Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:40:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $50k to Invest - Convince Me!  (Read 9061 times)
JessyMatt (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:18:57 AM

I have just allocated some serious money and thinking about investing about $50k on bitcoin. Someone convince me why I should buy $50k worth of bitcoins right now!

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virtualrealityau

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:28:29 AM

look at the graphs ..  it looks like it might be heading back up now, so now would seem like the right time.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:49:58 AM

W/ all the investor money going into BTC peripheral companies, I'm way bullish on our crypto. Coinbase's latest deal where they allow merchants to be able to offer discounts to purchasers is great as it shows that using BTC gets you a better deal. The more this catches on will make average person want to use it more.
Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:10:26 AM

Well, depends what school of thought your looking at. Fundamental analysis? It's not very clear-cut -- quite different than stocks, etc. Technical analysis -- well, obviously there are many differing opinions from that perspective. A look at the long term log growth trend would indicate that it's certainly a good time to buy. But the question is, will that trend continue, and for how long? Tongue

Personally, I'm a bull.... but I can't be irrational about it.

bl4kjaguar

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 03:17:53 AM

With bitcoin, you can earn great interest rates by "safely" loaning out your money on sites like BITFINEX, ICBIT, Playt.in, or really any borrower who you can trust. Cheesy Grin

1CuUwTT21yZmZvNmmYYhsiVocczmAomSVa
MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:36:31 AM

I think this is all you need to look at - and check out the second tab on the bottom as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArD8rjI3DD1WdFIzNDFMeEhVSzhwcEVXZDVzdVpGU2c#gid=1
Berghoff

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:12:20 AM

I think you need to do your own homework rather than asking to be convinced. Its a risky investment. It could continue to grow or it could drop to zero.

Do you have specific questions?
arruah
Legendary

Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 05:25:40 AM

you can invest my loan
https://btcjam.com/listings/14276
Smiley

BCH
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:46:25 AM

With bitcoin, you can earn great interest rates by "safely" loaning out your money on sites like BITFINEX, ICBIT, Playt.in, or really any borrower who you can trust. Cheesy Grin

it's not particularly safe. i don't know about the latter two sites (they sound shady and i've never heard of them), but on bitfinex, i'd say the order book is extremely thin for the amount of leverage traders can/have taken out. they don't guarantee you that money, you know, in the case of margin calls that can't cover liquidity provided. they may pay out, they may not....
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 08:54:48 AM

look at the graphs ..  it looks like it might be heading back up now, so now would seem like the right time.
+1, I was estimating 2K at the end of August, however, not sure why the price started to go back again...

Cryptostats.es
JessyMatt (OP)

Activity: 191

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:08:42 AM

What are my guarantees?

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:17:43 AM

I have just allocated some serious money and thinking about investing about $50k on bitcoin. Someone convince me why I should buy $50k worth of bitcoins right now!

If you need to be convinced, probably best not to do it.

Loaning it out is even riskier. If you don't have your private keys, you don't have the coins.  If you do buy, don't leave the coins anywhere (eg avoid a Gox type situation) and use cold storage.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 02:12:44 PM

If you are not sure buy 25k$ worth of bitcoins and use a very secured cold storage

Use the rest of it for an other investment like Gold or shares of natural ressources companies

CaptainBeck

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:15:23 PM

"Rather than dig for gold, why not sell shovels"

With that much $$, why not invest in BTC tools of some kind, find companies you think are doing cool stuff and go with that.
bitgold

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:18:32 PM

What are my guarantees?
Your guarantee will be that Brooklyn bridge that I own  Grin
Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:27:56 PM

Hey bro, you forget www.btcjam.com ! Smiley

So, if you want to invest in sure way, buy some bitcoin, then send its to a paper wallet ! Smiley

When price will rise up, sell it and get your money  Grin

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:54:31 PM

Right now is a bad time to invest in BTC. There should be a consolidation during the next 1 - 2 weeks.
If after that it breaks up, it should reach 800$ before a downward correction. If it breaks down, then it will drop well below 340$.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
joshraban76

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:30:46 PM

Because simply, the price is going up again, you can read more in the speculation forum.

Or, you can come with a solid UNIQUE idea which is bitcoin-oriented and make profit from it.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
CaptainBeck

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:32:16 PM

Right now is a bad time to invest in BTC. There should be a consolidation during the next 1 - 2 weeks.
If after that it breaks up, it should reach 800$ before a downward correction. If it breaks down, then it will drop well below 340$.

Depends if you think it will spike up or down again, if you think it will spike up, then a good time to buy in on BTC, if you think its only the start of a drop, then yes its a bad time to get in on this.
Keyara

Activity: 174

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:33:02 PM

A fool and his money would soon departed.

Putting money in bitcoin is a gamble. You might double your money if you are lucky. You might also lose it all if you are not so lucky.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: