Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:08:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock Exchange testing, round 3  (Read 8242 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 10:54:08 AM

yrral86 ,Just trying to go over you're error, and I thought it was a strange one, have not seen that before.

It seems you have managed to find/accidentally discover a somewhat obscure bug, congradulatons.

So you have 2 accounts on the system(am I right?).
The bitcoin address you tried to withdraw to is actually a deposit address you we're given for another account.

You had deposited 0.00000002 to your first account with the address 1MqoX4QphLAhvAEbGs9omJF1sBZbAC9Pwq, and then tried to withdraw 0.00000002 from your second account to the same address 1MqoX4QphLAhvAEbGs9omJF1sBZbAC9Pwq.

The withdraw was successfull, however there was a transaction charge which was removed from the general wallet (and not recorded in the database).

Also the address 1MqoX4QphLAhvAEbGs9omJF1sBZbAC9Pwq is only meant to be used once (for the initial deposit), any further payments to that address will not be entered into the db (although they will be put into your wallet account) which will result the balance of your wallet account and your db account being different, which is bad.

So my solution to this issue will be to prevent withdrawing to a deposit address, and setting minimum withdrawal amounts,  I also need to account for transaction fees (from the miners) for withdrawals.

I currently have 2 sets of books for bitcoin, and they do not balance as a result of the above. This is really something that I need to fix before brining the system online again (otherwise the mess to clear up will be much greater).

These are purely issues caused by interaction with the bitcoin daemon (that to be honest I hadn't known about). They are pretty serious but totally fixable.

For everyone who has deposited btc, issued or bought shares don't worry, everything will be just as it should when the system comes back online. But it will be a day or two before this happens(for me to fix the system, and then ensure everyone has their correct balance and shares).

nefario.

Yikes, are you saying that when the bitcoin daemon's accounts system is used to maintain a number of different accounts, such as accounts for various customer balances to be accounted by, the bitcoin trasaction fees are not accounted to the specific accounts the transactions are done by?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 11:56:02 AM

Yikes, are you saying that when the bitcoin daemon's accounts system is used to maintain a number of different accounts, such as accounts for various customer balances to be accounted by, the bitcoin trasaction fees are not accounted to the specific accounts the transactions are done by?

-MarkM-

No, I was unaware at the time that bitcoind automatically charged for transactions smaller than 0.01btc, and I didn't account for it(or take precautions to prevent individual account "overdrafts"). I have now done so.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 01:39:22 PM

Beta of glbse is open for trading http://glbse.com

Please see terms http://glbse.com/terms.html

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 08:13:10 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2011, 05:06:03 AM by BioMike

Code:
./bmc.py register
........................................................+++
.......................................................................................+++
Those 2 lines and then it just sits there... how long should I wait?

<edit>
Now it works.
</edit>
Tawsix

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I have always been afraid of banks.

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 05:00:28 AM

I was wondering, is there going to be support for stock splitting?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: