Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *^*Potential SCAM WARNING*^* [HAVELOCK] New IPO'S Suspect  (Read 3134 times)
germanjew

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:30:54 AM

My 2c: If RiverBoatBTC wasn't trying to sell his services I would take him much more seriously. Statements like

I found criminals hosting stocks on both today one being quintobtc on crypto and the other being a new one on havelock.

don't really help your case, why name quintobtc on CS and not the company on Havelocks?

Don't get me wrong, I do expect to be paid for doing work, but I don't think starting a thread and giving vague hints about who might be criminals is sending the correct message. You aren't doing the community any service that way.

All that said, raising awareness about scams is extremely important! There is much and much more to be done on this front and I believe this is the correct direction to move in:

Do you care to explain how you background check your IPO's or is it a super classified from the bitcoin world. I am sure all the investors on your site would love to know.

Why doesn't Havelocks and CS make more of the info they use to do background checks public? Think about a company listed on the NYSE and how much information is publicly available on their directors/execs?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:52:47 PM

I think Havelock is a trustable exchange. Use a bit of common sense and only purchase shares in reputable business's, unless your willing to throw a crapshoot  Roll Eyes
RiverBoatBTC (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:58:22 PM

I think Havelock is a trustable exchange. Use a bit of common sense and only purchase shares in reputable business's, unless your willing to throw a crapshoot  Roll Eyes

This is my problem with the whole thing about exchanges, they take a fee for their service but it is substandard. They could do more and should do more they are just to lazy to do something about it.

@germanjew I guess when your hungry and hear a McDonalds commercial you think "fuck McDonalds I can not take them seriously when I am hungry and hear a commercial"

Just because I am proving a need for my service does not make what I am saying any less true.

joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:06:02 PM

What I notice to new market today is every IPO price is already the peak price.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:06:50 PM

I think Havelock is a trustable exchange...

According to Havelock's latest "financial statement," it is operating at a loss.  IPOs are a great way to increase trading volume, hence the latest series of IPOs.  
~Happy investing
RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 02:08:14 PM

I think Havelock is a trustable exchange...

According to Havelock's latest "financial statement," it is operating at a loss.  IPOs are a great way to increase trading volume, hence the latest series of IPOs.  
~Happy investing

BOOM and we have it

RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 02:15:13 PM

UPDATE on cbcm.co

This is what the large picture looks like

cbcm.co wanted to start a mining operation
havelock is increasing IPO's for more funds to offset the negative income
spoolies was also looking for funding

anyone care to connect the dots here, I can tell you the picture it will draw.
havelock, spoolies and cbcm.co with smiles. Investors with tourches chasing cbcm.co for funds back.

RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 02:51:48 PM

cbcm.co
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/taras-lanovyk/8/99a/38a

Another highly qualified person in the field. He has worked for many, many capital and funding partners but can not get funded for his own projects.

Anyone else see something wrong here?

Branny

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:02:43 PM

From my own personal dealings with havelock as a issuer, they have been good overall and required a pretty significant deal of documents/research about your company to even be considered for a listing.

The real problem is where to set the bar at for funds - Too high and there isn't much diversity in investment, too low and too many bad apples get in.

You could let scammy companies in and make a quick buck, but you'll be out of the game pretty quickly. Havelock from what I have seen wants to play the long game and it would bode well for them to highly research their companies, which I do believe they are doing. The nature of bitcoin investment though makes it riskier than many public stocks, and then the return also is much greater potentially.
RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 03:05:10 PM

From my own personal dealings with havelock as a issuer, they have been good overall and required a pretty significant deal of documents/research about your company to even be considered for a listing.

The real problem is where to set the bar at for funds - Too high and there isn't much diversity in investment, too low and too many bad apples get in.

You could let scammy companies in and make a quick buck, but you'll be out of the game pretty quickly. Havelock from what I have seen wants to play the long game and it would bode well for them to highly research their companies, which I do believe they are doing. The nature of bitcoin investment though makes it riskier than many public stocks, and then the return also is much greater potentially.

If they did even a simple background check, the fact they have criminals running IPO's would have shown up.
How is that highly researched?

RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 03:33:44 PM

What it takes to list on Havelock the EXACT IPO kit they send, Thanks to my source  Wink

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/06/11/application-form/
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/06/11/havelock-corporate-account-requirements/
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/06/11/havelock-investments-compliance-forms-kyc-form/
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/06/11/registration-statement-form/
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2014/06/11/vipo-kit/

All great information to have, but if you do not check it, it is worthless.

AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:34:09 PM

How is havelock operating at a loss? Don't get generate 1BTC from each issued share per month + any initial entrance fees + trading fee's? They must be pulling in $5-6,000 a month, I don't understand how thats not an operatable budget at this point :O
NotLambchop

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:42:27 PM

How is havelock operating at a loss? Don't get generate 1BTC from each issued share per month + any initial entrance fees + trading fee's? They must be pulling in $5-6,000 a month, I don't understand how thats not an operatable budget at this point :O

Err...  Perhaps you should ask Havelock?  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxnW49twNMNbX0tic1N6VVpaV28/edit

RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 03:46:51 PM

Interesting, to me it looks like the most of the profit is from new IPO's and the initial trading. When no new IPO's are released trading comes to a slugish pace, for the fact the investors who wanted to invest in the company already have.

This is kinda validation for what was previously said, Havelock is letting in more IPO's to bump up profits. Who cares about the quality right as long as they get the profit from the trading.

NotLambchop

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:50:59 PM

There's also all the grossly devalued assets (HIF being one of them) and delisted offerings that must be replaced (NEOBEE[Q] and COG come to mind).
RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 03:57:54 PM

There's also all the grossly devalued assets (HIF being one of them) and delisted offerings that must be replaced (NEOBEE[Q] and COG come to mind).

I have suspected that the HIF is a way to make IPO's look like they are trading at a good clip to start. I think HIF invests in the IPO in a couple of good chunks, gets people excited about them, then DUMPS them. It makes it appear as if people are actually buying them and they are a good security.

Now they are going to argue that this is what the fund is for is to start up new business womp, womp, and more womp. But I really think it is a way to lure investors to new securities, then dump them for a profit. Pretty much making their own markets.

I have not found the financials on HIF to prove any different.

crypto977

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:05:00 PM

All documents can be faked, so one requisite must be a webcam conference with the issuer.

A conference call with potential investors is the normal rule in any real IPO.

NotLambchop

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:14:39 PM

^Not sure what you mean by "real IPO," but the appeal of an unlicenced Panamanian exchange is precisely the lack of such intrusive due diligence.
RiverBoatBTC (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:17:10 PM

All documents can be faked, so one requisite must be a webcam conference with the issuer.

A conference call with potential investors is the normal rule in any real IPO.

Not only that but some basic background questions to confirm identity would be great. Name some previous addresses at what times did you live there? What was the phone number when you lived there? Do you have a criminal record if so what, explain. Then they actually verify and check it. List of email addresses tied to your name then randomly message one. Just simple things to increase security.

mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:10:36 PM

Thanks for the warning, but we do a background check on all of our Funds. Any one that has applied to be listed on our exchange has submitted extensive information before getting approved to be listed.

Again we understand your concern, however anyone that has worked with us over the past couple of years knows we do not list any of our Funds lightly. If they are successful and able to raise the capital that falls on the merit of the company, not the exchange.

Havelock Investments

Yeah right, what about Neobee which you so heavily promoted?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: