Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 07:42:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: * *Bamboo in a Bottle Keychains* * Unique, Original, Great Gift, and Inexpensive  (Read 1816 times)
WhiteWine (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 03:57:41 AM

---

I introduce the mini-Bamboo keychain...

There really isn't much to these little guys. They can be used as keychains, as novelty gifts, or as a way to spruce up your desk! They come in a variety of colors, but sadly as this point we cannot allow you to choose the color.  These bamboo plants DO grow inside of the bottle, even if that's only a couple inches tall. What's even more impressive is that they survive in wet gel-like substance that helps to stick it to the bottom of the bottle. No matter how much you toss and drop it should stay right where it belongs.

Get one and give one! You get two bamboo bottles per order!

Shipping Information
We ship worldwide.  The place of origin for these suckers is Taiwan. There are two different options for shipping, the free option which is airmail or via EMS. EMS includes a tracking number and if your item is not received I will either resend your product or reimburse you with the bitcoins you paid me.

Price per 1 order (2 plants) with free shipping: 1 BTC
Price per 1 order (2 plants) with EMS tracking: 2 BTC

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3322/10684164177d30cb447e5ab.th.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Global BTC

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 08:04:22 AM

Are you shipping them from Taiwan as well?

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 04:06:30 PM

Ill take one!

Can you post a better pic?

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Global BTC

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 04:42:23 PM

Keep in mind the price for paying in BTC is a markup of about 90%. These bottles can be dropshipped for $2.30 per pair.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:13:51 PM

*cough*
https://www.dealextreme.com/p/real-growable-lucky-bamboo-plant-in-a-bottle-keychain-2-pack-10684

you will save yourself 50% by converting your bitcoins to paypal, and buying it there

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 06:16:23 PM

Always with the thread shitting around here.
grue
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 06:27:01 PM

Always with the thread shitting around here.
not my fault 30% of the threads here are blatant dropship offers with 100% markup

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 07:52:54 PM

Yes profit is quite a crime... and everyone wonders why the Bitcoin economy isn't hardly growing. Between the thread shitting, the nazi mods, the trolls, the price instability why would anyone invest in a Bitcoin business? I think we need to harass retailers more!
grue
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2012, 09:36:31 PM

Yes profit is quite a crime... and everyone wonders why the Bitcoin economy isn't hardly growing. Between the thread shitting, the nazi mods, the trolls, the price instability why would anyone invest in a Bitcoin business? I think we need to harass retailers more!
The seller isn't contributing to the bitcoin economy if he's simply exchanging the coins, and dropshipping it. If i wanted that, why shouldn't i trade my coins for paypal, and buy it off dealextreme? it's very likely that the seller is doing the same thing, except with 100% markup.

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 09:43:00 PM

The seller isn't contributing to the bitcoin economy if he's simply exchanging the coins, and dropshipping it. If i wanted that, why shouldn't i trade my coins for paypal, and buy it off dealextreme? it's very likely that the seller is doing the same thing, except with 100% markup.

Guys, seriously. Is this argument really going anywhere?

Let the guy sell, and leave it be. 

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 10:18:57 PM

No one asked you to spend your Bitcoins with this guy against your will. I have seen you do this to people dozens of times. GET A LIFE.
grue
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:21:24 AM

No one asked you to spend your Bitcoins with this guy against your will. I have seen you do this to people dozens of times. GET A LIFE.
Now you're derailing the thread. That post was in reply to a previous post. This is a PUBLIC forum, so if you don't want your thread to get crapped on, do it coinhunter/realsolid style, and lock your thread the moment you post it.
On most forums that I buy on, its against the rules to post links on sale threads to sites that sell the item for cheaper.

IMO this rule should apply here.

I've just witnessed grue shit on a few threads (including my own, not too bothered about that one though). Can't wait until he posts something for sale, I'm going to post a link to the same item for slightly cheaper shipped directly from a Shenzhen sweatshop with no warranty and no contact information on the website.
That argument is invalid considering this item is very likely dropshipped, so it's EXACTLY the same, except for the 100% markup.

grue
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:48:52 AM

That doesn't really matter. We're going WAY off topic here, but even look at DealExtreme, the link you posted. They are a no stock company, they take orders, then go out and buy the stock from someone else and ship it to you (basically drop shipping).
That's how ALL retailers operate.
1. They buy bulk from manufactures
2. They ship package and ship from their own warehouse
All of this incur actual costs, such as rent, labor and postage, which justifies the markup they add. That is very different from drop shipping, where you simply relay someone's order to another online store.

grue
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:58:24 AM

Obviously didn't read my full post.

Also, very few stores use no-stock. Let me first explain how DealExtreme operates:

You place an order
Dealextreme recognises you have an order, and waits until 10 mroe people order the same item
If 10 more people don't buy it, they dropship you the item and only make a few cents.
If 10 more people buy it, they bulk buy and they send off everyones order and make a 500% markup.

I'm not going to sit here and argue on someone elses thread, if you want to argue this more, create a new thread.

This basically sums up my one of my main points in my post above:

OP is putting his reputation on the line for the product. If it is broken and DX don't refund, OP will be called a scammer.
that explains why all the packages i received from them have the same return address. the same style of envelope, and the same postal permit. And I have been buying from them for at least 3 years.

grue
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 02:00:52 AM

that explains why all the packages i received from them have the same return address. the same style of envelope, and the same postal permit.

Just Google it dude if you don't believe me.

Did you ever order something that DX said was in stock but had to wait weeks before it shipped? now you know why.
That's strange, because all my orders arrive in 2-3 weeks, from the time of order. Except when my country's postal service was on strike Undecided.

grue
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 02:45:51 AM

Just Google it dude if you don't believe me. They have a blog somewhere and one of the posts clearly outlines they're basically just an office. They have a tiny warehouse and this is how they can list 50,000 products.

Did you ever order something that DX said was in stock but had to wait weeks before it shipped? now you know why.

Return address obviously would still be DX's. Postal permit, if you mean the customs declaration, almost all chinese websites use the same declaration, I bet you it was signed by the elusive Brad or Tom wasn't it? Those are the two main names these guys use for some reason.
Oh boy, not this shit again. If you're going to argue something, present a link to the evidence. Dont ask for someone to search for you.

grue
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 02:53:16 AM

Your reading the thread backwards.

I posted a link after that. You actually already replied to that post.
that link proves nothing. All you're doing is making assumptions based on vague evidence. Who knows if they're not actually buying stuff in bulk from their supplier's warehouse? That link also fails to substantiate your point about dealextreme being "just an office".

grue
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 03:51:18 AM

OK. I can't find an official statement from DealExtreme saying that they operate a no-stock business (or JIT). However, here is a link to another forum where many members mention that they do this:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?156479-How-does-Deal-Extreme-work

Last link I posted also mentions this in many places.

Its 3:00am here, maybe tomorrow morning I will post a link that shows an official statement. Having worked with DX many times as I used to buy laptops and mobile phones in bulk from China, I know its true and clearly remember them making a blog post that even showed the process at different stages.
Oh look, someone is selectively choosing evidence. One of the oldest argument techniques for butthurt people. lemme guess, did you look up "dealextreme no stock business" on google?

Also,

Return address obviously would still be DX's. Postal permit, if you mean the customs declaration, almost all chinese websites use the same declaration, I bet you it was signed by the elusive Brad or Tom wasn't it? Those are the two main names these guys use for some reason.
No, postal permit is the sticker/stamp/mark placed on a package indicating that the postage is paid for by an business account, rather than standard postage. Like the business reply letters that you don't have to pay postage for. If they all have the same packaging, the same return address, and the same postal permit, CHANCES ARE, they're shipped from the same warehouse.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: