Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:11:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Card Name Suggestion  (Read 718 times)
neha (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 10:36:14 AM

Hello Everyone. I would like to inform you that we have been developing a True BitCoin Debit Card and now we are at a stage where we would like to give it a name. Thus, I was wondering if any of you can suggest a name.

Just to give you an idea of what it is, its primarily a Bitcoin debit card and the currency is Bitcoin instead of USD, etc. This keeps the transaction charges at the lowest and makes it truely global. There is no wait time to confirm the transaction and will work just like a Credit Card. The users dont need access to a computer or a smartphone to process the transaction. Just use their card(with pin) and payment is confirmed. This is not a wallet service.

The vendors will get the funds in their own wallets and then its upto them if they want to convert into their local currency or not.

All other cards currently in development like XAPO are focusing on using Mastercard or Visa but then the transaction charges will be very high. Assuming its a USD card and if you want to use in a different country, you are looking at multiple conversion charges. Also, the vendors will only need to invest less than $100 to start accepting the card.

I hope a few of you can help us in figuring out a name. As gratitude for your suggestions, we would give one Beta Testing Package(One Card Reader, 10 Debit Cards, Including shipping) to the chosen name and to all others we will give one Debit Card(You pay shipping of $10) to each suggested name.

If this is a wrong section to post this, then I would request the admin to move it to the correct place.

Thanks Everyone for Help.

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 11:58:04 AM

Do you have a whitepaper on how your card will work?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
neha (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 12:06:54 PM

I am sorry but at this stage we are not ready to share it with the world. We will however release it to the world before beta testing starts as we will need alot of people to test the network. Without this, ofcourse we cant expect people to trust the system. However, at this stage we only need help with the name so that we can move ahead and get to the alpha testing phase. We expect to be in Beta Testing phase in 2 months. Also, before beta testing start, we will share the whole system with the users on this forum.

Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 12:29:59 PM

Here's some on top of my head, not sure if any are already taken:

Bitcard
Coincard
Bitcoincard
DeBit
BitBuy
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 01:01:27 PM

I am sorry but at this stage we are not ready to share it with the world. We will however release it to the world before beta testing starts as we will need alot of people to test the network. Without this, ofcourse we cant expect people to trust the system. However, at this stage we only need help with the name so that we can move ahead and get to the alpha testing phase. We expect to be in Beta Testing phase in 2 months. Also, before beta testing start, we will share the whole system with the users on this forum.

Thanks for the PM (which is identical to what you wrote here(?)). If you are still in alpha and you are concered about the name, I am not interested

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
neha (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 01:07:53 PM

I am not sure what you mean but till now we were using a code name and the testing is currently being performed by a test team. We will however need a name before going into beta testing as then it will be revealed to a decent group of people. But anyways, its help that we seek and nothing else currently. Thanks.

Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:47:24 PM

Bitpay
Bitplastic
BitFlex
Bitpal
Bitcash