Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:12:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide][Lee Goup] SilverFish 28MH Scrypt Miner– Notlist3d (Picture Heavy)  (Read 12452 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:20:19 AM

These are shipping out.  Currently in group buys shipment date is less than 48 hours from order in Lee Group Buy https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.0

Feel free to ask any questions about this miner.  Depending on interest level teamviewer/skype can be used to show device if enough interest from someone.
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:59:51 PM

Updated 2nd post with troubleshooting for lower hashing blades.
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:07:55 PM

Copied from Lee Group group buy thread:

updated on  26 Jun 2014
The price of the miners adjust, especially the  scrypt miner adjust a lot, please check the following form to see the detail.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yrP7bd7tekW8XCp7EZ5BKAB5wAcnshdyGVfygQOspE8/edit#gid=416246852

You will notice in the thread the prices: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.0
elaramus

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:58:44 PM

How noisy are these little guys (as compared to other miners)? I've run the gamut from block erupter, to G-blade, S1, S2, SP10 and avalon so looking for an equivalent in the world of noise making before I buy.

Next question, what size are those fans?
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:56:38 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 08:43:12 PM by notlist3d

How noisy are these little guys (as compared to other miners)? I've run the gamut from block erupter, to G-blade, S1, S2, SP10 and avalon so looking for an equivalent in the world of noise making before I buy.

It uses two small fan's, I do not have exact size.  Manufacture does not list it and I don't have any so small that match.   With being two small fan's they do spin very fast and there is some noise.  The A2-30 is quieter by a decent amount for me. With a few miners and cooling in same room dedicated to mining to be honest sound is not a issue to me.  
elaramus

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:44:53 PM

It uses two small fan's, I do not have exact size.  Manufacture does not list it and I don't have any so small that match.   With being two small fan's they do spin very fast and there is some noise.  I would say is quieter then my dragon miner in same room. But the A2-30 is quieter by a decent amount for me. With a few miners and cooling in same room dedicated to mining to be honest sound is not a issue to me. 

Thanks for the quick answer.

Could I ask you to measure the distance between the center points of two of the fan screws? That will tell me what size the fan is.
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:36:23 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 11:47:51 PM by notlist3d

Posted a SilverFish 1 Hour restarting batch file.  Hope it helps if anyone experiences problems with hash rate dropping after a few hours of running.

This quite simply restarts the SilverFish mining software once a hour, and hopefully will increase the hash rate per day for those who have dropping in hash rate after a few hours. It was released in second post as how to make it so you can build it yourself.  As for your safety no batch file will be posted to download, you create your own and are able to view what it does.
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:58:00 AM

Revised batch file with a exit.
chadwickx16

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:10:55 PM

Can these be run off of a Raspberry Pi? And is there any support for BFGMiner or CGminer yet?

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:32:42 AM

Can these be run off of a Raspberry Pi? And is there any support for BFGMiner or CGminer yet?

So far it has just been Windows.  I have set up a low wattage PC for it myself.

The software is designed as a windows .exe so far I have not seen any port to raspberry pi. 
dtjosu

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:16:40 PM

I setup the SF28MH 2 days ago and I've had a great experience with the software (once I found the English download as my Chinese is not good enough apparently).  Sadly though the hardware hasn't lived up to the level of the software.  I haven't been able to keep the hardware running anywhere near the 28MH.  It will run at full speed for a short period of time, usually around 30 mins.  Then it start cutting out on one of the blades and usually will run around 13MH for awhile. 

I setup the reboot batch file to see if that helps but that doesn't really seem to solve the problem.  It will leave the occurrence of the miner open that was running about half speed and then open a 2nd occurrence of the miner that will sometimes pick up some hash rate.  Maybe I missed something in setting that batch file up but if it is going to start a new occurrence of the miner, shouldn't it close the old one?

Hopefully there are just some setting that can be tweaked to get this more stable but so far this doesn't come anywhere near being satisfactory.  It is very power efficient and the software is very user-friendly but it doesn't hash, it doesn't matter.  Compared to ZeusMiner Thunder, the ZM wins hands-down so far as at least it is running consistently at full speed and no down-time.  The ZM is way louder and way less power efficient than the SF but at least it hashes. 

If you have any suggested changes I can make to the settings, please let me know. I am running this with a Corsair 650TX PSU so it should have more than enough power and I don't see anything else that's wrong. 
dtjosu

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:44:12 PM

One other note, the reject rate has been running in the 18-20% range even when it is hashing at full speed.
dtjosu

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:17:58 PM

I think I found the issue I had in the batch file with the file continuing to add extra occurrences of the miner.  I edited it to change the non-english name to start the miner but didn't edit the kill option.  That should fix that and I'll see how things go from there.
pcfli
Legendary

Activity: 1006

SafeHaven.Finance

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 09:39:48 AM

the price of the SF miner adjust to 1999$ now, also with bulk order discount, you will get at most 150$ discount when place big order
also you can see the following link to see the detail price

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AR9WDipM4vpQoUA47wKV6eM4FNkEQk6HqoRzElH6N14/edit?usp=sharing

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄████████████████▀

▄████████████████▀
    █
 ▄█████████████▀▀   ▄█
  ▐█
▄██████████▀▀  ▄▄▄████
  ▐█▄
████████▀ ▄███████████
  ▐██
██████▀▄████████▀▄███▌
  ███
█████ ██████▀▀▄▄████▀
  ████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
  ▄████▀
 ▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  ▄▄█████▀
  ▀
▄▄▄██████████████████▀
 ▄▀ ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
..HAVEN..
[Community Driven DeFi
Project Built on BSC
]▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█░███████████████████████░█
█░█████░░░░░█░▀██████████░█
█░█████░░░░░█░░░▀████████░█
█░█████░░▀▀░█░░░░░▀██████░█

█░█████░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████░█
█░█████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░█████░█
█░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░█
█░███████████████████████░█
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
█████████████████████████

█████████████
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:11:00 AM

I think I found the issue I had in the batch file with the file continuing to add extra occurrences of the miner.  I edited it to change the non-english name to start the miner but didn't edit the kill option.  That should fix that and I'll see how things go from there.

That would be correct you will edit both kill and run.  If they release a new version it can be edited as-well.  I hope you find it useful on the batch file.  So far I've heard positive things about it so far.
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:17:37 AM

One other note, the reject rate has been running in the 18-20% range even when it is hashing at full speed.

You might try a different pool or look into difficulty.  This is very very high.  Even if hashing at full speed it should not be near that.
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:42:20 AM

SilverFish has released new software and firmware (5th firmware).  Currently testing to see how it does.  Only thing I have noticed is the SilverFish software seems not have a English version yet.

Again will let you know what my results are.
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:06:17 PM

Put a SFMinerR3.04 restart batch file up.  Again you make one from it, for your security I do not make batch files for download.

Still testing will let you know results more on new firmware and software after a little more testing.
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:10:48 AM

So far the new software is looking promising, have been testing alongside with new firmware and 1 hour reset.

If your's is currently working good and consistent without upgrading I would say stay with your current setup.  But if you are not it's worth using.  Just keep in mind that it's using a Chinese program. Exact same spots as English on buttons so not hard to use if familiar with previous use of program.

Also you can downgrade firmware and use old software if it does not work.

*I have not heard of a single SilverFish having a problem with firmware or hurting it from it, but just putting a standard warning for all firmware.  If power goes out, problem from upgrading, etc during process I take no responsibility on upgrading firmware.
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:14:14 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 04:58:09 AM by notlist3d

Bump for the fellow fish out there in the ocean of miner's.  Also check out new hosting price for a professionally hosted dragons at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514758.0

Also with later firmware and software the restart batch was not needed in my case.  With these fish it does seem to vary depending on cooling environment.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: