Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:08:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Groestl/MyriadGroestl] Pool closed  (Read 36998 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
polanskiman

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:06:16 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 09:26:51 AM by polanskiman

Version 1.2.5 (third release, 25 June 2014)
* Windows build
* Added R9 290 optimized Kernel for Tahiti, Pitcairn and Hawaii GPUs
* Shows a warning if "optimized" kernel is used with incorrect pool

Sapphire R9 290 TriX, Sapphire R9 290 TriX, Gigabyte R9 270X

can you please share the config for 270x.
tnx

It's in the OP or example.conf file that comes with the miner. Start with exactly that and ONLY then start tweaking if necessary.

With the config in the OP:

[10:44:29] Started sgminer 1.2.5
[10:44:29] Started sgminer 1.2.5
[10:44:29] Loaded configuration file example.conf
[10:44:29] Optimized groestlcoin kernel invoked.
[10:44:29] Error -11: Building Program (clBuildProgram)
[10:44:29] Frontend phase failed compilation.
Error: Compilation from LLVMIR binary to IL text failed!
[10:44:29] Failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
[10:44:29] Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
[10:44:29] Try restarting sgminer.
Press enter to continue:

sgminer 1.2.5 - Started: [2014-06-30 10:45:21]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ST: 1  SS: 0  NB: 1  LW: 3  GF: 0  RF: 0
Connected to GroestlCoinOptimized (stratum) diff 0.031 as user FnzMEE2fkX31J5Ejh
Block: 9cdb58f0...  Diff:25  Started: [10:45:21]  Best share: 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[P]ool management [G]PU management S]ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 GPU 0:  30.0C 2002RPM | OFF   / 0.000h/s | R:  0.0% HW:0 WU:0.000/m I:22
 GPU 1:  26.0C 2012RPM | OFF   / 0.000h/s | R:  0.0% HW:0 WU:0.000/m I:22
Error: Compilation from LLVMIR binary to IL text failed!
[10:45:20] Failed to init GPU thread 1, disabling device 1
[10:45:20] Probing for an alive pool
[10:45:21] AtheistCoinOptimized difficulty changed to 0.031
[10:45:21] DiamondCoinOptimized difficulty changed to 0.031
[10:45:21] GroestlCoinOptimized difficulty changed to 0.031
[10:45:21] DokdoCoinOptimized difficulty changed to 0.031
[10:45:21] Switching to AtheistCoinOptimized - first alive pool
[10:45:21] DiamondCoinOptimized alive, testing stability
[10:45:21] Switching to DiamondCoinOptimized
[10:45:21] GroestlCoinOptimized alive, testing stability
[10:45:21] Switching to GroestlCoinOptimized
[10:45:21] Network diff set to 25

and then the miner crashes..

Seems you are having the same issue than BusyBeee (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652849.msg7556772#msg7556772)

1 - Try renaming the example.conf file to sgminer.conf first
2 - make sure you are using the correct kernel corresponding to the card.
3 - make sure you are using the 14.6 Beta drivers
4 - try again
5 - post your config as is please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
seljak

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:56:49 AM

Seems you are having the same issue than BusyBeee (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652849.msg7556772#msg7556772)

1 - Try renaming the example.conf file to sgminer.conf first
2 - make sure you are using the correct kernel corresponding to the card.
3 - make sure you are using the 14.6 Beta drivers
4 - try again
5 - post your config as is please.

1- tried that..didnt work
2- kernel corresponding to the card? i am trying to use "optimized" kernel for diamondcoin
3- currently using 13.12 and dont wanna change unless absolutely necessary
4- will do ...curently on remote
5- using the example.cfg as you suggested Wink (minus oc settings)...didnt even change the payment address.
polanskiman

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:15:00 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 10:40:41 AM by polanskiman

1 - What does "doesn't work" mean? Please be precise and provide an error code or anything that can be used to debug your problem.
2 - For 270x use groestlcoinPitcairn256l4.bop or groestlcoinTahiti256l4.bop
3 - As adviced by OP 14.6 Beta are the drivers to be used. Whethere or not it is a requirement to function that I can't tell. But others with 270x have been able to use the optimized kernel with their 270x cards.
4 - Noted.
5 - Read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=652849.msg7411804#msg7411804
6 - Try using the .bop file from version 1.2.4. For some reason the .bop file of 1.2.5 gives me an error on my 280x cards. Not the same error though.

Finally have you tried using the normal kernel instead of the optimized one?

Optional but recommended: use your own address and try with only one pool to start with... Wink
polanskiman

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:45:37 AM

Stratum is down.
polanskiman

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:42:39 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 03:41:10 AM by polanskiman

Why did I not receive any payment today between 6am and 12pm? Payments are supposed to happen every hour and my miner was very well running. The loss is estimated at ~10DMD

Same happened on June 28. Between 5am and 12pm. The loss is estimated at ~10DMD

The total estimated loss = ~20 DMD
polanskiman

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:17:31 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 03:40:59 AM by polanskiman

Why did I not receive any payment today between 6am and 12pm? Payments are supposed to happen every hour and my miner was very well running. The loss is estimated at ~10DMD

Srcxx where are you.....?
sandpaper

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:49:10 AM

Glad I decided to read up on the thread a bit before moving over to his pool. I am ok with a fee and all but transparency while mining is a must.
srcxxx (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 07:28:16 AM

Srcxx where are you.....?

If you need me - please PM.

I'm not reading this thread regularly and devoting all time to making a new OpenCL kernel.

I'm not aware of any problems and am mining DMD myself with 90 MH/s.

Possibly it is related to some troubles with the Diamondcoin network (BTW pool is using the latest 2.0.2.2 wallet).
The pool performs payouts based on the number of coins earned per hour. This is purely luck based.

If you feel the this pool is not transparent enough or is stealing your coins, please move to some other pool.
This is your decision.

You can see statistics here visually:
(Sometimes there is more and sometimes there is less "light blue")

polanskiman

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:55:31 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 07:49:55 AM by polanskiman

Are you afraid of making this public? I've sent you 2 PMs, one of which was unrelated but to this date answers to none. So I will keep posting here.

I'm not reading this thread regularly and devoting all time to making a new OpenCL kernel.

Good but that doesn't dispense you from answering comments here specially when you are running a pool and people are paying a fee.

Possibly it is related to some troubles with the Diamondcoin network (BTW pool is using the latest 2.0.2.2 wallet).

Not sure where the problem is coming from, but I am mining in your pool, so naturally I come to you first. The network has been running ok apart from the assertion problem and the PoS on June 26. Since that, the network has been up and running. Consult with DMD team before making such statements.

As for the 2.0.2.2 wallet.... Well, I don't mean to be brutal here, but I was the VERY FIRST one to test it following the updated code by Danbi so I am pretty much aware of the update. Your pool went down for ~ an hour or so (on June 30 @ ~7.18am Bangkok time) when you tried to update the wallet (which is to be expected) and complained about the assertion problem which had been disscussed profusely all 4 days prior your pool's wallet update.

The pool performs payouts based on the number of coins earned per hour. This is purely luck based.

Payments are supposed to be done according to the hash power hourly. Yes solving blocks is luck based. So are you saying that we had no luck for over 6 hours? There was twice, no payment for ~6 hours in a row... I am not sure if this is luck related but if it is then everyone mining DMD in your pool should nornally have the exact same thing happen to them. If anyone reads this and mines at DMD at cryptohunger, could you please check you transaction on June 28 and July 1st?

If you feel the this pool is not transparent enough or is stealing your coins, please move to some other pool.
This is your decision.

Please don't deflect. First, let's talk about the the problem and the ~20 coins I am not seing. I am simply investigating the reasons.

I reiterate, there are no "more" or "less", there is simply NOTHING for 6 straight hours in a row.

As for the graph, that one is from today. I was refering to June 28 and July 1st. Thank you for checking your logs. Appreciated.
katak

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:14:19 PM

Hi,

Why are we three on this pool for grs ? :p

See ya
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:57:09 AM

why am nit getting any accepts? nor rejects my miners says setting GPUs for idle???

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
paladin281978

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:09:35 PM

community, please confirm or disprove this point:
on a pool of cryptohunger.com:81 first of payment occur in 3 hours, but on my supervision if to stop mining, that payments occur only in the last hour, and not as it should be the last 3 hours. is this true? I noticed it already 2 times.
basically I get every hour from 9 to 25 ATH depending on the difficulty, but if stop mining, that comes only 4+ ATH and all this for the last 3 hours.

srcxxx (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 12:19:49 PM

"optimized" kernel will get myriad-groestl support shortly (you can already see me testing it on port 60002).

So it'll be possible to mine myriadcoin and saffroncoin (also futurecoin, but I think it is already dead).

R9 290 gives about 33.5 MH/s. Perhaps I'll be able to make it faster.

I'll keep you posted.

PS: Getting past 20 MH/s on Groestl appeared to be quite hard. I still am hoping that I can achieve at least 22MH/s on R9 290 using the current algorithm, but it'll probably be some time later.
polanskiman

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:10:26 PM

"optimized" kernel will get myriad-groestl support shortly (you can already see me testing it on port 60002).

So it'll be possible to mine myriadcoin and saffroncoin (also futurecoin, but I think it is already dead).

I'll keep you posted.

PS: Getting past 20 MH/s on Groestl appeared to be quite hard. I still am hoping that I can achieve at least 22MH/s on R9 290 using the current algorithm, but it'll probably be some time later.

I am still waiting for your answer.
srcxxx (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:01:53 PM

> Are you afraid of making this public? I've sent you 2 PMs, one of which was unrelated but to this date answers to none. So I will keep posting here.

Of course not. After all, this is a self moderated thread and I can just delete your messages if I feel like it. :-)
But as I said, I am not checking this thread daily. And if somebody needs my attention urgently (like if payouts are not working or stratum is offline) - just PM me.

I chose to ignore this PM of yours:
Hi there,

What do you think about DMD and it's development team?

Cheers,

Polanskiman

and have replied to all your other PM questions.
Which there were a few :-)

>Good but that doesn't dispense you from answering comments here specially when you are running a pool and people are paying a fee.

Agreed, but I am still not going to read this thread regularly.
And if something is broken - just PM me.

> Not sure where the problem is coming from, but I am mining in your pool, so naturally I come to you first. The network has been running ok apart from the assertion problem and the PoS on June 26. Since that, the network has been up and running. Consult with DMD team before making such statements.

Why should I consult? I saw that there is a problem with DMD network.
I had the same problem when I was forking Groestlcoin.

> As for the 2.0.2.2 wallet.... Well, I don't mean to be brutal here, but I was the VERY FIRST one to test it following the updated code by Danbi so I am pretty much aware of the update. Your pool went down for ~ an hour or so (on June 30 @ ~7.18am Bangkok time) when you tried to update the wallet (which is to be expected) and complained about the assertion problem which had been disscussed profusely all 4 days prior your pool's wallet update.

That's true. But all pools go down for some time. Even danbi's.
I had the assert after updating to the new wallet and then had to find and redownload the blockchain.
To return to your question about DMD devs, I feel like they should devote a bit more time to testing.

This is your decision.

> Please don't deflect. First, let's talk about the the problem and the ~20 coins I am not seing. I am simply investigating the reasons.

Basically, I think that you are not missing any coins.
I was mining DMD myself on exactly this pool and did not get any other complaints.

As I said before, I'm running NOMP pool software and it pays out all the matured blocks completely without leaving anything in the running DMD wallet.

> I reiterate, there are no "more" or "less", there is simply NOTHING for 6 straight hours in a row.
> As for the graph, that one is from today. I was refering to June 28 and July 1st. Thank you for checking your logs. Appreciated.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to rewind the graph to those dates. But please look at it next time you have problems.

As for these 6 missing hours, perhaps you had no internet connection or forgot about it and actually was mining some other coin or something similar to this.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against you personally.

It's just that replying to your messages and trying to explain myself is taking too much of my time and decreases my motivation to proceed with any improvements.

Also, I think it doesn't work in my favour and people who read this think that it is a scam or something like that and avoid.

I feel like you are not happy with the pool and non-transparency so I recommend that you return to danbi's pool.
If you think that I owe you 20 DMD or some other amount - let me know and I'll pay you.
srcxxx (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:03:59 PM

I'll keep you posted.

I am still waiting for your answer.

Tell me how much I owe you and please move on to some other pool.

I feel that this thread is overloaded with your complaints.
srcxxx (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 08:17:31 PM

And these are my payouts for 28 June:

srcxxx (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 03:37:30 AM

Heavily disappointed that the optimized only works on a specific pool. Also, why can you not run dmd without --normal-hashing true? I would like to be able to switch between grs and dmd pools at will without having to take that config in and out.

Normal hashing parameter was introduced exactly for this reason. To be able to switch between grs and dmd pools in realtime.

See example.conf. You also should be able to specify normal-hashing true, false in command line if you are specifying two pools: dmd and grs
srcxxx (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 03:40:44 AM

Memory speed is irrelevant on these kernel. Set it very low - the lower the better to reduce heat.  I set mine @ 150.

Setting memory clock at 150 Mhz doesn't change anything. The GPU's automatically brings the memclock back to 1500 MHz. At least it doesn't work for me.

Some cards cannot go as low as 150.
Try to find your minimum value. It could be 900 or 1150. You'll have to experiment
srcxxx (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 03:44:54 AM

Version 1.2.5 (third release, 25 June 2014)
* Windows build
* Added R9 290 optimized Kernel for Tahiti, Pitcairn and Hawaii GPUs
* Shows a warning if "optimized" kernel is used with incorrect pool

Sapphire R9 290 TriX, Sapphire R9 290 TriX, Gigabyte R9 270X

can you please share the config for 270x.
tnx

See example.conf that is included in the installer zip file. It is for r9 270x and/or r9 290
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: