Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:24:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Turn Bitcoin Into the Top Payment Network and the Currency of the Future  (Read 9311 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:07:10 PM

Yes, swiping a card then walking out the door with your items is so primitive.

I rather pay $49.99 for Bitpay's digital wallet with a 5 hour battery life, go through various menus, wait several seconds for the QR code to scan and finalize the transaction.

Oh wait, my battery died. I guess I won't be buying anything today.

Is there a gas leak in here? I swear, you guys are thinking like a failing toy company.

[CAUTION: YOU ARE ABOUT TO TAKE A LOOK INTO THE FUTURE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_Optimus_One

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:12:45 PM

I rather pay $49.99 for Bitpay's digital wallet with a 5 hour battery life, go through various menus, wait several seconds for the QR code to scan and finalize the transaction.

Is there a gas leak in here? I swear, you guys are thinking like a failing toy company.

That’s the dumbest thing I have ever heard anyone say in my life. You do realize that all mainstream financial institutions are already heading this direction, don’t you genius?

Have you ever considered shitting out of the other side of your body like the rest of the world!

I see nobody paying with their phone. Zero. Whatever the banks are doing is worth nothing. You people are stuck in a nerdy scifi dream world.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:13:28 PM

Ill tell you know why this will never take off although this is a good idea. Ebay will never let bitcoin be accepted method.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:16:05 PM

I've paid for things with my phone, then again it's a bit more advanced than that trinket. Maybe Texas is just too backwards for high technology?

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:17:22 PM

I see nobody paying with their phone. Zero. Whatever the banks are doing is worth nothing. You people are stuck in a nerdy scifi dream world.

That's because you live in the armpit of assland Texas. Try coming to Asia where we make everything you get 6 years before you get it. I use my phone to pay for everything. Please step aside and let the adults talk.

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:17:38 PM

I've paid for things with my phone, then again it's a bit more advanced than that trinket. Maybe Texas is just too backwards for high technology?
Try again. Austin is second to Silicon Valley in tech.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:19:57 PM

Try again. Austin is second to Silicon Valley in tech.

Sure is! And even Silicon Valley itself sucks balls compared to Japan, Korea, Taiwan and China.

EDIT: Americans are really good at standardizing things. Asians are really good at getting them out the door, that's why there are more lawsuits and safety issues against Asian products than even US products. You sir, are in the wrong country to be talking about imaginary ideas that need to be made and tried before they can work. America is more about proving something can work before it does.

Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:20:06 PM

That's because you live in the armpit of assland Texas. Try coming to Asia where we make everything you get 6 years before you get it. I use my phone to pay for everything. Please step aside and let the adults talk.

Asia is a different culture. What works for Asians may not always work fully for Americans and other peoples.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:23:45 PM

Asia is a different culture. What works for Asians may not always work fully for Americans and other peoples.

It is a different culture indeed, and as I've pointed out numerous times, I truly believe that Bitcoin is essentially useless to Koreans for example who can wire transfer over their cell phone in the same amount of time it would take to send bitcoins, all from a secured, locked down, government backed and insured bank of 100+ years history without incurring any fees at all.

That right there though only works in a country as small as Korea for legal reasons alone. Having something like that in the USA would be a nightmare for legal and financial reasons. And that is exactly my point. America hasn't been the "leader" in technology in a long, long time. Right now it's the anvil of the technology world-- solid, but weighing everything else down.

payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:28:56 PM

2. make a [mtgox] account and load it with some money

anyone care to break this step down into it's 483 sub-steps?
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 11:39:59 PM

step 72 includes handing over your firstborn

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 12:15:23 AM

It is a different culture indeed, and as I've pointed out numerous times, I truly believe that Bitcoin is essentially useless to Koreans for example who can wire transfer over their cell phone in the same amount of time it would take to send bitcoins, all from a secured, locked down, government backed and insured bank of 100+ years history without incurring any fees at all.

That right there though only works in a country as small as Korea for legal reasons alone. Having something like that in the USA would be a nightmare for legal and financial reasons. And that is exactly my point. America hasn't been the "leader" in technology in a long, long time. Right now it's the anvil of the technology world-- solid, but weighing everything else down.
Until they wish to purchase a product or service from a US Website without a Credit Card. International cross culture online transactions is where Bitcoin will shine, not in person local transactions where there is already a smorgasbord of payment methods  to choose from. Reading this thread is like watching a bunch of people argue on the most effective way to pick the fruit right at the top of the tree when is an abundance of ripe fruit ready to be picked right at arms length. I say pick the easy fruit first, feast, and then worry about the fruit at the top of the tree.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2012, 12:25:51 AM

Yes, let's replace cheap plastic, disposable cards with an expensive device. Let's require all the poor people out there to invest in electronics.

youre missing the point.  people already have these devices.  There are a billion camera phones in the world.  There's no need to buy an expensive device.  We can build the future with software, all software.  Ditch the plastic cards and start making digital wallets that can work on any phone.

M-PESA in Africa sends payments by SMS text message.  we can do that with bitcoin, someone should figure it out.

Oh Tony, you seem to have missed the point..

A $50 device with 5 hours of battery life, a 3g connection, a camera, and a solid, utilitarian style. -- compatible with the steve jobs look -- is the only way to ensure that BecauseBitcoin.com is prominently displayed for all the other turtle neck wearing woolong device carrying citizens; Citizens who will then know that you, Tony, have graduated into the inner sanctum of digital hip.

Because, Bitcoin.

Jonathan  I don't want to carry multiple devices around.  Give me something where I can use bitcoin easily on the devices I already carry with me everywhere.

Facebook doesn't have a device, and the facebook wallet will be strictly software also.  and 800 million people can use it.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
nebulus

Activity: 490

... it only gets better...

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 01:34:52 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2012, 01:48:41 AM by nebulus

Using the Android Bitcoin client:

1. Get out phone.
2. Tap app symbol.
3. Scan QR code on website
4. Enter amount
5. Tap send.
6. Product is on its way!

That's it.

Don't worry. We are getting there.

Thumbs up! This is the future...
One question: Wouldn't PayPal be able to do exactly the same thing if they wanted to?

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 01:43:07 AM

A stolen Bitcoin private key will result in a very small loss according to my system.

You have yet to prove using multiple cards with various amounts will result in a likely chance of significant loss:

It won't.

I stand by my system completely. Getting ripped off with my system is as likely as your waitress refusing to give you change out of a $50 bill.

Son, there is no system. There is only a very vague idea. I appreciate the fact that you are thinking and coming up with ideas, but I don't appreciate pompous bullshitting.  If you ever actually start developing a system around the ideas you outlined, you might notice that the devil is in the details. More likely, you won't even notice, but you will continue working immersed in arrogance.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 01:52:56 AM

In summary, follow these two steps and Bitcoin will be the currency of the future.

You're welcome.

Wow so cool.  When are you going to implement this and open up your company?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 02:04:58 AM

That’s the dumbest thing I have ever heard anyone say in my life. You do realize that all mainstream financial institutions are already heading this direction, don’t you genius?

Have you ever considered shitting out of the other side of your body like the rest of the world!

In many other places in the world, this is how they transect purchases.  I was in Congo a few months back and saw all these people go to a store and play with their phone at the cash register.  I didn't know what they were doing and the sales person showed me how they can send money to each via SMS.  I thought, why don't we do this in America?

I guess it doesn't matter anyway.  "Boss" is on my ignore list.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 02:20:36 AM

In many other places in the world, this is how they transect purchases.  I was in Congo a few months back and saw all these people go to a store and play with their phone at the cash register.  I didn't know what they were doing and the sales person showed me how they can send money to each via SMS.  I thought, why don't we do this in America?

I guess it doesn't matter anyway.  "Boss" is on my ignore list.

It does not happen in the United States because the United States has one of the most archaic and over regulated banking systems in the world. M-PESA is one of the most innovative financial products world wide and it is not available in "developed" countries because of banking regulations more often than not at the behest of the United Sates. By the way one of the really cool features of M-PESA is that one can walk into a store and purchase M-PESA for cash and have your M-PESA credited to your phone. 

Even here in Canada our banking system is decades ahead of the US system.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
EightBit

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 02:22:22 AM

step 72 includes handing over your firstborn

seriously.  This US citizen tech and finance savvy newbie is at day 9 attempting to buy $50 of BitCoin.  I think I might be able to by the end of the week.
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 22, 2012, 02:33:45 AM

we need price to rise,
we need serious companies in,
flurish!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: