Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:33:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Suggestions on Paypal Freezing Bitcoin Payments  (Read 5230 times)
bing

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 10:37:45 PM

Did you put "bitcoin" as what the transaction was for? I put "other" as most of my transactions (no matter what they are) and have never had them ask any questions about it.

I used "other" and wrote something like this "Here's the payment for trade ID xxx at BCM"

If they refund the money, I'll get them to djex another way...and I probably wont use paypal again... Sad

This never happened before though...
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2011, 01:05:33 PM

I would recommend that you have the person send the money as a 'gift', gifts cannot be charged back or are very hard to charge back in paypal.

While that us a good suggestion, nothing is hard about initiating a preypal chargeback.

chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 07:18:15 PM

PayPal froze randomly selected accounts so they can make money off the account balance.
Head over to paypalsucks.com and you will read more horrible stories.
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 09:59:32 AM

I would recommend that you have the person send the money as a 'gift', gifts cannot be charged back or are very hard to charge back in paypal.

unless you sent the money from proxy/tor and cry - HELP, I'M HACKED

pp is good only, when you are not the receiving side...

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
Txyru

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 01:27:38 AM

I would recommend you tell people who send you money via paypal to send it as a payment for a service, and for them to put inside the comments "I am happy with your consulting service I received".

It should minimize chargebacks if its intangible.
djex (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 03:37:55 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. Just for a quick update on my situation PayPal has not responded to my reply to their "investigation". The funds are still frozen. I'm hoping they will respond in the next few days so I can move on and get this sorted out.

Smiley  : 1LbvSEJwtQZKLSQQVYxQJes8YneQk2yhE3
djex (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:14:06 AM

Just to update and conclude this thread PayPal finally took my funds off hold. It took them 3 weeks to "complete their investigation". During the course of these 3 weeks, 3 emails were sent to them. I sent 2 and the buyer sent one as well. Now I'm not sure if it was the emails or not that convinced them to release my funds.

What I found most funny was the email they sent me letting me know they released the funds.

"We have lifted the temporary hold on the funds. You now have full access to
those amounts in your account.

We appreciate your cooperation."

This was the message written in the email. To me this suggests they held the funds for the hell of it and there was no real reason to hold them, bastards.

Oh well I'll never use PayPal again and I would not recommend anyone use it. (but you all know that already Tongue)

Smiley  : 1LbvSEJwtQZKLSQQVYxQJes8YneQk2yhE3
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: