Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 04:19:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Isle of Man and Bitcoin?  (Read 2023 times)
NotAtOld

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:08:12 PM

It's basically creating a place that exchanges can exist, legally.
This is a good thing.
cccarnation

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:49:52 PM

We need a crypto credit union so merchants and the likes are not forced to deal with banks directly. This entity could be devoted to finding and maintaining partners with banking entities to do nothing but convert from crypto to fiat and back.

collinstar

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:50:04 PM

We need a crypto credit union so merchants and the likes are not forced to deal with banks directly. This entity could be devoted to finding and maintaining partners with banking entities to do nothing but convert from crypto to fiat and back.

Well, even credit unions interface with fiat somewhere, whether that's a payment processor or Visa/Mastercard themselves. Those entities have just as much incentive to shut Bitcoin out, and will surely do so. The answer is to move more and more to a full Bitcoin economy. Get paid in BTC, spend it in BTC. I'm already 50-60% there (many of my dev contracts are paid in BTC, and I pay for many of my household expenses in BTC).
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:13:30 PM

A coin bank.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: