Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:06:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Index spread between major exchanges  (Read 687 times)
RockHound (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:27:42 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 10:57:21 PM by RockHound

Any else noticing the spread between Stamp, BTCe, Huobi, OKCoin? EDIT Bitfinex

Stamp just went to $615, while BTCe $626, Huobi $647, Bitfinex $645

Typically Stamp has consistently shown the highest index, however in the last week Huobi is much higher.

The index in theory is set by respective user base on each exchange, perhaps in the near future there will be a "wholesale" exchange  where one could pick up say 50+BTC at wholesale prices? Or $25,000+ to qualify for special rates.

Would anyone be interested in such a site?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:28:52 PM

It's weird. Like someone is trying to shake out some weak hands. But now, after all this time?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:31:50 PM

It's weird. Like someone is trying to shake out some weak hands. But now, after all this time?

Is it really that weird?  Ever noticed that whale(s) on Stamp, BTC-e, and  Huobi seem to always dump hard on the very days that strong good news comes out?
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:32:46 PM

Possibly some big fish that are aware of the level of leveraged long positions. I have said before in many posts. Take Stamp out the picture, and the market would have broken out. Despite the much greater volume on now both Bifinex and the big Chinese exchanges, seems that the bullish whales aren't interested in ramping lower volume and thinner Ask walls on Stamp Huh

But more peculiar, why aren't those cheap Bitcoins on Stamp being bought and arb'ed on Bitfinex? I am sure there are people who have the channels in place for arbing on Huobi also. Sub $620 BTC were definitely for sale on Stamp. I bought some. I aint arbing, I would rather keep my BTC and fiat away from Bitfinex.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:35:57 PM

Whales at work? Was strongly considering moving to BTCe because in the recent past was always $10+ lower than Stamp. I figured the engineers at BTCe did this on purpose as a unique sales point for all it's clients, but not sure now.

Perhaps the days of arbitrage are not over? I'm guessing not many people on here have an account with Huobi, not sure how their banking withdrawals/deposits are going with all the stuff in China Bitcoin world. I'm guessing someone is making a lot of money this week!
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:37:30 PM

The weird part like Mat said is that stamp stays well below finex. Been like this for days. Gotta be some sort of rational reason for that but not one I can figure out.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:41:25 PM

Possibly some big fish that are aware of the level of leveraged long positions. I have said before in many posts. Take Stamp out the picture, and the market would have broken out. Despite the much greater volume on now both Bifinex and the big Chinese exchanges, seems that the bullish whales aren't interested in ramping lower volume and thinner Ask walls on Stamp Huh

But more peculiar, why aren't those cheap Bitcoins on Stamp being bought and arb'ed on Bitfinex? I am sure there are people who have the channels in place for arbing on Huobi also. Sub $620 BTC were definitely for sale on Stamp. I bought some. I aint arbing, I would rather keep my BTC and fiat away from Bitfinex.

Excellent observation, once again! If this continues, that's a pretty good arb opportunity for us between Stamp/BTCe and Bitfinex!

On that note, do you have personal experience with Bitfinex Mat? I have a fully registered account with them, just wasn't sure about their fiat funding/withdrawal times?
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:51:35 PM

Guys,

Bitfinex is currently @ $647
Stamp/BTCe @ $ $625

$22 margin

If we arb'ed

100BTC that would yield a fiat profit of $2200
50BTC : $1100
25BTC : $550

This of course, would be assuming a ~$20 becomes consistent over next month or so. I hope someone out there is doing this every 2-3days and making a killing.  Cool  All within Europe too
Raystonn

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:54:49 PM

There appears to be more volume and a deeper order book at bitfinex.  I'm seriously considering moving all my analysis to that exchange.  The weekly MACD has turned green and the candle is about to close in an hour.  It looks like someone at bitstamp is trying to manipulate the market, and it's not translating to the other exchanges.
Raystonn

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:55:58 PM

The unfortunate problem is this appears to be the exchange now being reported by Yahoo and Google.  So the manipulator is apparently putting on a show for the rest of the world now.
MatTheCat

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:57:50 PM

Excellent observation, once again! If this continues, that's a pretty good arb opportunity for us between Stamp/BTCe and Bitfinex!

On that note, do you have personal experience with Bitfinex Mat? I have a fully registered account with them, just wasn't sure about their fiat funding/withdrawal times?

I don't trust Bitfinex. I have witnessed short trade stop loss orders being placed behind 1K Ask walls, right at top of market as market started slipping away, only for Bitfinex to spike right up through supposed 1K wall on very little volume, and my stop loss buy orders actually being the very top of the market. I have also witnessed spot on Bitfinex running $5 past my buy-in orders, only for my orders to be left untouched. I have felt somehow unjustly robbed on more than one occasion on Bitfinex.

Bitfinex are players for sure, and they are players with access to all manner of information that players shouldn't have access to, and with absolutely no regulation or oversight.

Spend any amount of time looking at the charts for these wild erratic spikes and dips that don't conform with the market, and you will notice that they only ever happen on Bitfinex, BTC-e, and of course the CNY exchanges. I think that there will be good reason's for this and these reasons stink of piss. The most obvious example looking over the chart history is the BTC-e and Bitfinex crash to $100. Not saying it was 'exchange insiders' that perpetrated. It seemed to me to be rather more like someone had hacked the exchange fake volume bots or something. But lots of real money was lost and lots of people who had buy-ins way down in these lower hundred ranges were overlooked as spot price zipped right down and then right up past their buy in tranches. Again, it all stank of piss and shit and it never ever happens on Stamp.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:02:00 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 11:13:07 PM by RockHound

The unfortunate problem is this appears to be the exchange now being reported by Yahoo and Google.  So the manipulator is apparently putting on a show for the rest of the world now.

Good point mate, noticed the news about Bitcoin integration to Google, Yahoo finance - But never questioned how their price index was calculated.

Looking at the stats again, this is indeed a good arbitrage opportunity at the moment, but I question how consistent/reliable this will be. Seems like it only lasts say 2-6Hrs each time?
RockHound (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:12:42 PM

I don't trust Bitfinex. I have witnessed short trade stop loss orders being placed behind 1K Ask walls, right at top of market as market started slipping away, only for Bitfinex to spike right up through supposed 1K wall on very little volume, and my stop loss buy orders actually being the very top of the market. I have also witnessed spot on Bitfinex running $5 past my buy-in orders, only for my orders to be left untouched. I have felt somehow unjustly robbed on more than one occasion on Bitfinex.

Bitfinex are players for sure, and they are players with access to all manner of information that players shouldn't have access to, and with absolutely no regulation or oversight.

Spend any amount of time looking at the charts for these wild erratic spikes and dips that don't conform with the market, and you will notice that they only ever happen on Bitfinex, BTC-e, and of course the CNY exchanges. I think that there will be good reason's for this and these reasons stink of piss. The most obvious example looking over the chart history is the BTC-e and Bitfinex crash to $100. Not saying it was 'exchange insiders' that perpetrated. It seemed to me to be rather more like someone had hacked the exchange fake volume bots or something. But lots of real money was lost and lots of people who had buy-ins way down in these lower hundred ranges were overlooked as spot price zipped right down and then right up past their buy in tranches. Again, it all stank of piss and shit and it never ever happens on Stamp.

Cheers for that Matty, good to hear reports/experiences from actual users! Yeah, I mean wouldn't be interested in their stop/loss or leverage trading. Just if their spot price fills my order, then that's ok.

Even on Bitstamp, when my order price hits, it doesn't always complete - especially for larger orders and I have to re-adjust the price for the remaining fiat  Sad  I'm not sure about the whole price manipulation thing, but at times it certainly looks that way.
MatTheCat

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:50:33 PM

From what I have observed in the last 24 there has been minimal (still some) downward pressure on stamp BUT solid upward pressure on bitfinex.  Some one is trying to keep the weekly MACD in the green?

Minimal downward pressure on Stamp?

U joking?

Raystonn

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:55:44 PM

From what I have observed in the last 24 there has been minimal (still some) downward pressure on stamp BUT solid upward pressure on bitfinex.  Some one is trying to keep the weekly MACD in the green?

Minimal downward pressure on Stamp?

U joking?

We're still above where we were 12 days ago.
MatTheCat

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 11:56:25 PM

We're still above where we were 12 days ago.

I know this. But he said in the last 24 hours.

RockHound (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:18:15 PM

Here's a written article regarding this margin:

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/bitcoin-trading-platform-bitfinex-distancing-bitstamp/2014/06/12
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: