Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:01:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 228 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [START] StartCOIN 2.0 - The digital currency for crowdfunding  (Read 538826 times)
mvdheuvel1983

Activity: 1008
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:29:25 AM

... but not the country! I've seen this sort of thing happen before where one side insists that the real, uncorruptable threat be absent at any future meetings, so that they can perhaps try to work a flanker. I don't think that this tactic will do them any good. He will still be there in the background. As others have recently Tweeted, "Mission Accomplished." https://twitter.com/hashtag/MissionAccomplished?src=hash

"The superhuman effort to honour the brave people of Greece, and the famous OXI (NO)
that they granted to democrats the world over, is just beginning."  (Yanis Varoufakis)

He can now come out and say what he really wants to say without being bound by any ministerial restrictions.  Incidentally, he was elected to the Greek Parliament with the highest number of votes.  Wink

Just because Varoufakis may have appeared in Max Keisers' show, why on earth do you think that "connection" has any value for bitcoin let alone startcoin?

Have you actually read any of the stuff Varoufakis wrote and said about Bitcoin?

"The Crash of 2008 has infused our societies with enormous scepticism on the role of the authorities, both government and Central Banks. It is quite natural that many dream of a currency that politicians, bankers and central bankers cannot manipulate; a currency of the people by the people for the people. Bitcoin has emerged as the great white hope of something of the sort. Alas, the hope it brings to many people’s hearts and minds is false."

(...)

"In brief, while apolitical money is a dangerous illusion, a Central Bank that is democratically controlled (as opposed to the indefensible notion of an ‘independent’ Central Bank) remains our best hope for a form of money that is for the people and by the people. Bitcoin, despite its many interesting features, can never be that."

http://yanisvaroufakis.eu/2013/04/22/bitcoin-and-the-dangerous-fantasy-of-apolitical-money/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bizzyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001

Don't look at my signature!

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 11:56:31 AM

... but not the country! I've seen this sort of thing happen before where one side insists that the real, uncorruptable threat be absent at any future meetings, so that they can perhaps try to work a flanker. I don't think that this tactic will do them any good. He will still be there in the background. As others have recently Tweeted, "Mission Accomplished." https://twitter.com/hashtag/MissionAccomplished?src=hash

"The superhuman effort to honour the brave people of Greece, and the famous OXI (NO)
that they granted to democrats the world over, is just beginning."  (Yanis Varoufakis)

He can now come out and say what he really wants to say without being bound by any ministerial restrictions.  Incidentally, he was elected to the Greek Parliament with the highest number of votes.  Wink

Just because Varoufakis may have appeared in Max Keisers' show, why on earth do you think that "connection" has any value for bitcoin let alone startcoin?

Have you actually read any of the stuff Varoufakis wrote and said about Bitcoin?

"The Crash of 2008 has infused our societies with enormous scepticism on the role of the authorities, both government and Central Banks. It is quite natural that many dream of a currency that politicians, bankers and central bankers cannot manipulate; a currency of the people by the people for the people. Bitcoin has emerged as the great white hope of something of the sort. Alas, the hope it brings to many people’s hearts and minds is false."

(...)

"In brief, while apolitical money is a dangerous illusion, a Central Bank that is democratically controlled (as opposed to the indefensible notion of an ‘independent’ Central Bank) remains our best hope for a form of money that is for the people and by the people. Bitcoin, despite its many interesting features, can never be that."

http://yanisvaroufakis.eu/2013/04/22/bitcoin-and-the-dangerous-fantasy-of-apolitical-money/
My Mrs can change her mind 18 times in 13 seconds...I think 2 years later, he may have a different viewpoint based on better understanding and experience? Maybe, maybe not.
Though, there will always be a an inequitable distribution of BitCoin, which perpetuates the financial unfairness it hoped to destroy.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░███▀░░░░░░▀███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░██░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░█████░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ░░░████░░░░░░░████
░░███░██░░░░░██░███
░░██░░░███░███░░░██
░░██░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████████████████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░████░░░░░▐█
░░░░█████░░░░███
░░░░░█████░░████
░░█░░░█████░████
░██░░░██████████
████░████░█████
█████████░░███
███████░░░██
░░▀████░░░█▀
░░░░░
   ░██████████████████▀██████░
█████████░░██████▀████████
█████████░░███▀▄████████
███████░░██░░▄██░░███████
██████▌░░░██▄▄██░░░▐██████
██████░░░░░█████░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░███░░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░█████
████░░░████▌░░░▐████░░░████
████░░░█████▌▐█████░░░████
███░░░███████████████░░░███
███░░░███████████████░░░███
░█████████████████████████░
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
trickytricky

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:57:29 AM

anyone have more information about the startcoin Mining Backed Assets ??  also the double pledge bonus reward this week ?
chinook

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 12:03:37 PM

this coin is a real game changer, and the market cap reflects that. still plenty of room to move!
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:07:41 PM

Anyone gets "403 forbidden error" when they go to startjoin.com ?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Dave-ja-vu

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:16:45 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 07:03:05 PM by Dave-ja-vu

(...)

To very quickly answer your question in the very short time I have available - Yanis Varoufakis is crypto-currency aware. That can only be helpful.  Smiley

First, Yanis was talking about Bitcoin in the context of it being the basis for a national currency ... "there can be no de-politicised currency capable of ‘powering’ an advanced, industrial society." Some time ago, it had been suggested that Bitcoin could be that, not only for Greece, but also for Scotland if it had voted for independence in its referendum. If Bitcoin could be controlled by a democratically elected central bank, it would be perfect - but intrinsically, Bitcoin is by its very nature, is decentralised. However, he doesn't argue against Bitcoin being a hedge, like gold, or silver.

Secondly, Yanis identifies two fundamental flaws with Bitcoin - again as the basis for a national currency:

Roughly stated: the first revolves around security and the Bitcoin 'elite' who could manpulate the coin. I would also throw in any person, or group who could commit a so-called 51% attack.

The second, revolves around the deflationary aspect of Bitcoin, scarcity value - it being modelled on gold, volatility e.g. speculators who can affect price stabilty, the fact that most Bitcoins have already been minted at a time when goods and services were virtually non-existent - with new goods and services having to compete for a finite supply of Bitcoins etc. etc.

Startcoin, on the other hand, has been 50% pre-mined. This bolsters security and helps prevent a 51% attack - something that Maxcoin was very vulnerable to at times, as are most other alt-coins. It seems that Max has learnt from this experience.

As far as elites are concerned, when the price has risen fast, there have been free give-aways to aid distribution far and wide. Of the 50% pre-mine, 90% is to be donated to projects and active users of StartJOIN - much evidence of that will be seen this week. There are also bounties offered for porting existing technologies to StartCOIN.There have been concerted efforts to get Startcoin into commercial use, ATMs etc.

In short, Yanis was talking about Bitcoin in the context of being the basis solely of a national currency e.g. if Greece had to abandon the Euro. To my knowledge, neither Bitcoin, nor Startcoin, have ever claimed to be the basis for a national currency. I'm sure that, as alternative back-up currencies, or hedges, Yanis would agree that Bitcoin and Startcoin are just fine.

Besides the reservations he has about Bitcoin that you outline, he also used complimentary words to describe Bitcoin: a "brilliant algorithm" ... "that made something remarkable possible" ... and that it has "many interesting features."

It could also be argued that Startcoin is closer to Yanis's ideal than Bitcoin, based on security and distribution considerations.

Now that he has resigned as Greece's Finance Minister, I hope to see Yanis Varoufakis back regularly on the Keiser Report TV programme.   Wink
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:28:07 PM

The Shanghai Forex Expo starts this friday and Simon Dixon will be speaking there, correct?
Yes, correct. He is one of the main speakers:  http://www.chinaforexexpo.com/

By the way...any news on chinese exchange involvment? They must have noticed START by now.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 03:08:04 PM

how many coins do you receive per week if you move them to startjoin?

I wanna move them but if it's 1 coin per week I would rather not bother with it

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 03:18:33 PM

Also lots of fake sells for 25 and 45 startcoins.
Jdj1727

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 03:24:32 PM

I believe it depends on how any coins you have. I'm getting around 15 coins a week.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 03:25:24 PM

I believe it depends on how any coins you have. I'm getting around 15 coins a week.

that's not much. how many total coins do you have? do they send out every friday?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Jdj1727

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 03:59:00 PM

that's not much. how many total coins do you have? do they send out every friday?

I only have 10k on Startjoin right now, I currently have the rest on exchanges. Still, 15 coins a week for free is 15 more than I had the week before. Especially if you think this coin has great longterm potential, which i do. Yes, they payout every Friday, the time of day seems to vary though.
unusualfacts30

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 04:25:28 PM

I only have 10k on Startjoin right now, I currently have the rest on exchanges. Still, 15 coins a week for free is 15 more than I had the week before. Especially if you think this coin has great longterm potential, which i do. Yes, they payout every Friday, the time of day seems to vary though.

oh wow. I don't have close to that..I would barely get 7 coins per week...might as well buy low sell high..rinse and repeat

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Dave-ja-vu

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:49:08 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 09:00:20 PM by Dave-ja-vu

That's compound interest every 7 days. Still it's infinitely higher than you would get from most other coins e.g. those total anonymous coins like Dash for instance, formerly known as a Darkcoin - you know, the underhand coin who 'stole' Dashcoin's name - the one whose pages are like a cesspool of sock-puppetry - the ones who troll the pages of rival coins with posts designed to undermine.

Well the days of total anonymity coins like Dash are numbered. They and the exchanges that they are on are in danger of being closed down by the NSA and their owners thrown in jail for knowingly facilitating money laundering, criminal activity and terrorism. Not to mention all their coins confiscated, or 'lost'. Look what happened to Charlie Shrem and his 'Silk Road'.
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:02:38 PM

That's compound interest every 7 days. Still it's infinitely higher than you would get from most other coins e.g. those total anonymous coins like Dash for instance, formerly known as a Darkcoin - you know, the underhand coin who 'stole' Dashcoin's name - the one whose pages are like a cesspool of sock-puppetry - the ones who troll the pages of rival coins with posts designed to undermine.

Well the days of total anonymity coins like Dash are numbered. They and the exchanges that they are on are in danger of being closed down by the NSA and their owners thrown in jail for knowingly facilitating money laundering, criminal activity and terrorism. Not to mention all their coins confiscated. Look what happened to Charlie Shrem and his 'Silk Road'.

Wow. So much misinformation in one single post. Dash is no "total anonymity coin" to begin with, I`d like to see you crunch some numbers when comparing Masternode payments to START payouts, Dash did not steal anything and Charlie Shrem is not connected to Silk Road (I guess you meant Ross Ulbricht).

Let`s stick with START in this thread, shall we?

Apropos...does anyone have any ideas wether some chinese exchange is going to handle START soon? Can`t imagine Simon Dixon going to Shanghai this friday and talking to a chinese audience without having arranged something along those lines.
johnp

Activity: 575

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:08:27 PM

Well the days of total anonymity coins like Dash are numbered. They and the exchanges that they are on are in danger of being closed down by the NSA and their owners thrown in jail for knowingly facilitating money laundering, criminal activity and terrorism. Not to mention all their coins confiscated. Look what happened to Charlie Shrem and his 'Silk Road'.

Wow. So much misinformation in one single post. Dash is no "total anonymity coin" to begin with, I`d like to see you crunch some numbers when comparing Masternode payments to START payouts, Dash did not steal anything and Charlie Shrem is not connected to Silk Road (I guess you meant Ross Ulbricht).

Apropos...does anyone have any ideas wether some chinese exchange is going to handle START soon? Can`t imagine Simon Dixon going to Shanghai this friday and talking to a chinese audience without having arranged something along those lines.

I think if they have something up theirs sleeves they will not let on, but I am not expecting it I would think they would need a Chinese version of the site first and I am not sure how that would work with Startjoin and pledging etc

*Image Removed*
johnp

Activity: 575

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:09:16 PM

And yes I agree lets stick to Startcoin topics

*Image Removed*
Dave-ja-vu

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:35:39 PM

I am sticking with Startcoin. I believe this thread is currently infested with trolls. I believe I know where some of them are coming from. Dash's headline on their Bitcointalk thread is "First Anonymous Coin". You would seem to be misinformed on that count.

If you are going to quote me, please quote correctly. I used the word 'stole' in inverted commas. What actually happened was that a member of the Dashcoin community was paid off so that Darkcoin could use the Dash name. Other members of the Dashcoin community might agree with the word 'stole'.

I did mean Ross Ulbricht - other than that I felt my post was relevant and addressed some of the things I saw happening in this thread.
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:55:41 PM

I am sticking with Startcoin. I believe this thread is currently infested with trolls. I believe I know where some of them are coming from. Dash's headline on their Bitcointalk thread is "First Anonymous Coin". You would seem to be misinformed on that count.

If you are going to quote me, please quote correctly. I used the word 'stole' in inverted commas. What actually happened was that a member of the Dashcoin community was paid off so that Darkcoin could use the Dash name. Other members of the Dashcoin community might agree with the word 'stole'.

I did mean Ross Ulbricht - other than that I felt my post was relevant and addressed some of the things I saw happening in this thread.

With Dash you can switch between anonymity and visible transaction, so no "total anonymity" and I know what happened with Dashcoin, it was the Dev who was paid off, so it seems fair, doesn`t it? Strange you did not mention the oh so popular DRK-instamine-meme...oh wait...with 50% premine...yeah, I understand why you didn`t...

Anyway, again...let`s stick with Startcoin, no need to attack other Alts when defending START (I haven`t seen any Dash supporters in this thread trolling START so far, if I do, I`ll be happy to stand by your side). I happen to like Dash AND Startcoin and some other Alts (and I never understood the strange partisan fanboy behavior according to which you seem to have to choose one Alt and hate the rest)...
Dave-ja-vu

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:08:42 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 10:50:52 PM by Dave-ja-vu

With Dash you can switch between anonymity and visible transaction, so no "total anonymity" and I know what happened with Dashcoin, it was the Dev who was paid off, so it seems fair, doesn`t it? Strange you did not mention the oh so popular DRK-instamine-meme...oh wait...with 50% premine...yeah, I understand why you didn`t...

Anyway, again...let`s stick with Startcoin, no need to attack other Alts when defending START (I haven`t seen any Dash supporters in this thread trolling START so far, if I do, I`ll be happy to stand by your side). I happen to like Dash AND Startcoin and some other Alts (and I never understood the strange partisan fanboy behavior according to which you seem to have to choose one Alt and hate the rest)...

My, my ... I seem to have touched a raw nerve and outed someone with a deep interest in Dash. Some would consider that Startcoin is Dash's main threat. You replied very quickly. You assume too much. I hold quite a few coins and don't hate any, although I do admit to disliking what Dash (Darkcoin) did to Dashcoin. Underhand, just like trolling. I note the fanboy putdown. I've obviously ruffled your feathers.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 228 »
  Print  

Jump to: