Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 04:15:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What good things has Obama had since he is elected ?  (Read 11526 times)
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:40:28 PM

Obama helped the children all over the world (of Latin America) for a better future for "free"

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/061314-704725-texas-border-immigration-wave-may-well-be-orchestrated.htm?ref=mp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://youtu.be/TW9b0xr06qA

joshraban76

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:47:41 PM

Obama helped the children all over the world (of Latin America) for a better future for "free"

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/061314-704725-texas-border-immigration-wave-may-well-be-orchestrated.htm?ref=mp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice, what about the children of Iraq and Palestine ?

Did they have the time to learn ?!!

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:29:19 PM

Nice, what about the children of Iraq and Palestine ?

Did they have the time to learn ?!!

Obama is not responsible for his own inaction. Bush is. and Global warming  Wink

ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:03:42 AM

President Obama has not done anything good for this country or the economy.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:37:43 AM

1. Obama Care
2. Economy (it is improving despite Republican obstructionism)
3. Libya (ousting of Qadafy)
5. stopping the Keystone pipeline (at least so far)
6. ending don't ask don't tell
7. ending the Bush tax cuts for high earners
8. ending the stupid Bush policy on restricting stem cell research
9. Improved America's standing in the world community

1) That's his worst failing.  Utterly destroying GDP growth with companies uncertain on legislation.  Hillary will ride in a "save us" with a single payer system that will eventually become tier.  His quintessential achievement is his biggest leadership failure (having Pelosi and Reid write the laws is a failure of leadership)
2) Economy is worse.  You need to learn what a structural deficit is.  See #1.  Of course this helped BTC grow Tongue
3) He violated his own policy but yes he succeeded (probably with McCain prompting him).
4) He didn't learn how to count at Harvard.
5) You can't have #2 and #5- one or the other.  You protect water supplies or create a national works project - not both.
6) I agree
7) Failure - he should have fixed the tax code to stop loopholes, but that is hard to do when you Sec of Treasury is a tax cheat who conveniently forgets to send in payroll taxes even though his own accountant sent 2 letters.
Cool I agree
9) You must either live in a Muslim predominated country or are confused.  Most countries see him as a successor to Bush.  Nobel peace prize pfft.

His single biggest achievement, sadly, was his position as Commander in Chief - telling Pakistan to go to hell by taking out Osama.  Something that Clinton didn't want to do and Bush chose not to attempt.  I doubt many who hate America's military influence around the world had a problem with taking out the titular head of Al Queda
sana8410

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:19:17 PM

Barack Obama has executed a whole lot of tasks.. However, the best of the lot is the killing of terrorist Osama Bin Laden and the end of war in Iraq.
That’s not true , he didn’t kill Osama Bin Laden , SWAT and FBI team did that , but yes that happened when he came to the office . But what you think about starting this war with Libya ? Is it the same like with Iraq just few miles difference same goal same oil same shits happening .
If you don’t know much about Obama that’s not the reason to make him look bad . He did some good things really take a look . and then judge ! But if you are president some people are going to like you some are not . That’s normal fact !

Proof you can please only some people some of times .

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/15/...citations/

I didn’t say only bad things . I would give him credits for that Improving the Economy, Preventing Depression and in fields of Wall Street reforms that he made . I can agree on that civil rights and anti-discrimination improvements that he made .

But as you said you can please only some people some of times . I don’t like Obama that's my opinion Smiley
According to a 2012 poll conducted by Gallup, a company famous for the integrity of their public opinion polls, 54% of Libyans approve of U.S. leadership, compared to only 22% and 19% respective approval for China and Russia's, and 75% of Libyans say they approved of NATO's military intervention in the civil war.

Well, what did you expect? Gaddafi was brutally oppressing his own citizens and killing the rebels and anyone who dares to speak against him en mass. His was an authoritarian dictatorship where ordinary citizens like you and I do not have a voice in what happens to us, our family and our neighbors.

Are you saying that such a leader should not be overthrown?
Yes u are right I agree with you totally , every country must be democratic ! Gaddafi was dictator just like Hitler or Stalin or any other dictators who need to be overthrown for good of all people of that region .

Every man deserve the have human rights and freedom in any way this rights are based on Geneva convention human rights . If you don’t agree with basic human rights than you don’t deserve to lead one country !

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:46:15 PM

What about Obama's saving of the US automobile industry by giving government bailouts in 2009? A lot of people regarded it as a bad move and waste of tax payer's money.

However, General Motors is now one of the most profitable companies in the world. GM has earned a stunning $22.6 billion in the 5 years since the bailouts in 2009 and has repaid everything it was obligated to repay the US gov.

Chrysler Group LLC has also repaid their $7.5 billion debt from the 2009 federal bailout to the U.S. and Canadian government in 2011, when the deadline that they had been given was 2017. They managed to pay 6 years early.

For all concerned, Obama's bailout plan was a success. If he had taken down those companies instead through the 'controlled bankruptcy' plans a lot of his political opponents were advocating, there'll be millions of jobs lost from american soil and more money flowing out of the country buying more imported cars which will further raise the national debt level.

So this was indeed a far sighted move by Obama.

noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:50:53 PM

Barack Obama has executed a whole lot of tasks.. However, the best of the lot is the killing of terrorist Osama Bin Laden and the end of war in Iraq.
That’s not true , he didn’t kill Osama Bin Laden , SWAT and FBI team did that , but yes that happened when he came to the office . But what you think about starting this war with Libya ? Is it the same like with Iraq just few miles difference same goal same oil same shits happening .
If you don’t know much about Obama that’s not the reason to make him look bad . He did some good things really take a look . and then judge ! But if you are president some people are going to like you some are not . That’s normal fact !

Proof you can please only some people some of times .

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/15/...citations/

I didn’t say only bad things . I would give him credits for that Improving the Economy, Preventing Depression and in fields of Wall Street reforms that he made . I can agree on that civil rights and anti-discrimination improvements that he made .

But as you said you can please only some people some of times . I don’t like Obama that's my opinion Smiley
According to a 2012 poll conducted by Gallup, a company famous for the integrity of their public opinion polls, 54% of Libyans approve of U.S. leadership, compared to only 22% and 19% respective approval for China and Russia's, and 75% of Libyans say they approved of NATO's military intervention in the civil war.

Well, what did you expect? Gaddafi was brutally oppressing his own citizens and killing the rebels and anyone who dares to speak against him en mass. His was an authoritarian dictatorship where ordinary citizens like you and I do not have a voice in what happens to us, our family and our neighbors.

Are you saying that such a leader should not be overthrown?
Yes u are right I agree with you totally , every country must be democratic ! Gaddafi was dictator just like Hitler or Stalin or any other dictators who need to be overthrown for good of all people of that region .

Every man deserve the have human rights and freedom in any way this rights are based on Geneva convention human rights . If you don’t agree with basic human rights than you don’t deserve to lead one country !
I did not say I agree with dictator and autocrat as Gaddafi is , I’m saying that U.S government are doing some other things intended they should do . They just put their fingers on every "cake" ... u know like there in Libya people don’t like Gaddafi but Libya got oil , a lot of oil , and we are not in good relationship with Russia ok lets "help" to the people on Libya , let them accept us our leaders and than we are going to take all we want from that country , just like we did to Iraq or Vietnam or and other region that we conflicted with . Bush did that Obama is doing that .

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:54:56 PM

What about Turkey and its dictator, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan? No one is willing to speak a word against him, as he is pro-American. Just a few hours ago, another 15-year old was killed by Erdoğan's rabid dogs.
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:25:12 PM

So, are you saying that Obama (and most others really) doesn't deserve to lead a country? Because drone strikes, for example, completely ignore the basic human rights of the suspects they kill, and the rights of all the people who happen to be standing nearby when they happen.

What about Turkey and its dictator, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan? No one is willing to speak a word against him, as he is pro-American. Just a few hours ago, another 15-year old was killed by Erdoğan's rabid dogs.

Exactly; or Saudi Arabia, or Bahrain, etc.. If you're pro-American, news of what you're doing barely even reaches the mainstream in the West.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:14:54 PM

Exactly; or Saudi Arabia, or Bahrain, etc.. If you're pro-American, news of what you're doing barely even reaches the mainstream in the West.

Saudi Arabs enjoy almost a complete immunity from media coverage. They do all sort of shit there. But media hardly ever reports about those incidents. Recently they deported some one million or so illegal immigrants, and extreme brutality was used during the process. But that incident received almost zero media coverage. On the other hand, when the Netherlands or Denmark deports a handful of illegals, the media will publish the story in the front page.
schnaiwiyi

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:47:44 PM

Obamacare!
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:31:51 PM

Well, he said feds would stop raiding medical marijuana dispensaries.

....Then they kept doing it.

This spot for rent.
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:02:02 PM

What about Obama's saving of the US automobile industry by giving government bailouts in 2009? A lot of people regarded it as a bad move and waste of tax payer's money.

However, General Motors is now one of the most profitable companies in the world. GM has earned a stunning $22.6 billion in the 5 years since the bailouts in 2009 and has repaid everything it was obligated to repay the US gov.

Chrysler Group LLC has also repaid their $7.5 billion debt from the 2009 federal bailout to the U.S. and Canadian government in 2011, when the deadline that they had been given was 2017. They managed to pay 6 years early.

For all concerned, Obama's bailout plan was a success. If he had taken down those companies instead through the 'controlled bankruptcy' plans a lot of his political opponents were advocating, there'll be millions of jobs lost from american soil and more money flowing out of the country buying more imported cars which will further raise the national debt level.

More than 60 percent of respondents said the fact that GM had taken bailout money would influence their decision on what brand of truck to buy. This news comes as GM says it hopes to send 40 percent of new Chevrolet Silverados to dealerships in Texas.

If the bailout was such a big success that President Obama could use it as a major issue in his reelection campaign last year, why isn’t GM’s stock isn’t worth more? Why is it increasingly unlikely that Obama’s prediction that taxpayers will make money on the bailout will come true?

After all, when the government used our money to “buy” GM stock, it was because the company was in such dire straits that it was about to collapse.  Now, it’s supposedly back on its feet and making a profit.  One would think it would have outperformed the market, but it’s selling for just about the same price as the 2010 IPO for the “new” GM, around $35 a share when the rest of the market is up 40 percent.

The significant government stake in the company has hindered recovery.  The White House forced policies on GM’s management that were oriented toward its own ideology rather than market factors. Obama himself bragged about it at a town hall meeting in Minnesota in 2011:  “What we said was, if we’re going to help you, then you’ve also got to change your ways.  You can’t just make money on SUV’s and trucks….And so what we’ve now seen is an investment in electric vehicles.”

That “investment” gave us the money-losing Chevy Volt, and political control of the company led to a series of other policy decisions that sapped the energy out of GM’s rebirth. These decisions including everything from union pension policies to advertising campaigns that did more for Obama’s reelection than GM’s market share.

We’ll never know where GM would be today if it had been allowed to go through bankruptcy in the ordinary way.  But there’s no reason to believe the current management, appointed by Washington politicians, has been more competent than the executives who might have taken over following a Chapter 11 reorganization.  Remember, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is up 40% since the GM bailout, and the 30 companies in the index are being run by executives hired without Washington’s help.

Obama’s Minnesota remarks also point to another reason why government ownership has hurt GM.  It alienated SUV and truck buyers, hardening attitudes they already had for Obama, GM and the bailout.

The National Legal Policy Center survey underscores the prevalence of the distaste in one state alone.  Clearly, the “Government Motors” moniker is still hurting GM.  For the company, the bailout resulted in bad business policies and bad public relations.  The government never should have done it, and should get out as fast as it can.  Maybe then, General Motors can begin its real recovery.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2013/11/14/the-governments-bailout-of-general-motors-is-strangling-gm/

[...]
GM is now one of the 40 most profitable companies in the nation. It's more profitable than a third of the companies in the Dow, including Verizon (VZ), American Express (AXP), Boeing (BA) and 3M (MMM).
But the costs related to its controversial ignition switch recall essentially wiped out its profit in the first quarter of this year. GM estimates that repairs to the 15.8 million vehicles it's recalled this year will cost at least $1.7 billion. And that doesn't include any legal costs, fines or victim payouts that it will face.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/29/news/companies/gm-profit-bailout/index.html

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:05:06 PM

http://youtu.be/2D-jRWmozkQ

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:56:33 AM

Obamacare!

Obamacare has benefited a few, but at the time has forced the medium-sizes businesses to shut down, as employee healthcare was made mandatory. Romneycare was much better than Obamacare.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:39:57 PM

Nothing....... he tricked everyone..... he is one of the worst leaders to ever sit in America.
sana8410

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:26:08 PM

Created jobs (Jobs act which was stopped by Republicans, did it piece by piece), Stimulus package and middle class tax cuts helped families make money/save money (created jobs as well instead of losing them), Took out Mohammad Gaddafi with a 'lead from behind' policy, Tapped into oil in New Mexico (conservative ideal) ....

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:30:10 PM

He did not kill Osama Bin Laden, all the credit goes to the brave men who carried out the mission, and not to mention that Bush has come close many times, so it's no great accomplishment.
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 03:53:08 PM

While he might have actually done what he set out to do there, I feel it was against free market. Who gets to pick the winners and losers? Oh and it did keep a ton of people employed over seas as well...
Should have been like this, we will LOAN you money if you bring this plant, this plant and this plant back to Detriot. Why help companies that turn their back on the U.S. worker that buys their product?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: