Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:57:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin History: A Bitcoin block chain browser  (Read 3402 times)
error (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 12:35:54 PM

Presenting: (mostly non-functional)

Bitcoin History

I've been semi-secretly working on this site for a few days now, and I did not intend to announce it until it was finished. However, since Block Explorer went down and word got out about this project on IRC, I am going to try to finish most of the basic functionality in the next day or so. I will post more updates later.

Bitcoin History is meant to be an easy way to view the history of the Bitcoin network. It will provide a simple, easy to understand view of Bitcoin blocks, addresses and transactions at any point in the history of Bitcoin, and let users navigate back and forth while easily keeping sense of place. It will present only the most vital information up front, saving the more esoteric details (like the Merkle root or the nonce or whatever) for people who really want it and click through to get it.

Please don't tell me stuff is broken; I already know it's broken. That's because I haven't finished writing it yet. You'll know it's fixed when it starts working. Smiley

Working:

• Homepage
  • Block count
  • Next subsidy
  • Difficulty
  • Next retarget

NOT working:

• Future difficulty estimate
  • Block view
  • Transaction view
  • Address view
  • Bot access

Features coming in the future:

• Something no other Bitcoin site does and that's why I'm not telling you about it until it's ready

If you think you will find this project useful and want to encourage me to finish it faster, feel free to send bitcoins to 191ukggDu5MADBF2Vt3byv9vJyKVu4sja9 .

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: