasons in your personal life that kept you away from being able to properly monitor your investments.......here's the thing though man, no matter what it was........it is YOUR responsibility.......not the community and not the devs!

The swap done by Jarvis was extremely fair and there was MUCH time given for the community to swap their coins!  This is also a community member that took this over after the original turned out to be a scam......dude, he made MAJOR efforts to turn a scam around FOR THE COMMUNITY man.  He doesn't deserve your rants and complaints, nor does this community.....we have all been through enough and we were ALL scammed here, you are not alone.

Accept responsibility of your last loss here brother as there is simply nothing anyone can do to help you and it is the fault of yours and yours alone.  With that said, I am truly sorry you missed the month long swap and lost your coins!!
trdjack

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:38:31 PM

I will take care of #5 if that is ok. If we can come up with some ideas or ways to raise funds I will start to work on it.

Fundraising for development: Web hosting & seed node servers costs are around $38/month. We will need continued funding for this. I have paid for the next couple of months but we will need to raise funds for this or vote on another solution.

alexius89

Gridcoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:15:39 AM

I will take care of #5 if that is ok. If we can come up with some ideas or ways to raise funds I will start to work on it.

Thanks that you are willing to help!  highly appreciated.

@Jarvis please post the job searchin on twitter that people can share it. Also add it as an update on the first page.

Things are moving now,  great!

jarvis (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:43:56 PM

Thanks that you are willing to help!  highly appreciated.

@Jarvis please post the job searchin on twitter that people can share it. Also add it as an update on the first page.

Things are moving now,  great!

I posted on Twitter per your recommendation.  Smiley

I vote for alexius89 for PR
jarvis (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:45:15 PM

Funny how in over 2 months the only time you ever said anything in this thread was after the swap. The old coins can't be honored if anyone missed the swap because the first block covered them, Jarvis can't just roll everything back to the beginning now. Man up to the fact it was your responsibility to follow the news and know when to send them for the swap.

Keep FUDing here if it makes you feel better but you will keep getting the same response, your coins=your responsibility- Stop trying to be an attention whore about it

I vote for dragon for thread management. (Keep it positive although Smiley & responsible)
jarvis (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:46:10 PM

I vote for trdjack for fundraising management  Smiley (Keep it real  Cool)
jarvis (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:48:45 PM

I vote Zulandio for "Voice of constructive feedback"  Wink
jarvis (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:49:42 PM

I've recently bought some more XHC.. and was able to get the ball rolling from 104sat -> 116sat where i left it. It is now sitting ~144sat where it'll hopefully grow from there.

I vote Boniggy for whale management  & trading analysis Smiley
jarvis (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:50:51 PM

I ignored your initial rants, there were enough other people responding but I read everything you and others posted.  Your complaints and continuous repeats of saying the same thing over and over is getting old and tiresome! 

I get the you're upset and honestly feel bad you lost your coins, but you really need to stop annoying the entire community.  Dude, this is YOUR fault man plain and simple!  If you ignored one of your investments for long of a period of time, no matter the reason.....it's your fault. 

I am sorry some here called you and idiot for this, I don't agree with this and I would hope we here at "honorcoin" would be a bit more sympathetic and well honorable adults.  There could have been a million reasons in your personal life that kept you away from being able to properly monitor your investments.......here's the thing though man, no matter what it was........it is YOUR responsibility.......not the community and not the devs!

The swap done by Jarvis was extremely fair and there was MUCH time given for the community to swap their coins!  This is also a community member that took this over after the original turned out to be a scam......dude, he made MAJOR efforts to turn a scam around FOR THE COMMUNITY man.  He doesn't deserve your rants and complaints, nor does this community.....we have all been through enough and we were ALL scammed here, you are not alone.

Accept responsibility of your last loss here brother as there is simply nothing anyone can do to help you and it is the fault of yours and yours alone.  With that said, I am truly sorry you missed the month long swap and lost your coins!!

IMjim What part can you play. You always have intelligent comments. We would love to have you part of this Smiley
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:14:12 PM

IMjim What part can you play. You always have intelligent comments. We would love to have you part of this Smiley

Thanks for the compliment brother.....you've had me as a part of this for some time now though:-)

Honestly not sure what I could do to help as part of the core team, don't have the tech know how to help on that side and am terribly busy running my consulting practice.  I am of course always willing to help where I can, but the "where I can" is a tough question to answer in this case.

How about I take the #8 slot.........

8.  Defender of Honor & Destroyer of FUD (IMJim)
alexius89

Gridcoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:01:18 AM

retweet appreciated guys :-)

https://twitter.com/Honor_Coin/status/500698596246061056

langke

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:20:04 AM

Hey guys,

Just want to give an update.

I got the anonymous chat working well and integrated into the beta QT. I still have a lot of work ahead of me for the anonymous transactions. The modeling is complete and testing integration.

For the comments regarding my other activities on Bitcointalk, Please understand that I work full-time for a crypto-company and need to pay the bills. There was no development income for XHC. So what this means is that the community and myself donate time to add value to XHC. I can't spend all day chatting on Bitcointalk because then I wouldn't be working. I incorporate time everyday into working out ideas that would be new for Honorcoin.

That being said, I really think that with the consistent additions of features overtime Honorcoin will continue to grow.

I will post weekly development updates for XHC on Friday and work on cool ideas in my off-time. I will continue to be active on bitcointalk because my job is in the mining industry and consulting services ect. remember that my work does add value to XHC indirectly. The networking and connections I develop always end up benefiting XHC in some way.

If anyone has suggestion or if the community wanted to vote on a XHC board that would be great. Let me know your thoughts.

I agree with you
valvalis

Activity: 784

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:10:28 AM

Woah, I've missed so much update  Huh
XHC markets still low. I'm worry It would be delisting If there are no change.

█▌▐█
▄██████▄▄
  ▀████████▄
     ▀███████
       ▀██████
         ▀█████
           ████
         ▄█████
       ▄█████
     ▄███████
  ▄████████▀
▀██████▀▀
  █▌▐█
..DeFiXy.......████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███   ██████████████   ███████   █████████   ██   █████   ██████████████████   ████
.$0.50.
███████   ██   █████████   ██   ███████████   ███████████   ███████████   █████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.......JOIN NOW..
Bitkeeper

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:37:56 PM

I retweeted!, This coin has my full support. I wish I could help more but I don't know much about coin development, I will continue to spread the word.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: