Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: www.instant-bitcoins.com and PayProCoin - Breaking UK Laws?  (Read 2377 times)
darrenwgray

Activity: 756
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:46:02 PM

I don't think in the strictest sense of the financial term, that they are actually doing an IPO.

From what I understand of their offering it is more likely to become aligned to crowdfunding, which the FCA DO have some regulation over and had rules introduced back in April.
Regretfully I will do the research for that as I have far more pressing matters to attend to.... good luck if you have to read any of their circular white papers!

(Oh and while Crycurex-Support is still accusing me of spoiling his reputation; look... seee... I am being unbiased here on BTC and not moaning about him at all)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:50:50 PM

I have far more pressing matters to attend to....

me too; mexico v cameroon 2nd half ...then spain v holland ...then chile v australia  Grin

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
CaptainBeck

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:53:02 AM

me too; mexico v cameroon 2nd half ...then spain v holland ...then chile v australia  Grin

SPAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........ (catch breath) ahahahahahahhahahahahhahah

Hmmmmm they are using SHA-256 wonder how many people will mine on it??
raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:14:28 AM

me too; mexico v cameroon 2nd half ...then spain v holland ...then chile v australia  Grin

SPAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........ (catch breath) ahahahahahahhahahahahhahah

I genuinely LOLLED my head off - Dutch showing some class, reckon they coulda beat any team with that performance!

I reckon they will get a massive hashrate - there's a lot of old ASICs out there which no longer earn much on BTC, people always look for new launches to pump n dump.

I reckon it won't be long until that IPO price is cut in half, and with the sheer number of coins to be mined, actual value isn't going to be much more than 100 satoshi (if it even settles at that price) - i'd give 'em 72 hours on a toy exchange to dump that premine. It's always the way... ho-hum  Roll Eyes

CaptainBeck

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:18:55 AM

me too; mexico v cameroon 2nd half ...then spain v holland ...then chile v australia  Grin

I genuinely LOLLED my head off - Dutch showing some class, reckon they coulda beat any team with that performance!

I reckon they will get a massive hashrate - there's a lot of old ASICs out there which no longer earn much on BTC, people always look for new launches to pump n dump.

I reckon it won't be long until that IPO price is cut in half, and with the sheer number of coins to be mined, actual value isn't going to be much more than 100 satoshi (if it even settles at that price) - i'd give 'em 72 hours on a toy exchange to dump that premine. It's always the way... ho-hum  Roll Eyes

Yup, they were just class all the way through the game.

Thats a common story being told on here often really, pre-mined coins makes a few satoshi and gets dumped and forgotten so quickly. Well hopefully this wont effect paypoints side of stuff. 
raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:25:23 AM

Yup, they were just class all the way through the game.

Thats a common story being told on here often really, pre-mined coins makes a few satoshi and gets dumped and forgotten so quickly. Well hopefully this wont effect paypoints side of stuff. 

the only reason for the IPO is that they know it's the only way that premine is going to raise anywhere near a decent amount of money.
If they had such confidence in the coin, they'd do ZERO premine and build a community around it. The best coins have succeeded with mere donations from the mining community. Pre-mine isn't the way to maintain a coins value; more, the opposite.

raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:48:26 PM

I have been served a legal notice on the Original [ANN] Thread of PayProCoin.

response in text;

Dear Darren,

Thank you for your notice of intent to pursue legal actions against me.
As it has been your initiative to begin legal proceedings, and given
notification via this forum thread, I hereby serve notice to you that I
will only accept correspondence from your legal representative via this
open and public forum thread. Any correspondence outwith this forum
thread will be null, and duly ignored.

For your assurances, I will consider all visible posts by myself on this
thread, to be your prerogative with intent to sue.
It is the obligation therefore, of your lawyer to inform me of any court
hearing; date and location, with at least 4 weeks notice, given via this
forum thread.

Without Prejudice,

Russell.

I will await their legal correspondence. I hope to hear back from PayPoint in the near future regarding their affiliation with Instant Bitcoins UK.

CaptainBeck

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:50:13 PM

Well that got out of hand fast.

Is this the only details so far he has sent you??
raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:51:19 PM

Well that got out of hand fast.

Is this the only details so far he has sent you??

continual deletion of posts (which I hope he has kept copies of) and that notification. yes.

"Trolling is illegal"  Wink

CaptainBeck

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:53:21 PM

Well deformation of character without proof is illegal (I think, so please proof me wrong on this). This isnt a great way of starting a business, guess you have really pissed them off.
raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:00:05 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 03:29:26 PM by raskul

Well deformation of character without proof is illegal (I think, so please proof me wrong on this). This isnt a great way of starting a business, guess you have really pissed them off.

I have made no effort to defame anyone, I simply asked questions of the legitimacy of a business regarding refund policies and I believe that I have received clarity on that particular question on this thread; none of it was personal and it was asked without prejudice;

Code:
Defamation - Elements of a Claim

Under Article 10(2) of the Convention, the protection of the reputation
of others is a legitimate ground for restricting the right to freedom of
expression. Libel and slander are legal claims that protect an individual’s
reputation against defamation. An individual is defamed when a person
publishes to a third party words or matter containing an untrue imputation
against his or her reputation.

An untrue imputation - is a statement, not a question.

from; http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrights/right-of-free-expression/defamation/defamation-elements-of-a-claim.html

I should reiterate, this was made as a direct personal message to me, from The CEO, Darren Palmer;

Please file away.

Im sick of idiots like you SHOUTING YOUR MOUTHS OFF without waiting for an answer to a question.

Go and have a wank or beat up your wife or whatever your Scotish scum do for a living.

You make me sick - your nothing but a TROLL

CaptainBeck

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:29:04 PM

Good luck with all of this, I'm gonna wipe my hands and walk away because I cant be arsed to deal with any legal stuff.
raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:31:03 PM

Good luck with all of this, I'm gonna wipe my hands and walk away because I cant be arsed to deal with any legal stuff.

take care mate. been good chatting  Smiley

CaptainBeck

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:33:06 PM

Ahhh I'm sure we will talk again on another less litigious thread.
raskul (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:48:49 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 05:01:01 PM by raskul

Ahhh I'm sure we will talk again on another less litigious thread.

well i'm am continually questioning clone-coin postings, and the intent behind any IPO or pre-mine; so check out new [ANN] threads regularly  Cool
I just don't like honest people being scammed, and as there are a lot of juveniles who use these forums, it's easy pickings for people who think they can make a quick stash of money by leading people into their scams, it is my continued opinion that ProPayCoin is one of those 'get rich quick' scams and there may or may not be the intent to sell off a massive pre-mine, at first chance.

the facts regarding PayProCoin;

A varied clone of the Bitcoin cryptocurrency code.
80Billion coins to be mined, over decades.
80million coins pre-mined by the developer, at an initial IPO offering price of 0.00002500 btc, offered by Instant Bitcoins UK
40million offered in the IPO = 1000BTC (at time of launch exchange rate : €410,696.74)

Therefore, the company; Instant Bitcoins UK must now clearly show that they have the funds to buy the remaining 40million pre-mined PayProCoins at the price listed for sale, as they have been held back for use by the company. I am now seeking clarity on this issue from the FCA (http://www.fca.org.uk).

I will continue warning people of the risks of such investments, and I am always happy to accept professional answers, laid out in a constructive way.

I have done the same thing in the past with coins such as URO (which I currently now invest in), SHACOIN (which had a hidden premine) and others.
Anyone running a legitimate business, should be able to retort any concern; by showing, in a professional manner that their intent is a good one.

this thread is now locked as I believe it is not against the law to not offer refunds in this case, and the answers I have been given seem correct.
A more generic topic relating to ICO's has been posted here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=653205.0

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: